Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

I HAVE QUESTIONS!!

@lurkyloo Carrie, is this a "standard" mini-cake, or what should I ask for to get a two-layer mini-cake?

Am I correct in understanding that anything/everything ordered for delivery from the GF bakery starts at $100 (plus tax), even if it's a mini-cake delivered next door to the Poly?

We are staying at the Poly but have a dinner reservation at the Contemporary. Would I be better off ordering the cake at the Contemporary? They seem more affordable and easier to work with than the GF.

What's the churro cake flavor like? Is it a yellow cake with cinnamon swirl, or a cinnamon-flavor (and is it good, or "artificial" tasting), or what?

Finally... does anyone know if the fridge in the regular rooms at the Poly (2Q/sofa bed, water view) will hold a 6" cake?

I HAVE QUESTIONS!!

@lurkyloo Carrie, is this a "standard" mini-cake, or what should I ask for to get a two-layer mini-cake?

Am I correct in understanding that anything/everything ordered for delivery from the GF bakery starts at $100 (plus tax), even if it's a mini-cake delivered next door to the Poly?

We are staying at the Poly but have a dinner reservation at the Contemporary. Would I be better off ordering the cake at the Contemporary? They seem more affordable and easier to work with than the GF.

What's the churro cake flavor like? Is it a yellow cake with cinnamon swirl, or a cinnamon-flavor (and is it good, or "artificial" tasting), or what?

Finally... does anyone know if the fridge in the regular rooms at the Poly (2Q/sofa bed, water view) will hold a 6" cake?
Are you staying in the Moana rooms or the DVC studio (has 2 baths and kitchenette)? In the past we’ve had our cake leftovers stores at Bell Services at AKL (we boxed the topper from our cake which was our wedding photo printed in the HM frame for $50) on check out day.

Ohana gave us a hard time in the past to get to go boxes for our cake (because it’s a buffet?) but they do now offer the to go boxes readily.

I don’t believe they will deliver to the Contemporary as it has its own bakery (our 6 inch cake with a printed picture in the front and fondant was $100+20 ($20 tip as part of dinner bill) post pandemic at Contemporary and the GF cake delivered to our AOA room was underwhelming but I believe the CM (new team vs pre pandemic) are better trained now. See more info on page 197 of this thread cake from the contemporary STK71 (and they made it nut free; DD reacted to the cake from GF):

B00EB6B7-2E1A-45E9-9858-0B5497E868CD.jpeg

I still believe the GF fondant tastes better but the cake flavor was comparable. Daisy Cakes Orlando cake (former CM, minimum $150 but was elaborate HM cake with portraits and plenty of buttercream under toffee like fondant) tasted better than any GF/Contemporary cake (pumpkin cake) but we had to keep it at our table and then take it out of the box ourselves etc.

If you want a cake from the GF maybe have it delivered at Ohana? It would be easier to go back to your room and store leftovers (there will be plenty when you have a TS even if there are 5 of you). Plus you can’t light candles in your room and cutting the cake can get messy.

Moana rooms have a beverage cooler

DVC rooms might have a fridge and freezer (I posted additional photos from a blog a few posts back) and if you remove the middle shelf you can probably store a 6 inch cake in a box (we did at AOA last year).

51EE3520-2535-4994-8219-CEE056C5DAEA.png

Last edited:
I HAVE QUESTIONS!!

Also the mini cakes are about $55 (used to be $35 pre pandemic). We have never ordered them.

https://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/order-cake/

A30299A8-6833-43C2-B3D2-DFF71C2FAEF7.jpeg
There were cupcake sized Moana mini cakes at Captain Cooks in 2022

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2022...-new-moana-cake-in-disney-world-we-found-out/

Carrie, is this a "standard" mini-cake, or what should I ask for to get a two-layer mini-cake?

I would ask for a "two-tier minicake"—just know that the GF pastry team has been reluctant to do these lately. Even couples who had Disney weddings are being told they have to order a full 6-inch cake if they want to replicate their wedding cake.

Yup!

Definitely! They're just a little harder to get ahold of now that they've discontinued their cake line. Call the main number for the Contemporary and ask to be transferred to Private Dining.

It's cinnamon cake, kind of like a cinnamon muffin or the soft part of a churro. Ask for it with the Churro Crunch Mousse and it's AMAZING! I don't usually like cinnamon stuff, but the churro cake is one of my faves!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter