🇺🇸**July 2024 Check-In**🇺🇸

So kind of like character dining? I always think I’m paying for the experience and not so much the food.
Kind of, in that it's more the experience than the food. No characters, though.

Pirates is my favorite attraction, so I may be biased. But my whole family considers BB a must-do. Your table location does matter. Ask for a table by the water and let them know you're ok to wait. They usually say it will be 30+ minutes but I've never waited that long.

So kind of like character dining? I always think I’m paying for the experience and not so much the food.

Blue Bayou used to be a great respite from the heat and crowds in a really neat space. Watching the boats float by was cool. On top of that, it was a decent value for the money. Entrees included soup or salad, bread, and the servers would dote on you appropriately for the premium price you were paying over counter service options.

But then even pre-pandemic, they increased prices dramatically and removed the first course inclusion. The meal now feels rushed and vastly overpriced. Servers have so many tables—and trying to turn them so quickly—it’s an impersonal experience. The portions have been cut back even further and the food quality looks and feels like cafeteria pre-prepared food. Objectively, the steaks at TGI Fridays are better. And on top of that they’ve cut back on air conditioning in big dark rides, so that it doesn’t even feel all that cool in there any more.

Sure, go if you’re a huuge Pirates fan or it’s a tradition… but for a first time visitor, especially if you’re someone who has been to the real New Orleans or goes out to eat with any regular frequency… stick to counter service at DL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter