Single Dining at Victoria and Albert's

vincep

Mouseketeer
Does Victoria and Albert's allow single diners?
Has anybody done it?
What was the experience like? Comfortable or awkward?
I ate there once decades ago with my parents($100 per person)and loved it.
On my bucket list to eat there one more time.

Wanted to let those of you who responded know that I went to my V&A dinner last night. I couldn’t finish all the carbs, but I powered through the vast majority of the 10-course menu. Stunning. I’m so glad I kept it. This was also one of the most comfortable solo dining experiences I’ve had. It seemed very appropriate, tbh. There was so much to take in that I was happy not to have to make chitchat!!! I’ll do an actual dining report from this trip in a few days.
That’s from a recent thread - https://www.disboards.com/threads/trip-starting-saturday-and-argh.3944489/#post-65460106

Sounds like it worked out well solo. Go for it!

Has anybody done it?
I never did do a report, but the blurb above was my post. I have done a few solo/partially solo trips to WDW. I don't always love going out to dinner by myself, but have gotten much braver about it since I hate to miss a great dining experience because of something like that, because if you can't splurge on yourself, who can you splurge on, amirite? I had read a few posts from others who had done this solo, and although I was nervous, I am so glad I did it. This may well have been the least awkward I have ever felt as a solo diner. I brought my kindle, for instance, and there was just no point at which I considered pulling it out. The staff took amazing care of me, and between the incredible food and wine and the gorgeous harp music, the meal flew by. Highly, highly recommend! You can only do the dining room as a single, but they offer the larger degustation there, as well - absolutely the best way to go, that A5 waygu... I would do this again for sure. Go for it, and enjoy!

ETA - just wanted to say, in light of the post below, that I was there for 3.5-4 hours. Agree, you may wish to make sure you have something (kindle, book) to occupy yourself, just in case. I found that there was so much to concentrate on in terms of flavors, music, and (tbh) peoplewatching one or two of the other tables that I didn't need it :).

Last edited:
I have not done it solo but have with a small group. Because it is a long menu and it's going to take at least 3-4 hours you should plan according to your style. Personally, for something that long I need a book or a notepad or something with me to occupy my mind between courses. You may not. Either way - you should do it and enjoy, it's fantastic. Also in case you haven't checked prices in a while its a lot more than $100 now!

Yes I know! That tells you how long ago I was there.
Very happy to hear they don't look down on single diners.

Oh my goodness, yes, I have dined solo at V and A's both in the main dining room and the Queen Victoria Room multiple times and once even had that Queen's room to myself! (It can seat up to 4 tables)

It's an extraordinary evening and I felt I got even more special one on one attention and interaction with both the waiter and the sommelier especially since they could see I was alone, I think, and very engaged and interested in what they had to say.

I had a marvelous time and did the wine pairing every time. They always made me feel special.

I've never done it solo, but I think there's been a solo diner in the QVR each of the last two or three times we went, and we've seen solo diners in the main dining room as we pass through to the QVR. While it's always DH and me together, if I were on my own, I wouldn't hesitate to book V&A myself. I like having the time between courses for the two of us to chat but if I was there as a solo diner, it would be an opportunity to just focus on each of my courses and really savour them, experience the flavours and enjoy my drink.

I dined solo at V&A in February this year. As a background I'm pretty used to solo dining so this wasn't really a huge concern of mine when I made the ADR.

No issues with solo dining, was pretty much the same (good) experience as when I've done it in the other WDW TS restaurants - basically the CMs are great at dealing with solo diners and never make you feel awkward at all.

I did read a lot on my phone during dinner (was there for 4 hours or so) and I'm very glad I had my phone with me!

Has anybody done it?
No one should have to eat there alone. I am glad to go with you. I assume you are paying. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter