Island Tower at Polynesian Villas & Bungalows

Also wondering how many fixed weeks are the allowed to sell?
They're allowed to sell up to 35% of a given villa booking category (e.g., Lake View Studio at original PVB) per week (e.g. week 50).

So one reason they don't sell FW for RIV Tower Studios is because there are so few of them. 35% of 8 Tower Studios = 2.8, so they could sell 2 of the 8 for each week. That would leave only 6 for regular points reservations that week.

Thanks for doing the chart - but I would look at the Villas at Disneyland Hotel and see the points spread between the Deluxe Studio and Duo Studio. Most likely the spread would be similar.

I don't know when we will see the actual points chart, but here is a pdf chart I put together with my predictions...

Edit - If you save this pdf, please do not confuse it with an actual DVC points chart, as it looks very similar to the real ones.
Real similar to my prediction for sept (im lazy and just did standard on a weekday lol) prior in the thread.

Sept would look like this for standard on a Sunday

Duo 11
Deluxe 14
1 bed 28
2 bed 38
2 bed president 55

Its cool you did a whole chart!

They're allowed to sell up to 35% of a given villa booking category (e.g., Lake View Studio at original PVB) per week (e.g. week 50).

So one reason they don't sell FW for RIV Tower Studios is because there are so few of them. 35% of 8 Tower Studios = 2.8, so they could sell 2 of the 8 for each week. That would leave only 6 for regular points reservations that week.
Aren't they allowed to sell FW for RIV Tower Studios? Asking because this thread had a 2023 RIV pdf that shows the FW RIV Tower Studios. However, it doesn't include a few weeks which I thought were because they would be below the 100 point requirement that someone posted earlier today.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-about-fixed-weeks-riv-ccv-aul-vgf-poly-charts.3806985/

Really hoping Poly Tower is able to sell FW duo studios for a few weeks.

Just wondering if Disney would be allowed to lower the point chart for the bungalow now that it will be the same association? Also wondering how many fixed weeks are the allowed to sell? Seems like it may be a good idea if you are buying direct for the tower.

Some believe they can not. I am not so sure it can’t be done, but even so, I do not see them doing it

They don’t need to. The bungalows end up booked in the end so why sell fewer points for the project so you can shift the points.

I also wonder at what point they shut it down completely because that man made lake became too dirty/infested with snakes and gators. But it looks like it was an absolute blast.

That version of Poly I would buy direct in an instant.

I wonder if the gator and snake population went up directly as a result of the lowered levels of human water activities 🤔

Some believe they can not. I am not so sure it can’t be done, but even so, I do not see them doing it

They don’t need to. The bungalows end up booked in the end so why sell fewer points for the project so you can shift the points.
Seems like a lot of availability for the Bungalows. Maybe they eventually book up for cash, but they are pretty much wide open.

I wonder if the gator and snake population went up directly as a result of the lowered levels of human water activities 🤔
I think we’re 0 of both to start since it was man made. Gators weren’t probably even a thought.

But this would make a lot of sense…also gators were almost extinct in Florida in the 50/60’s…

I think the 1 BR prices are unlikely to be lower than GF 1 BR prices....

My hunch is that Poly will set a new high point for points chart prices, even though the Grand really should be the high mark.... Already Poly has the most aggressive points chart, and I don't see that changing.

Aren't they allowed to sell FW for RIV Tower Studios? Asking because this thread had a 2023 RIV pdf that shows the FW RIV Tower Studios. However, it doesn't include a few weeks which I thought were because they would be below the 100 point requirement that someone posted earlier today.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-about-fixed-weeks-riv-ccv-aul-vgf-poly-charts.3806985/

They can decide to sell FW to whatever they want up to the 35%. They don’t have to and even if they do, they don’t have to go to that limit.

So, while they may have now included the tower studios in the chart, it doesn’t mean they will actually sell too many of them and might not for all weeks, especially high demand ones.

We may see
Seems like a lot of availability for the Bungalows. Maybe they eventually book up for cash, but they are pretty much wide open.

Yes, does take a long time to book, but they do, whether points or cash…and that benefits DVC…since they make money on breakage.

So, they don’t see it as a problem to the system and thus, why I see no reason for them to make the change and sell fewer points at the new tower.

Booking a bungalow at like 3 months for a week is harder than you might imagine. They are always available at 7 months but they do seem to eventually get grabbed; I also imagine generally for cash.

I’ve just seen a few videos and read a few articles that have been less than complimentary. I’m sure there will be some that will come out being super positive à la DFB who rarely have anything bad to say which will provide balance but currently I’ve just seen a bit more negativity. Could just be the media bubble I’m stuck in though. Despite that, I’m still excited and I’m hopeful the rooms will be the standout, kind of like how Riviera’s rooms are. The views from the preferred view balconies are going to be something else.
Selfishly I kind of hope this causes Disney to think it won’t sell well and they decides to offer some great opening day incentives. If they do, I’m buying! To date we haven’t owed PVB because it was only studios and I’m holding out hope they try to sell it out quickly like they did for VGF.

Like @aka Charles mentioned DVC won't sell a contract below the current minimum. RIV and VGF "suffered" from a 150 point minimum and certain weeks that didn't meet the threshold were excluded from charts on even deluxe studios:

1715737201393.png

DLH joining the system dropped the minimum purchase to 100 points (still need 150 for membership benefits) and DVC added the other room types:

1715737232762.png

I remember inquiring about a Favorite Week during the initial sale of Big Pine Key and it wasn't on the chart. During the "summer fire sale" last year Disney updated the chart and included the missing weeks that fell between 100 and 150 points.

Unless DVC changes the minimum contract size again if you pick a week above the 100 point threshold you should be fine. RIV is selling Tower Studios and DLH is selling Duo Studios. Declarations also comes into play. DVC can only sell what it declares. It could also decide to sell less than the 35% or none at all.

I think the 1 BR prices are unlikely to be lower than GF 1 BR prices....

My hunch is that Poly will set a new high point for points chart prices, even though the Grand really should be the high mark.... Already Poly has the most aggressive points chart, and I don't see that changing.
I also can’t think of any reason that DVC would make 1BR charts at Poly less than the 1BR at VGF, I would expect at least a few points higher in most seasons.

I also can’t think of any reason that DVC would make 1BR charts at Poly less than the 1BR at VGF, I would expect at least a few points higher in most seasons.
The reason would be that point charts are pretty faithfully pegged to cash prices, at least relative cash prices at the time the resort goes on sale. And Poly is (barely) cheaper than VGF.

It has, just based on its sheer size and number of parks, hotels and cast members.

Just from reducing hours of operation, killing evening magic hours, reducing entertainment including shortening the length of shows and failing to bring back Citizens of Mainstreet or Streetmosphere, shooting fireworks only once per night during the summer, forcing prix fixe menus at signature restaurants, killing Tables in Wonderland, removing daily housekeeping, removing room service, reducing quick service hours at hotels, killing hotel package delivery, killing the Magical Express, reducing resort bus routes, keeping one of the water parks closed, reducing monorail hours, etc. they've saved millions upon millions.

And the list goes on.
I don’t ever remember fireworks more than once per night except New Years Eve. What I miss is the night parade. That’s been gone from WDW for a long time.

I don’t ever remember fireworks more than once per night except New Years Eve. What I miss is the night parade. That’s been gone from WDW for a long time.
I remember in MK seeing the Electrical Parade for the first time in 1999, and they were doing it twice every evening! Happy memories….

They used to do fireworks twice a night at MK on very busy days in very busy seasons, and even then it was inconsistent, and happening less before the pandemic. Back in like 2010-2015 it was more common.

Even now, they still run Fantasmic twice sometimes.

We love watching MNSSHP fireworks from the PVB (higher floor) lake view room balconies. Expecting the tower lake view/theme park view rooms to be as good or better.

We love watching MNSSHP fireworks from the PVB (higher floor) lake view room balconies. Expecting the tower lake view/theme park view rooms to be as good or better.

Us too, my 83yo mother was so proud of herself after she videoed the whole firework show on her phone from the room while the rest of us were at Epcot, lol

When we were at Poly last week, when checking in the CM stated we were in ‘Theme Park’ view room (which confused me for a second). We had 2 LV PVB Studios booked and that’s what we received

Probably was just a slip up with the CM but was wondering.. could they reclassify the top floor of Moorea from a LV to ‘theme park’ view?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter