How early to arrive to be at front for Rope Drop?

I would also appreciate any recent feedback about rope dropping from Harbor. What is the Harbor security line like at 7:15? What time does security open on Harbor? When should I arrive at Harbor security if we want to be in the parks before 8:00, but we are not going for a headliner?
We rope dropped from Harbor at the end of January. Security was really quick at 7:15am with maybe 10-20 people in line at each table/scanner. We certainly weren't the first people at the turnstiles though, we were probably 50 people back which wasn't an issue for us. At 7:40am they opened the turnstiles and started scanning tickets. We were then held at the hub until rope drop at 8:00am.

Wow this is so helpful, thank you!

If you’re staying at GC, what is the best way to enter DL for EE Rope Drop? I’ve never been so explain to me like I know nothing :)

Also, I know GC has its own entrance to DCA. Is that where I want to EE rope drop?? Or do I go back out to esplanade??

It's generally better to go out to the main entrance IMO rather than using the dedicated hotel entrance. However, the security line going from Grand Californian to Downtown Disney can be REALLY slow though in the morning though, so I would be prepared for that.

I'm not sure about the new entrance though that goes into Pixar Pier though, I've never used that one

Wow this is so helpful, thank you!

If you’re staying at GC, what is the best way to enter DL for EE Rope Drop? I’ve never been so explain to me like I know nothing :)

Also, I know GC has its own entrance to DCA. Is that where I want to EE rope drop?? Or do I go back out to esplanade??
Having stayed at the GCH a few times, I can tell you doing rope drop from there is very hit or miss. It's great when everything goes well, but when it doesn't, it's very frustrating. The problem is there are only a couple of turnstiles at the GCH entrance, so if anything goes wrong (technical problem, someone not having tickets ready, someone arguing with the CM, whatever), it slows everything down. In addition, because there are only a couple of turnstiles, the line at the GCH can get very long very quickly if you're not there early.

We normally opt not to use the GCH entrance unless we're early enough to be one of the first in that line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter