DAS changes coming WDW May 20/ DL June 18, 2024

That is my understanding too.
Multiple guests have reported they have been told that qualifications and adding members will only be available by Accessibility Services staff - not in park CMs.
My own personal opinion is that changing members in park was one of the big ways that ‘DAS tour guides’ and influencers were using to add members and abuse DAS
I can see that. I can also see adding on grandpa joining the party after a day in the parks and removing sibiling after another day...taking that ability of the CMs on-site and placing that into a chat is only going to slow the umbrella lines down even more and burnout the valuable cms there.

Giving them the ability to defer to online as an out is great. Handcuffing them isnt.

placing that into a chat is only going to slow the umbrella lines down even more and burnout the valuable cms there
How does removing a task slow down the lines at the blue umbrellas? If any impact it might make those lines shorter. Guests can connect to chat from their resort rooms the prior evening or that morning at breakfast before hitting the parks. Or do I not understand what you are suggesting?

Also there may or may not be more limited options to add/change guests connected to a DAS, with the smaller party restriction plus the potential for limiting to “immediate” family.

Didn't someone say that during the DAS registration, they allowed more than 4 to be in the DAS party, but only 4 at a time could do attractions together, unless they allowed for exceptions? Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly.

I can see that. I can also see adding on grandpa joining the party after a day in the parks and removing sibiling after another day...taking that ability of the CMs on-site and placing that into a chat is only going to slow the umbrella lines down even more and burnout the valuable cms there.

Giving them the ability to defer to online as an out is great. Handcuffing them isnt.
I mean, how would it slow them down? They can’t do it so the answer will be sorry, go to GR. Some people will gripe and move on, others will move on right away. They deal with a lot of upset people every day, I don’t think this particular change is going to burn them out with complaints.

Didn't someone say that during the DAS registration, they allowed more than 4 to be in the DAS party, but only 4 at a time could do attractions together, unless they allowed for exceptions? Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly.
The limit of 4 hasn’t started yet. If it works like the current 6 you could be correct.

I mean, how would it slow them down? They can’t do it so the answer will be sorry, go to GR. Some people will gripe and move on, others will move on right away. They deal with a lot of upset people every day, I don’t think this particular change is going to burn them out with complaints.
I agree. Also, I think the Blue Umbrella CM line will be: “here’s a QR code/web address, you can contact them on your phone right now or you can go to x location where they have iPads you can use.” There will potentially be some entitled people making a scene but that happens now and I think after the first few weeks it will be much less burdensome (time and emotional energy) than the current system.

Incidentally, we were at Disneyland on Mother’s Day and I typically don’t get to the parks before 11 but we had brunch plans so arrived around 10– there were about 20 people in line at the blue umbrellas on Main Street and I decided to skip adding my mom to my DAS party because the physical toll of waiting in line for 20-40 minutes wasn’t worth it to allow all 5 of us to get an extra ride or two in.

Sorry, but I disagree. The more they take away from in-park, the better IMO.

That is my understanding too.
Multiple guests have reported they have been told that qualifications and adding members will only be available by Accessibility Services staff - not in park CMs.
My own personal opinion is that changing members in park was one of the big ways that ‘DAS tour guides’ and influencers were using to add members and abuse DAS
I agree with this, it became too rampant out on social media sites. Even “non-disney” people were aware of it.

In the past it extended to DAS holder’s family in their MDE. I’m not talking adding on more people a day over the stated limit.

I’m referring to fact that some trips covered under the DAS accommodation time limit could easily include DAS holder & different set of family members on a trip:

One parent & (other siblings/step-siblings in a blended family type),

Acting as guardians on the trip: Grandparent(s)/Adult siblings

In the past, it was easy to switch out who would be in the park with the DAS holder. I guess “too” easy by the looks of it.

Curious to see how this situation is actually going to be handled going forward

The limit of 4 for the DAS party is set to roll out when the registration for the new program begins (May 20 for WDW and June 18 for DL).
Currently, with the DAS size of 6, they have made case by case exceptions. For some, like 2 parents with 5 minor children, all 7 have been allowed to ride together. For other - especially with more adults, more have been allowed to be linked to DAS, but no more than 6 could be on a DAS Return Time.
I suspect they will make reasonable exceptions like they do now, but no one knows for sure yet or if they do, how it will work.

Sorry, but I disagree. The more they take away from in-park, the better IMO.
100% agree and I think the goal is to limit the type of interactions that were on the last page of this thread in person. Emotions will be running high during this transition period.
I have personally witnessed a lot of 'Guest Relations tantrums' where the guest's behavior and volume level escalated until they got what they wanted or were turned down enough times that they finally gave up.
Those types of situations are difficult for everyone. I'm sure limiting those kinds of interactions is a goal

I agree. Also, I think the Blue Umbrella CM line will be: “here’s a QR code/web address, you can contact them on your phone right now or you can go to x location where they have iPads you can use.” There will potentially be some entitled people making a scene but that happens now and I think after the first few weeks it will be much less burdensome (time and emotional energy) than the current system.

Incidentally, we were at Disneyland on Mother’s Day and I typically don’t get to the parks before 11 but we had brunch plans so arrived around 10– there were about 20 people in line at the blue umbrellas on Main Street and I decided to skip adding my mom to my DAS party because the physical toll of waiting in line for 20-40 minutes wasn’t worth it to allow all 5 of us to get an extra ride or two in.
Yeah, suppose so; just have to make life online CMs harder than already is to walk them through each day if one adds on.

Wonder how they will handle to crossovers during Special Events. We don't go until OBB anyways so plenty of time there.

Our go to CM spots are behind Red Rose tavern and behind Matterhorn. - Central hub is tends to be worse the City Hall with all the renovation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter