Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

So it’ll be on G+ and a VQ at the same time ?
Yes. Apparently that was the decision.

Something has to give with the ILL$ if I understand the current rules correctly. Because if TBA was an ILL$ and VQ, then you would have 3 ILL$ in MK and 2 VQs in MK. Again, if I understand the current WDW rules correctly, a guest cannot book more than one VQ (save for EEH?) at the same time, you have to be in the park for a 1:00 pm VQ, and a guest cannot book more than 2 ILL$ per day.

So, MK becomes a real juggling act for guests and I could see how that these rules complicate things so greatly you will really anger guests who cannot access attractions.

Last edited:
Nah, I’m with you on that, those things are extremely mid. Probably the most overrated thing on property after SAB.
I finally got around to eating them since everyone hypes them up and I was like....dang these are terrible lol

The ones at Jazz Kitchen in Disneyland's Downtown area are significantly better, even despite that place looking like a high school cafeteria now.

What is happening?
Disney fans have a habit of grossly overstating things. SAB is a nice pool. It is not, by any stretch of the imagination, the replacement for a water park that people are constantly saying it is. It also has some pretty significant drawbacks…chair hogs, problematic sight lines for watching kids, lazy river that’s needlessly deep and not very long, having to leave the pool area to get to the slide, etc. I sincerely don’t get the hype on it, having done it three times now.

I always thought the boozy addition for an upcharge in the POFQ beignets was a cool idea at first..then I saw it in person and realized it is truly a cry for help if you are adding booze to your pastry.. and the needle looks like it is doing smack.
We felt it did not help or enhance the flavor (which is the main thing for us) but detracted.

Add me to the list of people who thought SAB was anticipointing. It's a big pool, with some sand in some spots. I think part of why it is So Amazing is that it was the first pool on property to enforce guest-at-the-resort status. Making something exclusive is a great way to make it breathlessly popular.

I always thought the boozy addition for an upcharge in the POFQ beignets was a cool idea at first..then I saw it in person and realized it is truly a cry for help if you are adding booze to your pastry.. and the needle looks like it is doing smack.

Perhaps it is delicious...I don't know.
Two words: Pink Squirrel.

While I never stayed at Beach/Yacht and experienced SAB firsthand the times we go over there for Beaches and Cream at first glance it looks like the place to be.. then my parenting Spidey senses took over and I realized that I would lose my littles ones constantly in that labyrinth..
I am sure the kids LOVE it..but I will stick to the happy mediums of them having a blast AND my wife and I being able to locate them at any given moment (although on my recent trip at the Lava pool I did lose sight of of my son a few times- Frosty Pineapples may be partially to blame here haha, and also my son LOVING to put his entire body in the waterfall.)

So it’ll be on G+ and a VQ at the same time ?
Initially meaning you need to be looking at the world clock at 6:58 am because VQ will be gone by 7:00:01 and genie + will probably already be at the last hour or two of the day if not sold out by that point (and will probably be pushing $40 per person for Magic Kingdom only/hopper)

I wouldn’t be surprised if VQ is just opening/july 4th weekend than is standby by mid month

Disney Vacation Club Announces Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Preview Dates & Details

Disney Vacation Club has announced Member preview opportunities for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure. Here’s the announcement and info:
Be among the first to embark on this enchanting musical adventure at Magic Kingdom® Park. Eligible Disney Vacation Club Members can attend a special sneak peek of Tiana’s Bayou Adventure before it opens at Magic Kingdom® Park in summer 2024.

Event registration opens on Thursday, May 16, 2024 at 10 AM Eastern Time. For access to the registration link, keep an eye on your inbox and the News & Alerts section on DisneyVacationClub.com. Pre-registration is required and space will fill up quickly.

Event Dates & Hours

• Wednesday, June 12, 2024
    • 1 PM to 4 PM Eastern Time
  • Wednesday, June 19, 2024
    • 9 AM to 12 PM Eastern Time
  • Eligibility
    Disney Vacation Club Members who are eligible for Membership Extras benefits. Must hold a qualifying Disney Resort reservation using their Membership. In order to attend, you and the number of guests on your resort reservation as of May 12, 2024 must have a valid theme park admission to Magic Kingdom® Park and a theme park reservation for Magic Kingdom® Park on the day of the preview event (unless otherwise noted on your admission type). Click here to see which admission types require a theme park reservation. Theme park admission is not part of the ownership interest and is sold separately.

Party Size Limit
Members may only make one reservation for themselves and the number of guests on their resort reservation as of May 12, 2024 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time.

Other Important Information
  • Advance preview registration is required for this event and walk-ups will not be accommodated.
  • A valid Disney Vacation Club Digital Membership Card and photo ID are required at event check-in. The Member listed on the Digital Membership Card must be in attendance.
  • Must have the Disney Vacation Club Digital Membership Card downloaded to a mobile device’s wallet to check in for the event.
  • Offering and operating hours are subject to availability, closures and change or cancellation without notice. Entry to the preview is not guaranteed.
  • Attendees younger than 18 years of age must be accompanied by a participating parent or guardian.

Add me to the list of people who thought SAB was anticipointing. It's a big pool, with some sand in some spots. I think part of why it is So Amazing is that it was the first pool on property to enforce guest-at-the-resort status. Making something exclusive is a great way to make it breathlessly popular.

Honestly, if they did that at the Lava Pool at the Poly I think it would significantly cut down on the people soup. Sure there are the magic band sensors but people are constantly piggybacking off actual guests to get in. It's one of the few things I dislike about the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter