The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

@bama_ed Good thing one of us has a green thumb. I am happy if I can keep the lawn green much less plants or food.

@4077 I like the fire pit area. Way fancier then my 36" ring in an area that doesn't like to grow grass well.

We are still in Grad party prep. 7 yards of mulch has been spread throughout the property. I can tell you that a 7 yard pile feels like the never ending story of mulch. I think this every year as I am surprised just how many trips with the dump cart and wheel barrow there are.

We figured out the puzzle hanging. We picked up some foam backing board that is strong and light weight to fit the puzzle to. Plan to start sharing pictures once we get past the planning and design phases, probably in its own thread.

RV wise I have another mod I plan to make. With the plan to use the RV as extra guest space and changes at the track with 50A power availability getting scarce I been looking into a pair of soft starts for the RV AC. This would be nice since I only have a 30A hookup at the house for the RV. I had been reading up on them for a bit and found that Microair and Soft Start RV is of course the 100x recommended brands. Yet they are 300+ EACH and while I like a good product, I also know that soft starts are not that expensive to make. There are many other options out there from Spartan (AU based company), even Coleman makes their own kit and those are about 180 each. I was about to buy the Coleman kit when a friend told me about Polar Start, for 99 each and his testing showed it worked I figured why not. So this or next weekend I plan to add some soft starts to the AC units and capture before and after in rush and steady state draw. Definitely update you all on that.

Not much plans for camping this season outside the race track and DisMeet. I am sure we will find/pick a place to two to go visit, just got lots of other plans to get through first.

Getting the rig ready for Memorial Day. Unfortunately Mickey's Kansas cousins found their way into the basement of the trailer. No damage that I can find, but just frustrating to clean up all the mess.

And mice bring something else...nope ropes...I was pulling the propane tanks out and boom, there was a relatively small rat snake. While I was working through getting the tank out of the way and a kid getting a garden tool, Jake just climbed up the wall of the compartment and disappeared into the ether 😦.

We banged on the side of the trailer, blew air around, stared at it, etc. No snake. I went ahead and finished cleaning up and prepping for the trip hoping he'd come out. Nothing. Options racing through my head...

giphy-downsized.gif

It will be fun to be hesitant to reach into compartments for the foreseeable future.

Unfortunately Mickey's Kansas cousins found their way into the basement of the trailer. No damage that I can find, but just frustrating to clean up all the mess.

Oh yeah… I wasn’t sure if mine was in or out after I cleaned up and closed hole. So, left a trap… the mouse is definitely out now…

Fortunately none of those “Why did it have to be….” types….

Jimmy,

You added the Harrison Ford/Indiana Jones clip.

Funny story (This is the Chit Chat Thread right?).

Our 3 kids were young and we were at Disney Studios (20 yrs+ ago) and walked into the Indiana Jones Adventure show arena pretty early. Per the show shtick, they ask for volunteers pre-show to be extras on the set and I was selected and left immediately to be cast/dressed backstage.

The kids were THRILLED I was selected and gossiped in the stands (I was told) about what my role might be. When the show opened and the Indy/Actor dropped down from the rope onto the slope where the Idol and the Boulder would be, the kids were sure that was ME ON THAT ROPE (I admit I didn't do much to discourage that idea). :rolleyes:

After the show was over and I rejoined my ADORING family, I did little to dispel their idea of my role, I admit. Didn't want to admit I was just a person in the marketplace shouting as the plane explosions took place behind us.

But I do have an Indy Hat in the closet for when the kids come here.

giphy.gif

And I admit the hat don't look bad on me. :scratchin

giphy.gif

Every dad wants to be a hero to their kids. 😍

Ed

PS - we Dads need to keep a little mystique in our hip pocket, right?

Last edited:
Jimmy,

You added the Harrison Ford/Indiana Jones clip.

Funny story (This is the Chit Chat Thread right?).

Our 3 kids were young and we were at Disney Studios (20 yrs+ ago) and walked into the Indiana Jones Adventure show arena pretty early. Per the show shtick, they ask for volunteers pre-show to be extras on the set and I was selected and left immediately to be cast/dressed backstage.

The kids were THRILLED I was selected and gossiped in the stands (I was told) about what my role might be. When the show opened and the Indy/Actor dropped down from the rope onto the slope where the Idol and the Boulder would be, the kids were sure that was ME ON THAT ROPE (I admit I didn't do much to discourage that idea). :rolleyes:

After the show was over and I rejoined my ADORING family, I did little to dispel their idea of my role, I admit. Didn't want to admit I was just a person in the marketplace shouting as the plane explosions took place behind us.

But I do have an Indy Hat in the closet for when the kids come here.

giphy.gif

And I admit the hat don't look bad on me. :scratchin

giphy.gif

Every dad wants to be a hero to their kids. 😍

Ed

PS - we Dads need to keep a little mystique in our pocket, right?

That is a GREAT story and memory.... glad we had opportunities to make such memories when the parks were "good"... 😊

DS3 was chosen back in 07, market extra, what a great memory back when they had "violence" now no "punching" "shooting" "propeller decapitation" boring, we pass now

Booked a 3 night stay at Fort (loop 700 request) for after we drop off our older son at school in Melbourne mid-August.. after all these years being on here, only my second stay at the Fort (as an adult with my own camper... many many visits while on property)...and then my third (Nov DIS) will be in the same year as the second...lol... I'm outta control 😉😁

@team bradfield I might have to look into that for all the auto washing. Whoever added the water softener to this house it covers all the water spigots too. Though even then its kind of hard water, maybe system like this would be nice. Is it double resin charged filters or one particulate and resin filled de-ionizer (similar to water softener) cartridge or just two resin cartridges??

@team bradfield I might have to look into that for all the auto washing. Whoever added the water softener to this house it covers all the water spigots too. Though even then its kind of hard water, maybe system like this would be nice. Is it double resin charged filters or one particulate and resin filled de-ionizer (similar to water softener) cartridge or just two resin cartridges??
all info is here (scroll down for the bundled purchase with extra canister):

https://www.amazon.com/Waterdrop-Sp...gwUqQ-Ucqb2krfHmq12wIfK8obhoCAV0QAvD_BwE&th=1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter