Unused Military Salute tickets that will expire?

I'm so sorry this happened to you. How awful with all the run around. It sort of baffles me that they don't have a canned solution for this since I imagine it in wouldn't be so uncommon that someone in the military had to defer a trip. Seems pretty rotten that the only solution is to upgrade to regular tickets.

I hope once this is all over (fingers crossed it's a short call for the last one) you can enjoy the rest of the planning and trip!

Thank you all again so much for your kind remarks and understanding of this disappointing situation.

Another 35 minute call this morning (with my mom present because she was too worried to try to have me patch her into the call), and the tickets are purchased/upgraded to regular tickets for $1260. That call did start with the CM saying that they "could not do this over the phone, it will have to be at the ticket booths". She said she could see the notes from the two calls I had with DL Ticketing yesterday and that those CMs were just wrong. Yesterday, both CMs put me on hold for greater than 10 minutes to talk to a supervisor, and the CM today did agree to talk to a supervisor about it today. Thankfully, the supervisor must have said it was ok for me to give them the additional $1260 (they did also finally figure out how to see the paid price of $340 from 2022, but again today she said it was only $306, and I had to insist that she look at it further to come up with the correct value of the expired tickets, which she eventually did).

I am going to try to get on with the fun parts of this trip, but I will continue to try to reach out to Disney on behalf of other military families that may find themselves in this situation. While we feel very fortunate to be able to pay this amount and take our trip with regular tickets, many military families can likely only go to Disney if they can use the Salute/discounted military tickets. I think, as another poster mentioned above, that Disney should and can have a policy for this situation for military tickets, and they clearly do not. That is not in the very generous spirit with which Disney generally treats military families, and this is an area that I fully hope and expect that they will improve upon for the future. No one should have to go through all of this mess, particularly our military families!!

All of you here have been amazingly kind, sympathetic and helpful with suggestions and just plain understanding of my frustrations. You are what make these boards so magical!!

I am going to try to get on with the fun parts of this trip, but I will continue to try to reach out to Disney on behalf of other military families that may find themselves in this situation. While we feel very fortunate to be able to pay this amount and take our trip with regular tickets, many military families can likely only go to Disney if they can use the Salute/discounted military tickets. I think, as another poster mentioned above, that Disney should and can have a policy for this situation for military tickets, and they clearly do not. That is not in the very generous spirit with which Disney generally treats military families, and this is an area that I fully hope and expect that they will improve upon for the future. No one should have to go through all of this mess, particularly our military families!!
That's the real mystery to me. I get that Disney is a business, but these tickets are being sold expressly to people whose plans can change in an instant through no fault of their own—and people whom Disney usually shows such respect for. I just don't understand why they don't have procedures in place to provide some kind of accommodation when a military family has to trade in old tickets.

Twodogs, I completely understand your desire to move on and start planning your wonderful trip, but maybe after that, you'd be interested in writing a letter to the head of Disneyland or the Disney parks and describe what happened to you. It just seems so "un-Disney" and I wonder whether the higher-ups know it's happening.

That's the real mystery to me. I get that Disney is a business, but these tickets are being sold expressly to people whose plans can change in an instant through no fault of their own—and people whom Disney usually shows such respect for. I just don't understand why they don't have procedures in place to provide some kind of accommodation when a military family has to trade in old tickets.

Twodogs, I completely understand your desire to move on and start planning your wonderful trip, but maybe after that, you'd be interested in writing a letter to the head of Disneyland or the Disney parks and describe what happened to you. It just seems so "un-Disney" and I wonder whether the higher-ups know it's happening.
I agree with you 100%. I would absolutely like to write a letter. I am not sure who to send it to (email?) to get it in front of someone who could make a difference in their policy for the future?

I agree with you 100%. I would absolutely like to write a letter. I am not sure who to send it to (email?) to get it in front of someone who could make a difference in their policy for the future?
When you're ready to write letters, you can confirm the current chairperson of Disney Experiences (which includes parks) and president of Disneyland here:

https://disneyconnect.com/about/leadership/

You could send the letters to Disney HQ, unless someone else here knows differently:

500 S Buena Vista St, Burbank, CA 91521

Hopefully if I've suggested anything not quite right, someone here will correct it.

When you're ready to write letters, you can confirm the current chairperson of Disney Experiences (which includes parks) and president of Disneyland here:

https://disneyconnect.com/about/leadership/

You could send the letters to Disney HQ, unless someone else here knows differently:

500 S Buena Vista St, Burbank, CA 91521

Hopefully if I've suggested anything not quite right, someone here will correct it.
Thank you very much for this information. I am definitely going to write some emails/letters, and I hope some progress is made for other military families going through this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter