Finally some communication from DCL for Castaway Club members.

insureman

DIS Veteran
This is the first email I have received for DCL since February of 2020. At least it's something. 👍
Here is the video from the President of DCL.

taaren

DIS Veteran
While I love the reach out and I miss DCL, the cynic in me sees the “here’s a backdrop for your Zoom meetings do you can advertise for us for free” :flower1:
That's funny I thought the exact thing. At first I was excited and thought I might actually use it since it is a nice background, then I looked at in on my computer instead of my phone and the advertising was too overt. If it was just the ship and lights, I might have used it.

DynamicDisneyDuo

DIS Veteran
Once again DCL's mysterious way of emailing some people but not all rears it's head. It shouldn't be hard to keep a running list of the member email addresses, maybe in a distribution list, so that when they send something it goes to everyone. Break it down into separate lists by CC level if you need to target specific membership levels.

deliela999

Mouseketeer
I didn't get it and would probably use that background some, especially if they had sent it out in time to use through December. I've been using the beach one for Teams calls when forced to turn cameras on.

• EXCLUSIVE - Dreams Unlimited Travel Gift Basket!
    Book your Disney Cruise Line vacation through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive an exclusive, complimentary Gift Basket. This Gift Basket is a result of client feedback as well as posts from DISboards.com; we call it our “What you didn't know you needed on a Disney Cruise Kit”.
    Click Here for Details

• ruadisneyfan2

DIS Veteran
    I got this too but considering I've done a total of 3 zoom meetings (for family member's birthdays) since the pandemic began, a Zoom background is pretty much worthless to me.

AquaDame

DCL
    I got this too but considering I've done a total of 3 zoom meetings (for family member's birthdays) since the pandemic began, a Zoom background is pretty much worthless to me.
    I'm in and out of Zoom meetings all day and would never use it either... it's not artsy or funny, and wouldn't mesh with my profession. Maybe as a wallpaper...?

• Luckymommyx2

Wishing you a magical day
    Add me to the list of CC members that didn’t receive the email even though we have 2 DCL vacations scheduled for 2021! Ugh, get it together Disney! 🙄

jrabbit

DIS Veteran
    Two simple ways to get rid of the "advertisement" ...
    1) Crop the top of the picture off .. you won't really loose too much
    2) use Paint to copy the top left side of the picture and overlay it on the right side (MS Paint, the simplest of tools to edit pictures with a "sledgehammer"

Here is my attempt using paint. Spent 45 seconds editing it.545145

taaren

DIS Veteran
    I've been using the beach one for Teams calls when forced to turn cameras on.
    :rotfl:This is so me, too. I get through about 2/3 of my work Zoom/Teams calls without being forced to turn on the camera. I haven't found a background I really like for the 1/3 that I am also forced to turn cameras on.

KashasMom

DIS Veteran
    Once again DCL's mysterious way of emailing some people but not all rears it's head. It shouldn't be hard to keep a running list of the member email addresses, maybe in a distribution list, so that when they send something it goes to everyone. Break it down into separate lists by CC level if you need to target specific membership levels.
    And how about those of us with cruises currently booked?! Sheesh, there are some things Disney just does NOT do well!!

mmouse37

DCL Diva!!
    Add me to the list of CC members that didn’t receive the email even though we have 2 DCL vacations scheduled for 2021! Ugh, get it together Disney! 🙄
    Me either...we have a DCL booked for the Fall of 2021 and one booked for the Spring of 2022....what gives DCL????

MJ

ofcabbagesandkings

DIS Veteran
    I didn't get it, but I assume that most DCL related emails go to my travel agent. They sent my DU travel agent my concierge emails last time and I had to get them redirected to me.

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES

Book your Disney Cruise through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive a Shipboard Credit and an Exclusive Gift Basket!