December 2024

Lfgw9206

Earning My Ears
No idea if I’m posting this in the right spot?

This is my first post.

We haven’t been to Disney since June 2019.

We are a family of 5. 3 “grown” boys. 21,17, and 13.

We are having a bit of sticker shock with the prices! Wow! They have definitely gone up since our last trip. With being a group of 5, and older kids, we really do feel like we need 2 rooms. Or a family suite at like AoA or Music. Also with my oldest in college, and we can’t travel in the summer due to work, we are also planning on going the busiest week of the year! And I’m terrified of crowd levels, but it’s looking like Dec 28-Jan 4. It’s just are only option,

I wish we could make another time of the year work because the prices look soooo much better, but it is what it is!

So I guess my question is this: will there be ANY discounts offered at all? At this point a 10% off my 2 rooms would make me feel so much better. LOL

Also taking any tips for traveling during that time! Thank you!

We did the all star family suite with our family of six (kids were all teens). Worked out great to have two bathrooms and private bedroom for mom and dad!

We were at Disney a few years ago after not being there for probably over 10 years ago. We were also surprised at how crowded AND expensive everything had become. We found it took at least twice as long to do the same number of rides/shows simply due to how crowded everything was. I really don't think there is any time of year when it is less crowded and clearly around certain peak times it will be REALLY busy.

Have you looked into renting a house in the area? Seems there are a lot of them and many find it cheaper with more space for everyone to spread out and have their own areas. Disney hotel prices are very high, regardless of which resort. Staying off-site is often a more economical way to go. Many older threads on that topic. Disney tends to offer discounts to help fill up rooms during 'slower' times of the year. They are less likely to offer discounts during peak times when occupancy will already be high. Even when they do offer discounts, they always say 'up to x%' and it isn't on every room category.

Over the years we at stayed both on Disney property and other nearby locations and enjoyed they all for various reasons.

The crowds will be crazy but manageable. Rope drop and fast pass!
I would check Dolphin and Swan for a hotel. We received a great rate this past Christmas. Plus you get Disney perks like early entry. We roped drop every day for the main attractions. We went to MK on a party day and it was great. We got so much done.

If you want to go at a less busy time, I would pull the kids out of school first week in December or early May, right after your college student completes finals.

Wyndham Bonnet Creek if you want to consider off site properties. The two bdrm condo would serve your family great.

Happy Planning!

Going that time of year I would definitely stay on site. Yes it is busy but there is a lot more going on. Many of the resorts have NYE parties for their guests. Normally I would say the crowds die down after the first but this year it may stay busy a little longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter