The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread

It’s the giant Tiana picture in the living room of the 1 bedrooms…. I like the movie…. I like the character…. but I don’t want a full size painting of any character… especially a face character…. staring at me while I am eating or at my kids when they are sleeping…..
I own here and I hate the painting as well 😂 Still wish they would have picked something else

I own here and I hate the painting as well 😂 Still wish they would have picked something else
We are currently staying at VDH for the first time (in a studio) and my elementary aged children LOVE the room decor (we have Tiana theme)— I think the room design and layout are great as well, but am not as excited by Tiana as they are. Anyway, just wanted to report for anybody worried that there are no giant scary murals in the studios.

I haven’t stayed in the Disneyland Hotel in about 20 years and I am remembering why I preferred Paradise Pier— namely, that navigating the multiple towers and courtyard here is a little confusing. Having said that, we had a delightful cocktail post-park day at Trader’s Sams (shoutout to the walk-up waitlist in the DL app!) on the charming terrace, and love the abundance of outlets— looking forward to staying again after the monorail reopens.

Finally going home again today and excited to try out the duo garden for a couple of nights! I hope the plumbing issue I remembered reading about earlier has been fixed.
The view is great, and the balcony huge! Hope you have a great stay. We had the hot water issue, but hopefully that is rectified now.

Curious if anyone has been able to do a continuous stay w/cash and points while at VDH. Context -- we have a duo studio the first night and then are moving to a preferred view studio for 10 nights after that. We are flying at 7:00a out of MCO and will get to LAX around 9:30a. Figure with luck we'll be at VDH at 11:30a.

We are not going to the park the first afternoon, but instead are doing pride night. So, that means not getting back to the room until 1:00a or after. Having to take our bags to the bell services and get checked out of the first room before rope dropping that next day does not sound fun (first visit so knowing us we will not be sleeping in, but will rope drop DCA). We'd also like to have a room when we are ready to collapse from tiredness.

So, I didn't know if we could get a cash room through DVC the first night if they could put a note on both reservations for a continuous stay like they could at WDW.

happy to report that water is hot 😃
Husband showered (in a standard room on the second floor) last night, said that “the water wasn’t lukewarm but wasn’t quite as hot as I wanted it to be…my bigger issue was the water pressure.”

I only rinsed off briefly and didn’t notice anything but my only goal was to get in and out ASAP and I wasn’t washing my hair, which is when I really notice water pressure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter