Question on Transfers

Fido Chuckwagon

DIS Veteran
I’ve got a question regarding transfers. I have read that a member can do one transfer in or transfer out, once per use year. My question is, which use year is referred to when discussing that limitation? Let’s say my contract has a February use year. I am receiving points from another member who has an October use year. When does that start and stop my clock on receiving another transfer? Is it just I can’t receive any two transfers where the use years overlap? Or is it my use year that determines this limitation?

CarolMN

DVC Co-Moderator
It's your use year.

Currently, you are in your 2020 use year. Today, you could make or receive a transfer to/from any other 2020 use year with your 2020 use year points. (Only current use year points are eligible for transfers - no banked or borrowed). You could do the same with 2021.

On 2/1/21, you could transfer to /receive from any 2021 use year ( if you haven't already used your one transfer entitlement). You could also do so for 2022.

Fido Chuckwagon

DIS Veteran
It's your use year.

Currently, you are in your 2020 use year. Today, you could make or receive a transfer to/from any other 2020 use year with your 2020 use year points. (Only current use year points are eligible for transfers - no banked or borrowed). You could do the same with 2021.

On 2/1/21, you could transfer to /receive from any 2021 use year ( if you haven't already used your one transfer entitlement). You could also do so for 2022.
Thank You!

Sandisw

DVC Forums
I transferred my June 2020 UY points into my Dec 2019 UY and was told that would count as my 2020 UY transfer for both had those points been from a different owner.

Since they were from me to me, it did not. So, the CM seemed to indicate that the points were 2020 UY, that is what mattered.

Sounds different though than what is posted above...so just know you may have to ask for clarification if you get a different answer.

ldo

DIS Veteran
so, if I can add onto this question: if I have an Oct UY and I get a transfer of Aug UY 2021 point in March, does that a transfer count as a 2020 transfer for me, since it's not Oct yet, or is it my 2021 UY transfer as it is 2021 points?

Last edited:

JETSDAD

DIS Veteran
It goes by the points being transferred. While I was in my 2019 UY I transferred in 2019 and 2020 points so that would use both of those years transfers even though I was still in a single UY personally.

ldo

DIS Veteran
thanks, so I could still get another transfer of 2020 points as well? good to know.

JETSDAD

DIS Veteran
thanks, so I could still get another transfer of 2020 points as well? good to know.
I don't see why not. You may want to double check with MS but that's how it worked for me and how they explained it.

Reactions: ldo

Sandisw

DVC Forums
so, if I can add onto this question: if I have an Oct UY and I get a transfer of Aug UY 2021 point in March, does that a transfer count as a 2020 transfer for me, since it's not Oct yet, or is it my 2021 UY transfer as it is 2021 points?
Per what I was told last year, that would count as your 2021 UY transfer since the points are 2021 UY points...even though you can use them for part of your 2020 UY.

Since the points retain their own UY, they are 2021 UY points and that is why they’d be considered your one and done for your 2021 UY.

Deb & Bill

DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
Remember, too, that you cannot borrow transferred points.

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES