The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

My husband thinks we should just go next June no matter what because most of the noise will take place while we're in the parks. Historically, does anyone know how early in the morning/late at night we could expect construction noise?

I wish they'd get some dates up! I wonder how many months it will take since it's not THAT many rooms.
Yeah, that’s what I’m trying to get a feel for is how disruptive it will be.

I’m thinking of a march trip, but may delay until later in the fall.

My husband thinks we should just go next June no matter what because most of the noise will take place while we're in the parks. Historically, does anyone know how early in the morning/late at night we could expect construction noise?

I wish they'd get some dates up! I wonder how many months it will take since it's not THAT many rooms.
I side with your husband on this. Just make sure to bring a white noise maker for during the day, there likely won’t be any construction noise in the early morning or at night.

We already bring at least 2 white noise machines to set on both sides of the bed/room because I can't stand any outside sounds when I'm sleeping. If we go in June, I suspect some of our afternoon time will be spent at the pool so not a ton of room time, maybe, anyway.

We also need to wait and see how our trip next month goes. If it's hell-ish...maybe we'll do a different month next time.

How do I go about doing that? Never contacted the board before.
LOL, the board = DVC management! So you can email via the member website. And here’s Bill Diercksen’s email address - william.c.diercksen@disney.com.

However, be prepared to hear that dates are uncertain or to receive some other non-answer. We recently completed a kitchen reno and didn’t have start date and estimated completion date until the week before, because our contractor insisted on having all materials including the new appliances on hand before he started. Ours was a small update but still had unexpected issues. Fortunately they were resolved easily and didn’t delay completion, I can’t imagine the potential complications and issues in a major refurbishment like VGC will undergo. See BWV refurbishment threads for hints - it certainly didn’t proceed as planned.

I'm probably going to try to book June 2025. But then if people are reporting just awful noise....I may end up cancelling and banking points or something.
I just got back from staying at VGC. I had 4504. It was a park view room on the 4th floor. They also had a grad night going on one of the nights I was there…. I was maybe a little bit worried that the noise would be pretty significant….

Honestly, I really didn’t notice the noise much… I usually fall asleep with the TV on and once I’m out I’m out though… so results may vary. There is only one instance during my trip that I noticed significant noise and it was around noon time when they were playing some loud bass music…. I did hear people screaming on certain rides, but I don’t know, it just really didn’t get to me much…. The grad night was surprisingly not really loud.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter