Sci fi? Impossible?

DianaMB333

Mouseketeer
Hi
Have you had lucky with reservations for Sci Fi?
I am trying to get one for March and seems all booked up..

Early this month was there and also tried the walkup list and couldnt either

Wondering if there is any trick that I can learn from?

thanks

GBRforWDW

DIS Veteran
Yeah, I think I had more luck for lunch time reservations. Not sure what time of day you need, but I was able to get a lunch reservation for early January. Was even able to modify it some as well, though leading up to our trip, there wasn’t anything available. Also, I think it worked better if I put in an even number, so if you have 3 or 5 in your group, try 4or 6. When you check in on the app day of, it’ll ask you group size and you just use accurate numbers there.

TheBacklot

Mouseketeer
I got up at 5am yesterday at the 60 day Window and it was already unavailable. I guess I need to get up at midnight going forward...

HPSF1

Earning My Ears
I was able to get one this morning when my 60 day window opened- but I had to schedule it for later in our week. The 60 days + 10 if you're staying onsite is still in effect so if you're onsite you have a small advantage - so if you're staying onsite make sure you try booking at the 60 day mark and towards the end of your trip (when fewer people have access to those reservations). Also- keep refreshing/ checking back- things seem to open up as other people cancel/ change plans. Hope you get what you're looking for!

• DianaMB333

Mouseketeer
    Thanks! I have the reservation finder on; lunch and/or dinner the weekend of the 13th for 2 people.. I tried at the 60 days window but forgot the 10days extra for staying at Poly... will keep trying

only hope

DIS Veteran
    The system doesn’t have many spots for parties of 2. It’s mostly 4 and 6. They are only seating one party per car right now, so look for reservations for parties of 4 and 6 and book whatever you find. When you arrive, just let the podium cm know you only have 2.

• Cheburashka

DIS Veteran
    Hi
    Have you had lucky with reservations for Sci Fi?
    I am trying to get one for March and seems all booked up..

Early this month was there and also tried the walkup list and couldnt either

Wondering if there is any trick that I can learn from?

thanks
    How many people? There have been reports that parties of 1 or 2 are being almost completely shut out of Sci Fi bookings since reopening, because they're lower-revenue generators given that separate parties can no longer share the cars. If you're a party of 1 or 2, try looking for a reservation for 3 or 4 & see what comes up. If you book for 3 and one member of your party can't make it at the last minute, they aren't going to turn you away. I know this from experience at Sci Fi, after my SO couldn't join us on the trip at the last minute.

If that isn't the issue, then try the Touring Plans free reservation finder tool. It works very well, and sometimes even the "impossible" will come through the night before, when people either finally cancel their hoarded reservations, or just change their minds about their next day's plans.

Sci Fi is the most popular restaurant in WDW's currently most popular park, and HS doesn't have a lot of restaurant options to begin with, so yeah, it's hard to get. Keep trying.

Last edited:

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES