Will I ever actually get there??? A first-time trip to WDW (3/10 - 3/16 2024)

8b. Day 6: MK/Epcot
My alarm sounds to end my break in the room. I get up to go to Epcot. It will be my last park of the trip.

My luck with the buses holds out and I am quickly on my way.

Inside the park, I stop first for a couple of photopass pictures I hadn’t seen before. I get the Epcot 360!

1715526131366.png

Woohoo! I also find the super Zoom, but not sure how to post the “video” from it here.

Quick stop for a shot with Spaceship Earth!

1715526147381.png

A different photographer nearby gives me St. Patrick’s Day balloons!

1715526164480.png

And a 3rd one holiday confetti!

1715526175380.png

All 4 of these photographers were standing only a few feet from each other. While I felt a little silly going to each in such proximity, it was worth it for the different magic shots that they had!

I head over to the Nemo ride. It is cute, although one of the rooms makes me super dizzy and I have to close my eyes to be able to keep from being nauseous.

1715526243113.png

I think I got followed when I left the ride!

Walking through Epcot, I head towards Figment. I really enjoy the ride! There are small bits of humor throughout, combined with good complementary effects!

I can see why Figment is popular, and wish I could have experienced the original story back in the day.

I make my way towards World Showcase. I plan to try the Cauliflower again, but first a photo stop!

1715526280931.png

This was a popular spot and one of the longer Photopass lines I had to wait in.

1715526297818.png

Another fun magic shot! The line to wait here was in the sun. I am looking forward to sitting in the shade to eat.

The cauliflower is just as good as the other day, and I am glad I got it again! I also got the frozen lavender drink from one of the stands nearby. I dislike it, but drink it all as it is cool and helps with the heat.

Next stop: Canada! I get there and purchase maple popcorn to take home with me. I explore the pavilion, finding the Kidcot station tucked in the back. I really like the waterfall and small “trail” that goes by it.

The next pavilion is the UK. I find an old friend – I think he might be hungry!

1715526340823.png

But all the food I have is the maple popcorn 😊

I keep exploring, meandering through the pavilions. At the international gateway I exchange the eggstravaganza hunt for my “prize.” I only ever saw 2 eggs personally while I was there, and had to use the internet to properly place the stickers. Oops! :D

Coming back to France, I explore properly. I only peek into the perfume store, as I can’t do the smell. I have a DAS for Remy that is ready, but the LL is way too long so I skip riding again. I do however re-do my magic shots and the results are a tiny bit better:

1715526388827.png

The next and last pavilion for me to explore is Morocco. I realize I should eat more and make an unplanned foodstop and get the chicken kebab and saffron cake.

1715526414091.png

Both of these are so, so, so good!!! I can’t believe I almost missed out on these! With the exception of Satuli Canteen, it is my favorite meal of the trip.

Picture limit: Continued in next post!

Done with World Showcase, I continue meandering around World Showcase, stopping for photopass photographers when I see them.

First stop is Japan.

1715526504597.png

I am hoping next year to go the World’s Fair in Osaka. While in the country, I of course will need to visit Universal Japan and the two Disney Parks! It will be interesting to see how they compare to the US parks!

Next up is Italy:

1715526522417.png

Such a cute Mickey! This is actually my second time at this Photopass - I stopped here earlier in the week, but didn't like my expression. Now that I know who will be in the pot, I can react better :)

Then I make a pit stop in Germany. I still haven’t bought my souvenir, so the shirt I saw the other day will be mine!

1715526575576.png

It’s perfect for a German teacher to wear, although I do wish the character on the shirt were Mickey instead of Minnie. I briefly talk to the CM behind the cash register in German, asking about how he got to Epcot and his plans for staying. It was interesting to learn about!

I slowly make my way out of the park, making a pit stop in the China pavilion:

1715526600652.png

1715526611163.png

I wish I could have gotten this passport magic shot for all of the pavilions! But sadly I wasn’t able to catch a photographer at all of them. This might be something to try for on a future trip!

As I leave World Showcase, the sun goes down quickly. I stop for a magic shot with the Epcot ball lit up in the background.

1715526633064.png

The photographer catches the monorail as it goes by!

As I leave the park, I wave goodbye to Epcot.

1715526653542.png

But I’m not done yet. I have one last thing to do: The Monorail.

Instead of heading straight back to the hotel, I take the monorail to Magic Kingdom. While on the train, the Magic Kingdom fireworks are going off and it is a neat vantage point to watch them from. At the TTC, I ask for a transportation card and am in luck – I get one with the monorail on it. Yay!

I arrive at the park just as the fireworks crowds are leaving. It’s medlam! I briefly consider entering the park for a couple of last rides, but I’m completely done in. I join the mass of people leaving and head to the bus stop.

Just as I am arriving the bus to POFQ pulls out. I’m stuck waiting over 20 minutes for the next one….guess my mid-trip luck with transportation is at an end…..that doesn’t bode well for my travel day tomorrow!!

A bus finally comes, and I make it back to my resort and crash into bed.

Sorry you missed out on Remy, but it looks like a great time at Epcot regardless! The saffron cake and kebab look delicious.

Hope the delay with the POFQ bus isn’t a harbinger of travel woes in getting home! You had more than your fair share flying out. 😬

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter