The Widow, the Spinster, and the Missus take on Disneyland - A Short Afternoon with New and Old Friends 5/25

This seems to be a reoccurring trend! :laughing:

I'm just that kind of a team player! :laughing:

1715093488117.png

That's a meme, not a song. Even when you listen to it.

I'm excellent at those... well after the fact!

I'm usually not, even after the fact.

In moderation, I guess? Better as an addition to something with milk chocolate.

Or with English peas? Who woulda thought?

Now that I think of it... I might've asked to speak to the manager about it. I mean... service and food was poor. I think I would've requested a reduction on the tip to reflect that. Just based on how bad it was. If they'd said no... nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I never think to do that. Then again I don't like conflict, and to me that's conflict

It just seems like yesterday you were in Austria/Germany!

:rolleyes:

I know! Like how does that work exactly? :scratchin

:laughing: Like the name of the booth

I'm pretty sure you said that the last time I posted about this festival!

ooohhh... yum!
That sure sounds good.
Where every dish has 20 garlic cloves!!

No?

Suffice to say most of the things I tried were good!

Whoopsie. :furious:

Exactly! :lmao:

I'm guessing that's work related. Just a guess.

Actually it's family related. His mother is very old (as most of ours are), and she was having some health issues over the last few years. For a while he was mostly living out there and just returning to his apartment in NoHo a couple times a month.

He eventually inherits the house in Highland, and so he does upkeep like mowing the lawn, and tending to the yard. It's in a slightly rural area and they have chickens, and a large backyard that he's always working on.

Last edited:
What a fun day with Leonard! The food all looked amazing!

It was a great surprise to see the food booths open a day early! I didn't think I was going to make it to F&W this year with everything else that I had going on!

She's a beaut! Excellent work on the hedges!
I didn't notice the hedges, but it does have that classic French Chateau look to it!
In your next sequence of photos, that's def evident!
::yes::
How kind of him to leave the bottles ;) I'd have thought a little top up in order hehe
As soon as the photo was done, they were whisked away! I think too many people would have thought of that too! :laughing:
Super pretty, at lease the atmosphere seems quote nice
Yeah, it had promise.....
Bread doesn't look that great, and 3 minutes, geez
It's like they were getting paid based on how many tables they served an hour.
that skin is indeed Very crispy- right up D's alley, not always my thing, but the fish looks nice
It was! And had it not been served back to back on the previous course, I might have had some time to enjoy it.
like what the?!
Exactly! :confused3
When I read this I was like ummmm dude, think of you tip...then I kept reading...
Yeah, they don't have to. :sad2:
Gross! that's brutal!
Yup. ::yes::
That's just ridiculous! Really really is! I'm guessing they were flipping for another seating?
But they weren't. The place was pretty empty.
I'm glad the dessert was good, and then I read the 20% - ahhh ha!!! ( I did scroll back and see it was on the menu) funny how it also mentions "served promptly" 🙄
Actually it said, "To be served properly, tasting menu must be ordered by the entire table".

Aww Leonard! Cutie! I enjoyed booth hopping with you as well :thumbsup2
Booth hopping is always a fun pastime!
Garlic and bacon, yum!
::yes::
Yikes! I would have thought they'd warm people if it was!
Maybe they weren't scotch bonnet, but they were spicy!
LOL!
I'm so glad when we shared the cookie thing that we only got one! Pretty sure we really struggled to finish it
Yeah, I've learned. The sweet treats are pretty rich and filling. I knew we would only need one of those macarons!
Jackson 5 I've sure!
I cannot confirm or deny this. I just don't remember. :sad2:
Such a great photo of you 2! :lovestruc
Thanks!
Lol, I wonder if this will still be one of Makenna's favs next time we visit 🤔
Who knows? Kids are fickle.
Onwards!!
We are watching that this weekend!

I'm just that kind of a team player! :laughing:
:laughing:
That's a meme, not a song. Even when you listen to it.
Correct. Party on, Alison!
Or with English peas? Who woulda thought?
Right!
I never think to do that. Then again I don't like conflict, and to me that's conflict
Yeah... I doubt I'd do it either... but probably should!
I know! Like how does that work exactly? :scratchin
Airplanes!
I'm pretty sure you said that the last time I posted about this festival!
Probably! :laughing:
Actually it's family related. His mother is very old (as most of ours are), and she was having some health issues over the last few years. For a while he was mostly living out there and just returning to his apartment in NoHo a couple times a month.
Ah yes. My sister is doing that (and has been for a couple years) as well.

Back in March some other friends came out to visit. Anita and Marc actually arrived in Southern California on the day of the Oscars. Originally I'd promised to cook Jenny a “Happy Birthday” turkey on March 10th, but when we realized it was Oscar Sunday we pivoted and I went for a meal of finger foods. Anita and her husband came to the house, and the four of us enjoyed an afternoon of friends, food and fun. The pictures weren't that exciting, so I didn't post them! :laughing:

Because I've had a super busy schedule this year, I wasn't able to make it out to Disney to see them until the following Friday in the afternoon. Anita had invited me to meet up with a few of her friends from the Harvey's Handbag group, when they planned to have some drinks at Trader Sam’s.

When I arrived late Friday afternoon they were in Disneyland Park. Their group had dwindled to just two friends, Kate and Erica. We decided to ride Space Mountain. They all had been on several rides before I got there. Erica opted out on the ride as she had to take a work call just as we were entering the queue.

x24DL0315DLR01.jpg

Since it was getting late and we knew that Trader Sam’s would have a wait, we decided to take the Monorail over since it was close. Here’s a shot of the Matterhorn while we waited on the platform.

x24DL0315DLR02.jpg

As we suspected, there was a 90 minute wait, so we put in our names in and decided to check out the bar/restaurant in the new DVC area. It was a 20-30 minute wait for our party of five, but then Kate decided she needed to get home and didn’t want to wait. Once we became a part of four, the wait went down to 5 minutes and we were seated almost immediately.

x24DL0315DLR03.jpg

I took some pictures of the menu in case you were curious.

x24DL0315DLR04.jpg

x24DL0315DLR06.jpg

x24DL0315DLR07.jpg

There’s the bar. If you didn’t realize it, the name Palm Breeze bar is because it’s outside in a Breezeway, so it can get gusty at times.

x24DL0315DLR08.jpg

Here is what’s left of our crew.

x24DL0315DLR09.jpg

They had all eaten earlier in the parks, and I was willing to save money by just eating some leftovers at home, so we just ordered a round of drinks. I didn't take notes, but I ordered a glass of wine, probably the Sauv Blanc from Marlborough, Marc got a coke (maybe diet), but Anita ended up drinking it because she got a the Tropical Shandy and didn't realize that it was ale based and she didn't like it one bit. I have no idea what Erica's cocktail on the right is.

x24DL0315DLR10.jpg

Remember I said that we were in a Breezeway, luckily they have these nice blankets for when patrons get cold. Evidently it happens often….Erica was happy to model so all you folks on the DIS could see the comfy little blanket.

x24DL0315DLR11.jpg

So after we finished our drinks, we all decided to head to our respective homes. Anita and Marc were packing it up back to Kansas the next day. And Erica and I had at least a half an hours drive home. I was glad to meet them and spend some more time with Anita and Marc.

What a fun way to watch the Oscars and then to meet up with Marc and Anita at the parks!

Jill in CO

I'm trying! :drinking1
:laughing: Yes you are!
Wait? Are you not living with your mom anymore?
Yes and no.
Anita and Marc actually arrived in Southern California on the day of the Oscars.
I used to watch them religiously, but... haven't for several years now.
Because I've had a super busy schedule this year,
You don't say! :faint:
Anita had invited me to meet up with a few of her friends from the Harvey's Handbag group,
Harvey's Handbag group? popcorn::
Erica opted out on the ride as she had to take a work call just as we were entering the queue.
Work should never intrude. I mean... is there a faster way to wreck the magic? I think not.
Some people know where the camera is!
Here’s a shot of the Matterhorn while we waited on the platform.
Nice shot. :)
As we suspected, there was a 90 minute wait,
Eep! No wonder you didn't go.
Once we became a part of four, the wait went down to 5 minutes and we were seated almost immediately.
That tracks. I'm sure there are plenty of 4-tops and not many larger tables... or two free tables that can be moved.
I took some pictures of the menu in case you were curious.
The beignets actually stuck out right now.
If you didn’t realize it, the name Palm Breeze bar is because it’s outside in a Breezeway, so it can get gusty at times.
Um... that sounds a bit... unpleasant?
Nice shot of the group, but... that planter is really interesting!
we just ordered a round of drinks.
No beignets???
Anita ended up drinking it because she got a the Tropical Shandy and didn't realize that it was ale based and she didn't like it one bit.
Heh. I wouldn't have had that problem since it also has rum in it.
Remember I said that we were in a Breezeway, luckily they have these nice blankets for when patrons get cold. Evidently it happens often…
Or... how about closing it off so patrons don't freeze?
She looks cozy, though. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter