Hi everyone! Here's a situation I'd love some insight on.

I was in Disney this past February. We went to the parks with base tickets and first entered the parks on February 18, 2024. On the last day of our trip, we decided we may upgrade to Annual Passes (Sorcerers Passes as we are Disney Vacation Club members). Guest Relations was having MANY problems, as their ticketing system kept going down. The Cast Member seemed a bit frazzled because of this, but was also maybe not super knowledgeable about the Annual Pass system too when it came to the Disney Vacation Club side of things (which is important to this story).

We were initially asking questions about pricing and dates for upgrading our passes prior to deciding whether or not we would do so. I asked the Cast Member when our passes would expire, assuming she would say February 17, 2025. Instead, she said that they would expire on February 18, 2025. I clarified and said, "Do you mean they stop working on February 18, 2025, since we first used our initial tickets on February 18, 2024?" She said, "No, you can enter the parks on February 18, 2025 for the last time." I mentioned how that was weird, but it was kind of like an "extra bonus day" because based on what she was saying, you got the passes for one year + one day. This ultimately convinced us to buy the pass, because my birthday is February 18th and we figured we could get into the parks on February 18, 2025 for another birthday trip (this past year on my birthday, it POURED from park open to park close, so I was hoping for a redo).

Well, I just booked flights yesterday and happened to go into my My Disney Experience app. I took a look at my tickets...and they expire February 17, 2025. I am feeling frustrated because I wouldn't have booked my trip for the dates I did (and maybe wouldn't have even upgraded to an Annual Pass) if I was told they expired on February 17, 2025. I know that the one day difference seems trivial, but my parents also booked their flights to go down and spend my actual birthday in Disney with me....and now it looks like I don't have passes to get into the parks to even be able to do that.

I chatted with someone on the Disney website, but they said I will need to call the Annual Passholder help desk. I won't be able to call until after work and am panicking a bit.

What do you think my chances are of them extending my passes an extra day in this situation?
I know you already got help from Disney on this (yea!), but wanted to add my experience as a warning to others. Since the 366 days thing was such a well known thing before covid, all the info I found said my Pass would be good the for the same date as the starting date the next year. I carefully chose our start date to coincide with a birthday as well as vacation days I knew about well in advance. As you know, once I activated my AP I saw that it was actually 365 days. Not the end of the world, but I was very confused as there were plenty of sources including some of the CMs I talked to who were continuing to claim it should be 366. After many conversations with Disney and much conflicting information, I just gave up and planned a resort day for our last day. Still feeling a little annoyed at all the misinformation, I sent Disney one last email before my final AP trip and begged them to make their website explicit and train their CMs in this policy so that at least people would know. They did extend my pass then (too late), but honestly I would have preferred they just be clear in the first place.
That was April 2022-2023, so I'm sorry to hear that there are still CMs giving out the wrong info.
In case anyone else needs to hear it: APs are good for 365 days only. This is a change from how it was for years.

Ticket question - I have "6-day Magic Your Way Base Tickets" for our trip in October. Do I need park reservations for this type of park ticket?
If your tickets are valid starting on a specific date, then they are date based, and you do not need park reservations. Have fun!

Ticket question - I have "6-day Magic Your Way Base Tickets" for our trip in October. Do I need park reservations for this type of park ticket?
As PP said -- if your tickets have a designated start date, you do not need theme park reservations.

But just to clarify... current tickets with a specified start date are not "Magic Your Way" they are now just "theme park tickets." So if your tickets are older MYW or Magic Your Way purchased through the military, then you will need a theme park reservation because they are not date-based.

I have a quick question. I currently have an AP set to expire on October 1st of this year. I was just going to let it expire because I don't plan on going for at least 6 months after it expires. I now have the opportunity to get a new one gifted to me for my birthday in September instead. Is it possible to by a new AP to activate at a later day or do I have to do the renewal and keep my anniversary date the same?

I have a quick question. I currently have an AP set to expire on October 1st of this year. I was just going to let it expire because I don't plan on going for at least 6 months after it expires. I now have the opportunity to get a new one gifted to me for my birthday in September instead. Is it possible to by a new AP to activate at a later day or do I have to do the renewal and keep my anniversary date the same?
Disney will be happy to sell you a voucher for a new one that you can hold onto for up to a year before you start to use it.

Hi! I have two questions:1. can I Upgrade undercover tourist tickets by phone prior to arriving? I bought them before I knew if I was going to get an AP? 2. If I'm able to do that, and do it, would I be eligible for AP Passholder Previews for Tiana if they have them? thanks!

Hi! I have two questions:1. can I Upgrade undercover tourist tickets by phone prior to arriving? I bought them before I knew if I was going to get an AP? 2. If I'm able to do that, and do it, would I be eligible for AP Passholder Previews for Tiana if they have them? thanks!
1. I've been able to uograde undercover tourist tickets.
2. In my experience you can only book the AP previews if the AP is already activated when booking day comes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter