So much Disney food is terrible

I genuinely don’t know if the texture of school bread is supposed to be stale, but they are the only pastry I actually look forward to outside of the France pavilion.
Totally forgot about the school bread but yeah that and the France bakery are solid options though the line for Les Halles has been nuts lately, at least from my experience. People flock there because pastries elsewhere are crap lol

Cape May is pretty bad too. Definitely not a place to go out of your way for. The best buffet is probably Boma though I didn't love the breakfast. Dinner is solid though. I've heard good things about Tusker House but to be honest if I'm in AK I'm going to Nomad Lounge (which has gone downhill food wise but drinks are still great).

Also agree about the pastries. They're so stale and bland.
Oh yes, Boma! Well worth the cost! I forgot about that one.

Not surprised that Cape May is no good anymore.

Oh yes, Boma! Well worth the cost! I forgot about that one.

Not surprised that Cape May is no good anymore.
Cape May is not bad as breakfast buffets go. I was there two weeks ago and had a pretty tasty omelette from the omelette station. Also IMO their briskets and gravy are passable.

Cape May is pretty bad too. Definitely not a place to go out of your way for. The best buffet is probably Boma though I didn't love the breakfast. Dinner is solid though. I've heard good things about Tusker House but to be honest if I'm in AK I'm going to Nomad Lounge (which has gone downhill food wise but drinks are still great).

Also agree about the pastries. They're so stale and bland.
Totally agree on Boma. Nothing comes close.

Monsieur Paul is a $195 prix fixe. Not going to happen. Flying fish - $50 bucks for scallops. Maybe (maybe) these menu items taste good, but there’s zip for value. We spent $100 at boathouse tonight for good steak and drinks for three.

So, it's not that you don't like the food, you just don't want to spend any money yet decided to vacation at an expensive vacation destination. What's even the purpose of the original post then?

I’m not actually looking for recommendations on value options - although it’s very nice that people are volunteering them. My main complaint/vent is that most of the quick service options I ate were not good. I like Disney, but am getting tired of the crap food options being the norm at quick service.

The Polynesian should improve its quick service options (and I assume if I’m complaining about the poly and WL, many other resorts also have crap quick service).
Most of the quick serves are pretty bland. Now my kids eat things like chicken nuggets, mac and cheese, and mickey waffles so the quick serve is fine for that if we use it even though the prices are higher than the quality of the food. Since we are usually on the DVC side we typically will go grocery shopping at Target when we arrive and buy things we can make for breakfast like oatmeal, bagels, cereal, etc... and occasionally lunch. Its cheaper and quicker.

We do enjoy Bomas for breakfast. They have a ton of food and the prices are reasonable since it is not character dining. If you go to WL again Geyser point is a decent option for lunch/dinner and you can place a mobile order there.

Most of the quick serves are pretty bland. Now my kids eat things like chicken nuggets, mac and cheese, and mickey waffles so the quick serve is fine for that if we use it even though the prices are higher than the quality of the food. Since we are usually on the DVC side we typically will go grocery shopping at Target when we arrive and buy things we can make for breakfast like oatmeal, bagels, cereal, etc... and occasionally lunch. It’s cheaper and quicker.

We do enjoy Bomas for breakfast. They have a ton of food and the prices are reasonable since it is not character dining. If you go to WL again Geyser point is a decent option for lunch/dinner and you can place a mobile order there.
I think groceries might be the key. We’ve eaten at Geyser Point lots - that was our go to when we stayed at WL.

Well, on Thursday I had Seafood Trofie Pasta at Flying Fish and I thought it was delicious! Could have used more pasta, but I was satisfied.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter