No kids trip - which park to start??

beachteachlv

Mouseketeer
Hubby and I are doing a much needed adults only DL trip in a few weeks. No grad nite when we were there. One day park hoppers.

Which park to start? Priorities are yummy breakfast and knocking out some major rides first thing. We will rope drop and have Genie+.

Would love to not pay for ILL for both RSR and Rise. Which one is best to rope drop? I’m leaning towards Rise but we’ve never ridden it so I’m not entirely sure.

So, please help! We need breakfast and the best place to start.

The problem with Rise/ROTR is that it isn't always working during the rope drop hours (it wasn't on 1 of the 2 days that I was there for early entry and didn't come online until an hour or so later, so after rope drop!)

With that in mind, I would suggest DCA for rope drop for radiator springs racers and then Flo's 8 Cafe in Carsland.

Flo’s used to be one of our favorite breakfast spots but it doesn’t serve breakfast anymore, does it? It opens pretty early but I think it’s just a lunch/dinner menu.

I'd go to Disneyland first because it has great breakfast options. You could get an ADR for Carnation cafe, River Belle Terrace or Minnie's breakfast at Plaza Inn, or go to one of the CS breakfast spots like Jolly Holiday (My favorite.)

You could also have breakfast in DTD if you don't want breakfast to decide your morning park. You could eat at Craftsman Grill in GCH or Tangoroa Terrace at DLH.

I always love Disneyland first because it's so pretty in the morning and the crowds will be better. Also, I just can't wait to get inside!

I think RSR and Rise are both iffy in the morning, so maybe don't plan around those. Also, for a 1 day trip I would consider just paying for the ILLs if needed. It will save you time.

Have a wonderful trip!

Always go with Disneyland first. No better way to start a trip than when you walk out from under the train tunnel and see Main Street. Carnation Cafe is a great spot for breakfast. Wife and I did a parent's day last trip while the teens went off to ride rides. We had a breakfast sandwich from Red Rose Tavern and sat on the outdoor seating right above where Dumbo is. Was a nice place to take it all in. I'd also recommend Jolly Holiday for the same reason. Get your food and sit out on the patio area overlooking the Castle.

Totally forgot this option!! So maybe we should start in DL and grab RSR on ILL only if we don’t want to do single rider.
I would! We like to start at Disneyland. ☺️

Not sure if you want quick breakfast or sit down, but we really like the breakfast chimichanga at ship to shore marketplace by BTMR. Yummy and portable! Lol.

Last edited:
Love the galactic grill American burrito! We dream about that burrito! We usually single ride anything that has single rider because we spend the rest of the time together and figure we can be apart on some things. It really saves us a lot of time. We usually start at Disneyland but if you rope drop either way you’ll get a lot done.

Love the galactic grill American burrito! We dream about that burrito! We usually single ride anything that has single rider because we spend the rest of the time together and figure we can be apart on some things. It really saves us a lot of time. We usually start at Disneyland but if you rope drop either way you’ll get a lot done.
That burrito is on my list!!

Yum!! I’ll have to remember that on our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter