The Magician on Crescent Lake. A sister TR 4/28-5/4/24, Update 5/23**

Following along! I love reading your trip reports and often travel with my sisters, so really interested in this one! Can't wait to find out the meaning of the "this can't be our room".

I'm here and caught up.

I love your reports and can't wait to read about how different this trip was.

Thanks for posting all the pictures. It's so good to "see" the people we hear so much about.

Always enjoy your TRs. Looking forward to reading about your adventures with your sisters .

Following along! I love reading your trip reports and often travel with my sisters, so really interested in this one! Can't wait to find out the meaning of the "this can't be our room".
Yay! :welcome: Coming up soon about the room situation ugh 😑
I'm here and caught up.

I love your reports and can't wait to read about how different this trip was.

Thanks for posting all the pictures. It's so good to "see" the people we hear so much about.
Yay! :welcome: This trip was very different but very enjoyable as well except for a few hiccups.
I thought I better show the non Disney folks once in awhile :rotfl:
Joining in!
Yay! :welcome:
Always enjoy your TRs. Looking forward to reading about your adventures with your sisters .
Following along!

Reactions: DLo
I'm in!!! And I can't wait to hear about the trip.

Loved the picture of the caramel rolls. There used to be a place close to the Cities that had GIANT caramel rolls. Like a dinner plate sized. I don't remember the name but I remember going there a few times in high school. Hmmm...

Are you getting any of the smoke from the Canadian wildfires? I forgot to ask my mom when I spoke with her yesterday.
There is a diner in Eagan that had HUGE cinnamon and caramel rolls. I wonder if that is the place you are thinking of.

The Magician on Crescent Lake

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to a new trip report!

My name is Caroline, I love traveling to Walt Disney World and writing about my experiences afterwords!

Here I am, an oldie but a goodie! This is one of my favorite pictures.
View attachment 858888
I am a RN with dreams of retiring in a few years to pursue more traveling and living part time in Florida! I live in Minnesota with my husband Joe, we have been married for almost 35 years! This year is our 35th wedding anniversary in December. It is crazy how time flies.

Here is a picture of my little family. Jack, Joe, me, and Andi.
View attachment 858892
We have two wonderful children! Jack is a molecular bio-engineer, smart guy! Joe and I do not quite understand what he does so we call him the research scientist guy!

He works for a German company and tests/measures microns in the air and his company works to improve pollution with sensors?? He is a published writer and also has his name on several patents related to his research! Right now he spends a fair amount of time traveling for work to Germany, France, and Texas. He is also a nerd 🤓 and loves Star Wars! He doesn’t like traveling to Disney much but his girlfriend, Amanda, wants to travel to Disney with us, so fingers crossed 🤞 he maybe joining us one of these days.

Andi is my sweet Disney loving daughter who has traveled with me many, many times and is featured in almost every
TR I have ever written. Her Disney knowledge is extensive!

Andi works from home, for a large law firm, as a Spanish speaking interpreter for clients at the firm.

She is definitely in high demand with her skills. She also can assist Italian and French clients. We are so proud of her! Joe and I did good 😊

This trip was a little different. Andi was not coming and neither was Joe or Jack, of course they weren’t haha 🤣

My two sisters would be joining me on this springtime adventure!

Here is a picture of my siblings. My brother John wouldn’t be coming with. He is a hoot and loves being the only brother!
View attachment 858886
My younger sister Helen (H) and my older sister Donna (D) would be on this trip.

Our dates 4/28-5/4/24.

D has traveled with me in 2022 and 2023 to Disney. She enjoys the trips and loves that I do all the planning. H has not been to Disney since 2013. She was excited to be back at WDW!

Here we are having fun!
View attachment 858893
View attachment 858894
A few trip stats

1. No Rope Dropping on this trip
  2. Hot weather the whole trip and no rain
  3. An unexpected resort change
  4. Wonderful food and drinks
  5. Average steps each day was 22,000, this is almost 10,000 less a day than Andi and I do. Slower paced trip!
  6. We never waited more than 20 minutes for a ride
  7. Genie+ and Fancy rides used almost every single day
  8. A wonderful tour on the Savanna
  9. A mix of crowds, lower at the beginning of the trip, more later in the trip
  10. Another cheerleading competition during our dates!
Stay tuned for our first travel day! Which was 4/27, D and I travel to H’s house.

Join me on a very fun filled adventure with some definite ups and downs!
Ok I love this! I am tearing up a little-my sister and I are taking our first ever girls trip-with our daughters-this fall and I am already emotional about it LOL! Seeing you with your sisters having so much fun has me even more excited!!! Following along!!!

Always been a lurker on your posts, but never commented! Looking forward to reading!
Yay! :welcome: Thank you for commenting and so glad you enjoy the reports!
Ok I love this! I am tearing up a little-my sister and I are taking our first ever girls trip-with our daughters-this fall and I am already emotional about it LOL! Seeing you with your sisters having so much fun has me even more excited!!! Following along!!!
Yay! :welcome: It was really fun to travel with my sisters and we really enjoyed ourselves and laughed together so much! I hope you have a wonderful trip with your sister and your daughters sounds amazing!🤩

“This can’t be our room”

Sunday 4/28/24, Disney Trip commences! I woke up at 4:30am and bought Genie+ for us. It cost $27.00 per person for a total of $86.28 with tax. Our plan was to leave the house by 5:50am. We all got ready and headed out on schedule. The traffic was very light and we were at the airport by 6:15am. Skycaps curbside check in was open so we used this service and it was super quick! :thumbsup2

Next was security with TSA precheck and again nice and quick. I don’t know if it is Minnesota nice or what but TSA agents in Minnesota are so much nicer than the crabby ones at the Orlando airport! :rotfl:

So all in, we were at our gate in like 20-25 minutes. We stopped at Dunkin Donuts and got coffee. I had an iced chai latte yum!

Soon it was time to board the plane. We had comfort plus, yay! We had a row to ourselves with ample leg room.

Our flight left right on time. We ordered a morning cocktail, what says I’m on vacation then a boozy drink in the early morning, 😂

The flight attendant told us a vodka cranberry is called a screw berry haha 🤣. We all ordered that. :drinking1
IMG_2024-05-17-061349.jpg
Helen wanted to sleep so I drank her screw berry!

I watched Disney’s Wish movie. I thought it was okay, not great but enjoyable. I also fell asleep 😴 through some of it. D watched Moana and she really liked it. She hadn’t seen it before.

Remember I was going to make a Remy selection at 7am well I did and got it for 2:00pm. I made another selection at 10am central time since Delta has Wi-Fi for Skymile members it was very easy.

I got MMRR at DHS for 4pm.

We had a few snacks with our drinks, you get a few more choices in Comfort +.

We landed at 1145 in Orlando, a few minutes early. :cheer2:

The airport was hopping, as usual, has anyone ever seen MCO quiet? In all my trips, I find this airport incredibly busy and somewhat disorganized compared to MSP.
IMG_2024-05-17-061412.jpg
We got off fairly quickly and headed onto the Fake o Rail. H was needing more coffee so when we got down to the baggage area I showed her where the Starbucks was one level below us. She found it, no problem!

A big plus for MCO our bags came off really quick. We all had used the restroom and headed outside for a rideshare.

I had bought Lyft gift cards at Target and saved 5% with my Target red card.

We got a Lyft XL with all our luggage. Our driver was Julio and with tip the cost was $56.09.
IMG_2024-05-17-061430.jpg
We arrived at Beach Club around 1pm. H has an eye condition and it requires a microwave for her treatment so I wanted to make sure this would be in our room. I had called at the 30 day mark to request this and I also asked for a full balcony room.
IMG_2024-05-17-061602.jpg
I talked with a CM upon arrival and asked about these requests. He said it wasn’t noted on the reservation and he would add this. Ugh 😑 This has been the case my last several resort stays. My requests are never noted. I asked if he knew our room number yet and he said no.

We gave our luggage to Bell Service, changed our clothes, and headed outside. It was beautiful out. We were really happy to be here.

Epcot here we come! It was really nice to walk there.

We entered the IG and it was beautiful to be home! I want to live in Epcot, can I? Security says no! Boo 😒
IMG_2024-05-17-061448.jpg
France was hopping as we made our way to Remy. We had a short wait in the LL and soon it was time to cook! Anyone can cook! H loved this ride. What a great start to her trip. D&I have both been on this ride before and really enjoyed it.
IMG_2024-05-17-061636.jpg
Once the ride was finished, we realized how hungry we were. A couple snacks on the plane had long ago wore off.

The F&G booth in France was very busy. We decided on
Les Halles. The line was long but it went fast.

We got three different items, a Diet Coke and The Frose.
IMG_2024-05-17-061505.jpg
Dinde B.L.T.
Turkey, Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato and Garlic Aioli

Croissant Jambon Fromage
Ham, Cheese and Béchamel in a Croissant

Pain Lard Fromage
Bacon and Cheese Roll

Frosé
Frozen Côtes de Provence Rosé, Vodka, Peach

Everything was delicious and we even found a small table with chairs, score!

The drink was so good. I liked it better than the Frose at WBG. This is a must for our September trip.

Why we haven’t eaten at Les Halles in a long time is a mystery, wow the food is amazing!

I had made another LL for TSM.

We decided to take the Skyliner over to HS. This was a fun ride and check out H’s Skyliner hair!
IMG_2024-05-17-061523.jpg
HS didn’t seem to crowded when we entered. It was time for MMRR, another short wait and a ride enjoyed by all.
IMG_2024-05-17-061620.jpg
TSM was next. I got best in vehicle!
IMG_2024-05-17-061544.jpg
I got an immediate LL for Aliens SS. This ride makes me giggle and my sisters really enjoyed it.

I made a ToT LL for around 8pm. Our plan was to head back to the resort get settled in and return to HS before closing to ride ToT and Rise.

We did get the room ready notice around 4pm and we took the boat back to the Beach Club!

Coming up, the room debacle which led to the need for a dirty martini extra dirty!! 🍸🍸

I talked with a CM upon arrival and asked about these requests. He said it wasn’t noted on the reservation and he would add this. Ugh 😑 This has been the case my last several resort stays. My requests are never noted.
How were you making your requests?
Why we haven’t eaten at Les Halles in a long time is a mystery, wow the food is amazing!
I love the ham and cheese croissant. It is a great place to get food. The only bad thing is the lack of tables.

You made really good use of your Genie+ choices. And your timing was spot on. :)

Do you have a Touring Plans subscription? I highly recommend their room request service. I used it for the April trip and got the EXACT room number I requested.

Hooray for a smooth travel day! We’re trying Comfort+ for our flight home from Orlando - I hope it doesn’t spoil me too much!

The airport was hopping, as usual, has anyone ever seen MCO quiet?

No. The answer is no. :laughing:

That’s too bad about your room requests - how strange they didn’t connect! I’m hopeful that ours went through as I did them both through David’s Vacation Club Rentals/DVC Member services (we rented points) and also a request through Touring Plans. Everything I’ve read indicates you can submit both of these requests without them cancelling each other out. I guess we’ll see!

Great job stacking the lightning lanes! You had a great lineup. I’m glad Remy was cooperating and you were able to get right on.

Your meal at Les Halles looks so good! I’ve never had a meal at Les Halles but have enjoyed plenty of tasty pastries there. They are always great!

Coming up, the room debacle which led to the need for a dirty martini extra dirty!! 🍸🍸

Oh dear. :sad2::scared:

You’re off to a great start. I always have a boozy drink at the airport to start the holiday off right 😂🥂
You’re doing great stacking the ll rides. Love your choices so far. Les Halles is a favourite place of ours for breakfast or lunch. The food there is so good. There always comes a point in our holidays where the boys want plain food and get the full baguette with butter. It hits the spot perfectly, I on the other hand make it my mission to try all the tasty treats in the cabinet 😋😁.
I’m beginning to wonder/worry just how bad your room was. Hope it didn’t spoil the first day.
H’s hair on the skyliner is hilarious 🤣

Last edited:
So awesome to do a sisters trip!

We tried Les Halle’s for the first time last trip for breakfast. The food truly is so good!! It is on our list from now on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter