The I Love BWV (yes, Hallways and Clown Pool too!) Thread

Really? We never went into Big River Grille & Brewing, but it seemed pretty big. There are some small QS options -- Roaring Fork at WL comes to mind. Is it really not even that big?

A QS option would be amazing! It would eliminate one of the very very few drawbacks to staying at BWV.
There is limited inside seating at Big River. But places like Casey's at MK have little seating and it is still popular. We can hope. 🤞

We (1BR, family, the "kids" share the Murphy/pull out) are starting to think about where we should book for our trip next summer. We have never stayed at RIV. I know I am asking a biased group of people this, but can someone try to sell us on staying at RIV over BWV? Now that the "kids" are a little older and more independent, we would like to do it, but we cannot mentally justify it and are looking for some help. If we enjoy walking and are "eat whatever is convenient in the moment" people (meaning, the opposite of "foodies"), are there any real advantages to staying at RIV?

Things that come to mind:

- "Newer" (is it really, though, post-refurb?)
- More floor space in a 1BR
- No shared buses (that mid-day Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk drop-off can be brutal)
- More elevators (?) (We've honestly never waited more than a couple of minutes for one at BWV...)
- ....Is that it?

Having stayed there on several trips post-pandemic, we know all too well the advantages to staying at BWV. Resist your natural urge and sell us on a different spot!

Transportation to DHS & EPCOT from Riv is by Skyliner. Skyliner does not operate during summer storms if lightning is in the area, and you may not know it has suspended service until you arrive at the boarding location. (You will have to take a bus). For that reason, I would pick BWV for summer vacations.

Transportation to DHS & EPCOT from Riv is by Skyliner. Skyliner does not operate during summer storms if lightning is in the area, and you may not know it has suspended service until you arrive at the boarding location. (You will have to take a bus). For that reason, I would pick BWV for summer vacations.

Agree.

But if I wanted to stay at RIV, what would be my rational reasoning???

Agree.

But if I wanted to stay at RIV, what would be my rational reasoning???
I mean I'm team BWV all day! BUT if you want some potentially good reasons...

- Food options! The restaurants at the Riveria resort are awesome. On a non-stormy day you can take the Skyliner over the CBR and eat at Sebastian's as well, which is pretty underrated.
- Newness factor. The mosaics there are beautiful, there's a little lounge room with mementos from Walt Disney's European travels, etc).
- Pools seem to be more centrally located than some of the other resorts

It might!

I found it amusing to ask a BWV fan thread how to rationalize staying at RIV instead of BWV and couldn’t resist a cheeky line.

I know...and believe me, we prefer BWV to anything. "Variety is the spice of life," though! We feel like we don't know what we don't know!

If I asked this same question on the RIV page, it would have come off rude - like "give me a reason why I should stay at your place." At least here I'm asking "give me a reason I SHOULDN'T stay at your place." A little less offensive...lol...

One day, we went to our room to take a nap and they kept beating on the door. DH yelled for them to come back later. Then a few minutes later, they were calling on the phone. He told them we were sleeping and to come back at 5:30. Then the very next morning, we were at the park and they were calling my cell phone wanting to know if they could come do a room inspection. I told her they were just there the previous night, but to go ahead.

Housekeeping is required to enter every room every day. This is at all resorts. It started after the shooting in Las Vegas several years ago. Even with the occupied sign, they still have to enter.

Disneylover81
I 100% agree that naps (whether adults or children) are IMPORTANT on vacations. Next time maybe phone housekeeping and request a specific time when not napping (or showering because we were in the shower and naked once when they tried to enter!). Or leave a note on the door that you are "sleeping"/"showering" and a time when they can return. It is a pain, I agree....but it's the times we live in.

In past years, we phone housekeeping and say between 10 am and 1 pm or 5 to 6 pm would be good times to inspect our room. I also ALWAYS take the phone off the hook if we don't want to be disturbed or woken up and that includes day of check-out (because they love to get you out by 8-9 am). So yes...Housekeeping does have to come in your room but you can request times when you will not be disturbed. Some times we arrive to our room and there is no "do not disturb". We always pack our own for this reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter