Have you ever been surprised something made it to lost and found

angeleigh

DIS Veteran
Since we returned from our trip this past summer I have been wondering if anyone else was really surprised something they lost ended up in lost and found. When we were in Ak last August my husband insisted that I go in EE with the older girls while he sat with ds. Well the pack mule (me) left him to oversee the stroller and bags and everything. He ended up walking away from my bag which had my cell phone, expensive camera and many other things. I thought for sure it was gone for good. He went to guest services who assured him that it would turn up and to check back before we left the park. I was very surprised when we left the park, stopped at guest services and my bag containing all of its items including a banana was there.

Our first vaction to Florida we went to Universal studios and I left my camera on a bench. I was devasted but some nice person turned it in. There are still nice honest people in the world.

DH's wallet. Everything was still in it except for $20.

Not quite lost and found, but last year at AK, I left my oldest two kids at our table (with my purse) while I went up to the counter to order our food. When I got back to the table, my kids had gotten up to go to the bathroom and left my purse unattended at the table! I was sooooo mad at them! But, my purse was still there and nothing was taken. It must have sat there for at least 10 minutes.

Also, my sister and I were at EPCOT and we found a really nice video camera that someone had left. We turned it in to a cast member nearby. A few minutes later, we saw a man looking around frantically and we asked him what he was looking for. He told us he lost his video camera and we told him that we turned it in and sent him to the cast member who had it. He was soooo happy!:thumbsup2

A couple of years ago at TL Guest Relations a wallet was turned in to us with over $1,200 in cash in it. We saw an ID card and paged the person over the PA system.

He had thought his wife was holding the wallet, but apparently he had it in a back pocket in his swim suit and one of the waves in the Lagoon knocked it out. So it was found and turned in before he even realized it was missing.

I lost my cell phone in Epcot and it got turned in!! :cool1:

I lost cell phone on TT and when I saw it was missing went back CM had it at the end of the ride. Also at country bear show we left our camera in the waiting room. Doring the show we told a CM and she went to look it was still on the bench.

In DL somebody did take our stroller nothing in it but it was found later. I think it was just a mistake.

The last time we took both of our boys at the same time (2000), our youngest lost his favorite wallet (Ninja Turtles--they were big then) and we looked everywhere since he couldn't remember where he had last had it. A week after we returned home, we received an envelope in the mail with his wallet in it--along with his $30 which he planned on using to buy me a gift (his dad lent him the money while we were there because he felt so bad). Mousekeeping had found it stuck behind the bed at the Coronado when she ws cleaning the room after we departed. :goodvibes

This wasn't actually turned in but last time we were at MGM in 2005 I left my in-laws in charge of the diaper bag and our child while my husband and I rode Tower of Terror. After getting off the ride for the second time (it was only a 10 or so minute wait, had to take advantage of it) we walked over to where they were waiting for us. The diaper bag was gone along with all of our cash inside of it.

We found it where they had left it sitting. My MIL claims she didn't realize it was our bag when they walked off. I'd been wearing it for 2 days already but whatever...

No money lost, everything intact. A CM was getting ready to turn it into lost and found but we got back before they did. We were lucky.

I left my purse in the bathroom outside a restaraunt on the Disney Wonder (cruise) cell phone/credit cards and cash inside! It was turned in to lost and found Thankfully everything in tact. There is still good people out there thankfully:hippie:

My two year old son had a beloved stuffed pony. He carries it everywhere and sleeps with it. When we were at Epcot, at some point he fell asleep and the pony fell out of the stroller! We were frantic to find this pony, or to buy an identical one somewhere. However, someone turned it in to L&F and within 2 days it was mailed to our home. Now, Pony stays in the car when we go to the park!

I set my purse on the ground to have my picture taken at AK and then walked away without it. I realized about 20 mins later and went straight to Lost and Found...someone had turned it in and didn't touch anything inside!

There was cash, our park passes, credit cards, everything! So happy it turned out well :goodvibes but it made for some real panic as we ran to Lost & Found!

my DD left her camera on a counter at the store at ASM. It was at lost and found that night. There are alot of honest people out there. I have found a wallet, sunglasses and many hats that I have given to a cast member over the years.

I hope most people are honest and know it would ruin someones vacation if they lost an expensive item

Years ago my DH lost his hat on either Buzz Lightyear or the TTA, and we found it at lost & found! We were delighted!

I wish. :sad1: I lost an EE shirt around Rainforst Cafe last September. Someone must have stolen it but I checked through the whole trip at lost and found and I even called after we left.

1) I am constantly amazed at the honesty of people!
2) I have seen many cheap, expensive, typical and strange things turned in.
3) And, by total strangers!
4) I have seen
. . . old, frayed baseball caps
. . . strollers
. . . wallets (some with BIG BUCKS)
. . . cameras
. . . purses
. . . bags of souvenirs
. . . kids toys
. . . sunglasses

5) The strangest was a old lady who turned in a man's very thick wallet
. . . it had credit cards and pictures and cash
. . . the cash was over $1,000
. . . she said she took $20 for the effort
. . . she left her name and room number, just in case the guy complained
. . . the guy came by late that night and inquired about a lost wallet
. . . he read the note from the lady regarding the $20
. . . his reply was "ONLY $20?!?!".
. . . he put $100 in an envelope and addressed it to her room number
. . . he said she saved their vacation and deserved more than $20
. . . a voice-mail was left for her to pick up an envelope at her convenience
. . . the old lady went nuts when she came down and retrieved the envelope!

We sometimes take our resort refillable mug with us in the parks as we don't want to go back to the room after eating breakfast. My DD must have still had something to drink in it when we arrived at Disney Studios. She laid it down somewhere and didn't know where. She went to lost and found later and sure enough they had it. I know they are not that expensive, but I was sure glad not to have to buy another one.

I am so happy to read these positive experiences!!!! Makes my heart all melty.

We have not been as lucky and that is why I like reading happy stories. My DS left his fanny pack hanging in a stall in the women's restroom in Africa at AK last September. Maybe 3 minutes went by before he noticed and we dashed back. Gone. We checked guest services then the main lost and found, even stopped in personally on our way to the airport ... it never turned up.

It was a good life lesson for DS about caring for his things but he still cries at the thought of his lost little treasures and his special kid-sized pack. I have been unable to find a replacement. I hope whoever took it adores it as much as my child did.

I have a happy ending...and a sad ending. While at Coronado Springs in 2005 my DD had her favorite "blankie" taken out with the mousekeeping - never got it back. At GF in 2003 another DD favorite stuffed duck went out with mousekeeping - and did receive it in the mail 1 week later.
Another lesson learned. DO NOT leave anything on the beds - mousekeeping can accidentally take it out with the sheets.

A couple of years ago our son's girl friend lost her wallet and passport (she's Colombian) while we were eating at Le Cellier. She noticed it while we were watching the British Invasion. We went back to Le Cellier and scoured the area in between. No luck. We then went to Guest Services near SSE and the passport & wallet were there waiting for us. That was very surprising because it was so fast. Nothing was missing at all. We couldn't even thank the person who had returned them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter