Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I like Southwest because there are no cancellation fees, no luggage fee unless you have more than two bags, and most important, you can get a lower price if the costs drop. We had a flight on United last month. The airfare dropped by $127 per person but we were not able to take advantage of the lower price. That never happens at SW.

FYI, you can change your flight and get the credit for United like you can on Southwest. Unless you booked basic which doesn’t include carryons or seat assignment either. Only thing is the credit expires in a year like Southwest used to.

Has anyone tried to check in for their flight using multiple phones with the SW app signed in with the same account? I'm thinking 7am virtual queue style but with Southwest 😅.

I tried this once a few years ago and ran into issues, not sure if it was the same account being logged in to multiple devices and trying to check in at once or something else, but was wonder if we should try again.

Has anyone tried to check in for their flight using multiple phones with the SW app signed in with the same account? I'm thinking 7am virtual queue style but with Southwest 😅.

I tried this once a few years ago and ran into issues, not sure if it was the same account being logged in to multiple devices and trying to check in at once or something else, but was wonder if we should try again.
I've done this where I've had Hubby and myself both trying to check in at the same time and haven't had problems. We don't bother signing in to the account, though. I just have the confirm number and first/last name of a traveler loaded into the screen.

I will say, SW is not right at the Time.Gov time like Disney is. If you hit it right at the second that your flight hits 24 hours on time.gov, you'll get the "not yet" error.

*Edit* App glitched the other flights are listed again.

Just checked my price on the flight I have booked for September and noticed over half of the flights for that week are gone. I check every day to see if my price goes down and they were there yesterday. I have never seen that happen so far out before.

Last edited:
*Edit* App glitched the other flights are listed again.

Just checked my price on the flight I have booked for September and noticed over half of the flights for that week are gone. I check every day to see if my price goes down and they were there yesterday. I have never seen that happen so far out before.
I would keep checking. Likely a glitch and they will soon re-appear.

Does anyone have experience with "Same-Day Change" (not standby) with A-List preferred plus Companion? I am thinking the companion will be a sticking point since it's considered non-revenue. I guess I can call at midnight, but was hoping someone else has experience they can share.

I need to talk this out and get advice . . .We have flights booked for Labor Day weekend (Thurs-Mon) and SWA has not had our normal daily nonstop flights on our travel days since release date. Well today, they added nonstop flights on Thursday departing MEM at 8:35 am, which is a great time - if DH can get the whole day off work - still to be determined. We are currently booked on the 3:45 pm flight with a 1 hour layover in DAL that arrives at MCO at 10:00 pm, which is also not ideal. Then on Labor Day Monday, the new nonstop departs MCO at 6:40 am, which is so so early and not ideal at all. Also, with that departure time, it almost makes sense to just stay at the Hyatt MCO and save our DVC points, since we wouldn't be staying a whole night. I prefer nonstops, but leaving that early just doesn't seem worth changing from our current 5:25 pm flight with a 40 min layover in ATL and lands in MEM at 8:00 pm. But on the other hand, I also know that this is hurricane season and it's possible we have a delay at MCO, which may not delay the ATL leg and we get stranded and we have to be back at work Tuesday so this is a risk. We are booked on RR points, and DH is my free companion so I want to stick with SWA, if possible. We have never flown Spirit, but I have checked their times also. They are okay, but the prices are not as cheap as I'd like if we did give them a try. What would you do?

I need to talk this out and get advice . . .We have flights booked for Labor Day weekend (Thurs-Mon) and SWA has not had our normal daily nonstop flights on our travel days since release date. Well today, they added nonstop flights on Thursday departing MEM at 8:35 am, which is a great time - if DH can get the whole day off work - still to be determined. We are currently booked on the 3:45 pm flight with a 1 hour layover in DAL that arrives at MCO at 10:00 pm, which is also not ideal. Then on Labor Day Monday, the new nonstop departs MCO at 6:40 am, which is so so early and not ideal at all. Also, with that departure time, it almost makes sense to just stay at the Hyatt MCO and save our DVC points, since we wouldn't be staying a whole night. I prefer nonstops, but leaving that early just doesn't seem worth changing from our current 5:25 pm flight with a 40 min layover in ATL and lands in MEM at 8:00 pm. But on the other hand, I also know that this is hurricane season and it's possible we have a delay at MCO, which may not delay the ATL leg and we get stranded and we have to be back at work Tuesday so this is a risk. We are booked on RR points, and DH is my free companion so I want to stick with SWA, if possible. We have never flown Spirit, but I have checked their times also. They are okay, but the prices are not as cheap as I'd like if we did give them a try. What would you do?

Here's my understanding of what you are comparing:

Current reservation
5/23/24 depart Memphis 3:45 pm, layover, arrive MCO 10:00 pm
Final night: points reservation at Disney
5/27/24 depart MCO 5:25 pm, layover, arrive Memphis 8:00 pm

Proposed reservation
5/23/24 depart Memphis 8:35 am, arrive MCO ________
Final night: cash reservation at Hyatt
5/27/24 depart MCO 6:40 am, arrive Memphis _______

I would take the proposed flight down (nonstop at 8:35 a.m.), and keep the current reservation going back (5:25 pm departure with a layover). Switching hotels is a hassle, and you would have to pay cash for the Hyatt.

Southwest changed flights for our arrival day and put me on a new flight. I paid with points. It is less points for the flight I am now on. Southwest is not refunding me the difference. Is that standard practice? Seems they should still give the points back if the flight price went down, hence less points.

Southwest changed flights for our arrival day and put me on a new flight. I paid with points. It is less points for the flight I am now on. Southwest is not refunding me the difference. Is that standard practice? Seems they should still give the points back if the flight price went down, hence less points.
Are there still seats available at the lower price? If so, just use the "change" option for your flight, but change it to the same flight. You will be re-booking the same flight for a better price, and the difference will be refunded.

If there are not any seats at the lower price, then I would contact Customer Service and state your case for a refund of the difference.

Are there still seats available at the lower price? If so, just use the "change" option for your flight, but change it to the same flight. You will be re-booking the same flight for a better price, and the difference will be refunded.

If there are not any seats at the lower price, then I would contact Customer Service and state your case for a refund of the difference.
It will not let me change and see points, but instead only choose any flight I want since the one we were originally on no longer exists.

It will not let me change and see points, but instead only choose any flight I want since the one we were originally on no longer exists.
What I would do that I think would work: Try choosing a different one, then make a change back to the one you want. But first do a check to double check the price is still cheaper!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter