My Disneyland dining reviews, with pictures

Last time I was there they had an apple pie seasonal sundae, it was really good!
Thank you! Maybe we will order it tomorrow night during dinner. Tonight we went to Lamplight Lounge for dinner and had their seasonal s'mores donuts- what fun!

I forgot to take pictures of some food items because I was hungry lol
- BIRRIA Pizza @Boardwalk in DCA: This was delicious. It's the same beef that is served @Cucina Cucamonga. The radish adds a nice crunch. The crust is thick which soaks up the broth.
Birria Tacos @Cucina Cucamonga attached photo.

Dessert party plate:
20240428_153837.jpg20240428_155000.jpg
mocktail

Attachments

• 20240428_152548.jpg
    20240428_152548.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 21
First time eating at Award Wieners

Meatball Sandwich - Surprisingly good. Very filling. Three large meatballs, two mozzarella sticks, fresh bread.

1714964511742.png

Asada Fries - This seemed to be a very popular item, but it wasn't my favorite.

1714964714074.png

PB&J Sweet Potato Fries - Bought on a whim. I liked them, my spouse did not. I think the potato chips are supposed to be Mickey ears.

1714965810098.png

I am a mostly vegetarian eater, and my go-to for a quick and healthy lunch / dinner is the Ronto-less Garden Wrap ($13.99) at Ronto Roaster's in Galaxy's Edge. Even my carnivore husband loves these. Really tasty and nicely spiced. Disney's menu description: "Plant-based Sausage, spicy Kimchi Slaw, sweet Pickled Cucumber, Plant-based Gochujang Spread, wrapped in Pita."

Attachments

• IMG_9492.jpg
    IMG_9492.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 18
The best vegan entree in Disneyland is the Felucian Kefta and Hummus Garden Spread (around $13, with Impossible™ Meatballs, Herb Hummus, Tomato-Cucumber Relish, Pita) in Galaxy's Edge at Docking Bay 7. It's SOOOOO good, and the ingredients really work well together. Hands down my favorite dish in the California parks.

Attachments

• IMG_9493(1).jpg
    IMG_9493(1).jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 18
Figment's Adventure with Pixar Fest
Figment and his family decided to visit Disneyland and check out Pixar Fest and Season of the Force (two for one!). There were lots of decorations and entertainment to see, including fireworks from Batuu! (If you're a Star Wars fan - or just want to watch fireworks from somewhere different - I highly recommend Batuu. It's amazing how the same show can be 'reimagined' with a different sound track!)

Centrico
Figment's family liked Centrico so much, they decided to have a second dinner there!

Guacamole - fresh Creamy Avocado, Pico de Gallo, Queso Fresco, Tortilla Chip. The guacamole had good flavor and went well with everything. (I think because Centrico was still in its soft-opening phase, they were working out the kinks. Normally, I would expect the guacamole to come out first, but it was brought with the entrees.)
IMG_0867.jpg

Fish Tacos - Fresh Corn Tortillas, Mahi Mahi, light Tempura crisp, creamy Coleslaw, Chipotle Aïoli. These were really good. The battered fish was very crispy and light (not oily or heavy) and the slaw added a bit of a crunch.
IMG_0865.jpg

Cochinita Pibil Tacos - Fresh Corn Tortillas, Guerrero-Style Pork Shank, Black Bean Purée, Pickled Red Onion, Habanero Salsa. The pork had good flavor, but these were very wet so they were a bit messy to eat.
IMG_0866.jpg

Gobernador Quesadilla - fresh Corn Tortilla, Shrimp, Pico de Gallo, Guacamole, Oaxacan Cheese. This was really good. It wasn't as cheese-heavy as the quesapastor.
IMG_0868.jpg

(Side note: the three sauces that we tried - Habanero Salsa, Chile de Arbol Salsa, and Salsa Roja - ranged from spicy to yikes. So definitely try a little before pouring a bunch on your food!)

Attachments

• IMG_0869.jpg
    IMG_0869.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0893.jpg
    IMG_0893.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0884.jpg
    IMG_0884.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0883.jpg
    IMG_0883.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0873.jpg
    IMG_0873.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0871.jpg
    IMG_0871.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 10
Figment's Adventure with Pixar Fest, continued...

Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe

An old favorite of Figment's! He tried a range of the seasonal treats plus several of the regular items.

Jolly Holiday Combo (Toasted Cheese and Tomato Basil Soup) - Melted White Cheddar and Cheddar Cheese on Toasted Sourdough Bread with a cup of tomato basil soup. Still Figment's favorite late night (or anytime) snack/meal.
IMG_0871.jpg

Silenzio Bruno!" Sandwich - Chopped Ham, Salami, Pepperoni, Provolone, Lettuce, Tomato, Pickled Onion and Pepperoncini with Italian Dressing, served in an Italian Roll with House-made Chips. This sandwich had a slight bite, but good flavor.
IMG_0873.jpg

Sea Monster Friends Parfait - Layers of Graham Cracker Crumbs, Mascarpone Cheesecake, Berry Blue Gelatin, and Blue Chantilly topped with a Luca Chocolate Decoration. Figment's family was split on this dessert. It was pretty cheesecake-y, which could be a positive or a negative depending on the family member. The berry gelatin was a bit weird (texture wise with the cheesecake). Overall, it was an interesting dessert, but not something Figment would order again.
IMG_0883.jpg

Cherry-Vanilla Macaron - Cherry Buttercream and Vanilla Bean Crème sandwiched between White Macaron Shells, decorated with Gold Edible Glitter and Chocolate Flakes. This was a rare item that bordered on to sweet for Figment's family. It had some cherry flavor, but mostly it just tasted like sugar.
Strawberry Stuffed Croissant - Strawberries, Pastry Cream, Strawberry Coulis and Powdered Sugar. This was really good. It had sliced strawberries and pastry cream. It makes a great late night snack or a breakfast!
IMG_0884.jpg

S'Mores Tart - Graham Cracker Shell filled with Dulce de Leche, Chocolate Sponge, and Chocolate Ganache, topped with a Toasted Marshmallow. So rich, but very yummy! It had a tart shell filled with a thick chocolate cream, topped with a marshmallow square.
IMG_0893.jpg

Banoffee Pie - Graham Cracker Shell filled with Dulce de Leche, Banana Diplomat Cream and fresh Bananas, topped with Vanilla Bean Chantilly and Toffee Bits. It had lots of bannanas on top of a cream layer. It was a little like eating a banana pie. Figment's family members that like bananas really liked this one.
Lemon Meringue Eclair - Filled with Lemon Chiffon, topped with a Ribbon of Toasted Meringue and a White Daisy Chocolate Decoration. Figment likes eclairs and Figment likes lemon desserts, so this was a great combo. The lemon filling was nice and tart with just a hint of sweetness.
IMG_0869.jpg

Egg Bacon Croissant - flaky Croissant filled with Egg, Bacon, Cheese, and Hollandaise Sauce. Figment likes this breakfast croissant (it goes especially well with the Chimney Sweep Cold Brew!).
IMG_0870.jpg

Refreshment Port
Located next to Jolly Holiday, Figment's family will often get things from both location after fireworks for a late night snack. It's a good way to let the fireworks crowds thin out and then refuel before walking back to the hotel.

BBQ Potato Dog - Smoked Sausage, BBQ Pulled Pork, Coleslaw, Fried Onions and Green Onions, served in a Baked Potato. This was essentially a baked potato with a whole sausage and pulled pork on top. It was messy, but pretty good. It cannot be eaten like a hot dog :-)-))...it needs a fork and knife. It was also very filling.
IMG_0872.jpg

Figment's Adventure with Pixar Fest, continued...
Award Weiner

This was a good spot to have a mid-afternoon snack after watching the Muppets. Figment got the added bonus of watching the Pixar parade go by (or at least the top half of the floats).

Peaches & Cream Funnel Cake Fries - Dusted with Cinnamon Sugar, with Whipped Topping and Peach Glaze Drizzle.
Figment loves the funnel cake fries! These were pretty good with lots of peaches and sauce (the peaches were like a peach pie filling). They're kind of messy (i.e., sticky) to eat with fingers so either have lots of napkins handy or use a fork.
IMG_0875.jpg

Asada Fries - Filmstrip Fries topped with Marinated Carne Asada, Cheddar Cheese, Cilantro and Onions, with Salsa de Arbol and Guacamole. These are one of Figment's favorite things to have at Award Weiners. Lots of flavor (with a little bit of a bite from the green sauce).
IMG_0876.jpg

Cafe Orleans
Having lunch at Cafe Orleans is a tradition for Figment's family. We ask for a rail table so that we can watch the happenings in New Orleans Square while eating.

Bayou Punch - Minute Maid Lemonade, Bulk Bayou Punch Puree (Monin Blueberry Syrup, Orange Juice, Monin Strawberry Puree), and an Alligator-shaped Gummy. This was a new drink and Figment wanted to give it a try. It had a whole gummy alligator on top! The drink itself was tasty and not to sweet.
IMG_0881.jpg

Gumbo & Mint Julep - Tasso Ham, Andouille Sausage, Peppers, Tomatoes and Steamed Rice. A classic combo at Cafe Orleans and one of Figment's favorite menu items. Both are always yummy!
IMG_0882.jpg

Beef Bourguignon - Mashed Potatoes, Garden Vegetables and a Truffle-Red Wine Ju. A classic at Cafe Orleans with lots of flavor and tender meat.
IMG_0879.jpg

Pasta Jambalaya - Andouille Sausage, Chicken and Peppers in a Creole Sauce. This was something new and it was okay. The dish had a slight bite (nothing like the Seafood Boil from last year), but probabaly could have used a bit more spices and/or sauce because of the pasta. The chicken was fine (a bit dry), but had good flavor when eaten alone.
IMG_0880.jpg

Earth Pass Cake - Lemon Cream Cheese Mousse with Mango-Passion Fruit Compote and Brittany Dough Base, with White Chocolate covered Popping Candies, on a Blue and Green Vanilla Sauce with a Chocolate Decoration. It was a cool looking dessert. The cheesecake itself was pretty light and the cake base was moist.
IMG_0878.jpg

Figment, I LOVE your pictures and it's so good to see you back & active on this thread!! Thank you for sharing with us!!

On a somewhat related note, has anyone tried to recreate non-alcoholic drinks from Disneyland? I loved the following drinks during our recent trips, and I'm wondering if I can find items at the grocery store to make these at home:

Ronto Roasters seasonal Pasaana Punch: Orange Juice, White Grape Juice, Red Passion Fruit and Hibiscus
Trader Sam's Polynesian Punch: Sam's Gorilla Grog and Hibiscus Grenadine

First, what the heck is Gorilla Grog, and how do I buy these items at the store? Maybe some items are speciality mixers that you'd find at BevMo?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter