When will I hear from Shoreside Concierge?

butterscotchcollins

Drop Chicken
Our late August reservation is PIF and we are sailing Concierge on the Wish. As of today we’re 137 days out and I’m getting nervous as I haven’t been contacted and obviously my priority is trying to secure a Cabana. Is there a way to reach out to them directly? Also, aside from cabana, any recommendations on what else to book in advance? :) Thanks!

Our late August reservation is PIF and we are sailing Concierge on the Wish. As of today we’re 137 days out and I’m getting nervous as I haven’t been contacted and obviously my priority is trying to secure a Cabana. Is there a way to reach out to them directly? Also, aside from cabana, any recommendations on what else to book in advance? :) Thanks!

If you have princess interested kids or you like princesses, Royal Gathering.

Times we have sailed concierge lately I have received a welcome email about a day or two after booking. Here is a portion of that email. It lists what they can help you with and how to get in touch with them.~

As a benefit to staying in one of our Concierge staterooms, you have the ability to request Cruise Activities and experiences via EMAIL at 130 days from your sailing date.

Browse our exciting offerings by clicking the links below:
· Port Adventures
· Activities at Disney Castaway Cay, including private Cabanas (on select sailings)
Activities at Disney Lookout Cay at Lighthouse Point, including private Cabanas (on select sailings)
• Adult-exclusive dining reservations at Palo, Remy, and Enchanté (Exclusive to Disney Wish and Disney Treasure)
· Senses Spa Appointments and Rainforest Unlimited Pass
· Beverage Tastings
· Virtual Sports/Golf Simulator (Disney Fantasy and Disney Dream)
· Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
· Pirate’s League (on select sailings)
· Royal Court Royal Tea (on select sailings) and Olaf's Royal Picnic (Exclusive to Disney Wish)
· Royal Gathering Character Meet and Greet
· It's A Small World Nursery
· Dining rotation and seating requests
· Special occasions, amenities, and more!
· Transportation to/from your cruise (for transfer options please contact your travel advisor if applicable)

I like to reach out to them by phone to get all the dates/times of various activities (Olaf picnic, beverage tastings, dining rotations, etc) so I can make my plan of what I want to request. You will probably get an email at day 135 telling you to make your requests at 130 days but if you don’t get it, it doesn’t matter. Just sent your requests to DCL.shoreside.concierge.requests@disneycruise.com at exactly midnight 130 days out. I’m sure you’re aware, but cabanas are hard to get on the wish. Even if you don’t get one initially, don’t panic. They will automatically add you to the waitlist so you still have a chance.

Day 132 pre-cruise. Have you heard from them?

I just booked my Concierge sailing for February and just got my welcome email. Which said, I can be vegan making request by email at 130 days.

I have not cruised Concierge in 10 years but if I remember correctly I sent a an email requesting a Cabana and Palo. I heard a short time later via email that I got those requests. I believe I received a phone call from the Concierge Team some time later.

I saved the email in my archives section and will set a reminder to make my request at 130 days.

I am glad you heard from them. Have a fantastic cruise.🚢🚢🚢🚢

I just booked my Concierge sailing for February and just got my welcome email. Which said, I can be vegan making request by email at 130 days.

I have not cruised Concierge in 10 years but if I remember correctly I sent a an email requesting a Cabana and Palo. I heard a short time later via email that I got those requests. I believe I received a phone call from the Concierge Team some time later.

I saved the email in my archives section and will set a reminder to make my request at 130 days.
I don't think you'll get an email confirming your selections. What will happen is that at 123 days out you can go into My Plans on the app or your account online to see what you got. I don't think they call or email anymore.

On my last cruise I got an email from them on July 27 regarding a booking window open Aug 1. That is consistent with previous sailing, sometime in the week prior to the opening of the booking window.

As others have said the booking window opens 130 days prior to sail for concierge guests.

I don't think you'll get an email confirming your selections. What will happen is that at 123 days out you can go into My Plans on the app or your account online to see what you got. I don't think they call or email anymore.
Thanks for that info, its been a long time sailing Concierge.

Technically this is true... but in my experience from the last 3 cruises in the past year, its more a policy thing then a carved in stone technical thing. I have always received one early email that would confirm at least some of the details before the normal window mark, but never all details, and never in particular cabana reservations.

I mention my experience because I found the variability in the 'confirmation' letters confusing, called DCL concierge services to ask why the inconsistency (I got the best confirmation on first cruise after covid), eventually escalated to the boss, and was told the standard was to not share the details but there was no rule against it, and some agents actually did. I was asked the name of the DCL agent that had been so helpful, and got a 'oh yes, Suzie, she is known for going above and beyond. But no we dont require our agents to that, and because there are so many concierge guests we simply can not guarantee it. Most do the minimum required.'

And in case anyone think if they push they will get more, I didnt lol.

Well I jinxed myself by commenting on my past experiences, where I always got a letter with some details prior to the formal booking window. On this cruise (leaving in Sept) I did NOT get a letter with details, but the confirmation letter I received was more explicit in saying consult the App to confirm what activities got booked.

I am sailing with my niece and her family on the wish in October. Our date to submit requests is May 23. They have booked this trip through a travel agent, which I have never done before. As this is our first sailing with concierge, I am not familiar with the process. My question is, is there any advantage to sending more than one email with requests? Or, since we have engaged the travel agent is she the only one able to submit request? It seems to me that chances might increase of securing a cabana if more than one email is sent or is that not something we should do?

I am sailing with my niece and her family on the wish in October. Our date to submit requests is May 23. They have booked this trip through a travel agent, which I have never done before. As this is our first sailing with concierge, I am not familiar with the process. My question is, is there any advantage to sending more than one email with requests? Or, since we have engaged the travel agent is she the only one able to submit request? It seems to me that chances might increase of securing a cabana if more than one email is sent or is that not something we should do?

The process is... a well guarded secret lol. Actually not but nor is it as easy and transparent as one might wish. I understand things were different in the past, but my cruising started post covid (always through a travel agent) and this has been my experience.

1) My travel agency (well known in these parts hint hint) said they could NOT do the bookings for me. Apparently they could in the past, because my actual agent was intially confused on this point, but not these days. I have no clue if other travel agents provide this service, but nope, its been for me to do.

2) You will get an email directly from Disney shoreside concierge services (whatever email address you provided) about 5 days give or take before the 130 day book window that outlines exactly when that window opens and what you can request. Note, they don't actually provide scheduled times for services like all those wonderful tasting sessions, you just tell them which ones you are interested in and what days, and they do the best to accommodate, but if a particular session is not available the day you request, they move it to another day. Make sense??

3) I have no reason to believe more than one letter is helpful. From all accounts they get a pile of emails and attack on a first come first serve basis. Two emails might confuse the matter. The caveat is the line starts promptly 12:00:00 midnight eastern, they disregard anything prior (and I believe them).

3) I cc myself on the e-mail to them so that I know it actually went through and did not get lost.

4) and because I am just that over wound, I pre-prepare the email, have it sitting waiting to send, and sit there on my computer watching time.gov on my browser. This is tied to the atomic time clock and gives the precise time down to the second. at 12:00:02 I hit send. and then check my inbox for the cc and validate the time stamp is 12:00, not 11:59. Then go to sleep. This can likely be automated. Note to self check email automation utlility.

5) Then you wait, and on the open booking window depending on your castaway status, check the app for 'my plans' to see what the magic fairies put into your account. I am only silver (gold on next cruise) but I have gotten a cabana 5 times out of 5 now using this strategy, the dream, the wish, and the magic, as well as everything I asked for, though as mentioned earlier some of the times get shuffled about. But I also have found that on the actual open booking window day very little besides the cabanas have fully booked so I can rearrange my tasting and spa schedule easily as I see fit to fine tune my plan. I did mention on the planning spectrum I tend to be very very detailed?

6) so how close to midnight do you need to be? dont know, have no clue how many use the atomic time clock for example, but once I actually fell asleep on the switch! at 12:15 I work up, swore, hit send then held my breath. Still got a cabana but not THE cabana I always request and have gotten at 12:00:02 (from research, I am team cabana 23 lol).

7) so again, to answer your actual question, one email is all I ever do. dont want to confuse them. first come first served. I trust the system. I do cc myself to make sure it went through.

hope this helps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter