The Magician on Crescent Lake. A sister TR 4/28-5/4/24, Update 5/23**

Why is this extra? Remember paper FPs? Free! Remember????
I know it is crazy how much extra all the free stuff is now! Ugh! Bring back free FP!
Love flying "plus"... don't often get to do it, but when I do...
I really do enjoy it and if the price is right I upgrade plus free booze, lol 😆
Remember Disney Magical Express?
Again free service no more, ugh 😩
Not cool.
Disney's customer service is just slipping more... and more... and...
I’m sad to say it really is slipping. The last few trips I have really noticed this and it makes me very sad! Remember when CMs always greeted you when you entered a park now they oftenignore you and just go through the motions. I have even see some on their phones and talking to each other but not the guests 🥲
haven't eaten there in forever... and like you, I don't know why!
Same The Les Halles two 👍 up! Yum! 😋
Must remember this.
Yes try the Frose delicious and guess what? No rum!!🍹
Ew... :crazy2:
Nope!
The balcony really was bad and the smell made it unbearable yuck 🤢
Less $$$? Yes, please!
I couldn’t believe they gave it to me for the AP price! That was nice!
Heard so much about this place. Really need to get there.
Really nice little lounge in YC, check it out!
That sounds really interesting.
The pictures not very nice but the cauliflower was delicious
Sorry to hear that you had to change resorts, but looks like it was worth it!
Thank you! I’m just happy it worked out and we were happy with the change!

I really do enjoy it and if the price is right I upgrade plus free booze, lol 😆
:laughing:
Again free service no more, ugh 😩
So many things… :sad2:
I have even see some on their phones and talking to each other but not the guests
Really??? That’s terrible. :(
Yes try the Frose delicious and guess what? No rum!!🍹
:thumbsup2
Really nice little lounge in YC, check it out!
You know…. I’m not sure, but… it’s possible that I’ve never even set foot in YC!

Wow! When I said I would be back to comment, I didn't realize it was going to be so much later! Been a busy couple of weeks.

This is one of my favorite pictures.
I can see why, it's a great picture of you.
we have been married for almost 35 years! This year is our 35th wedding anniversary in December. It is crazy how time flies.
How lucky for you to be able to spend such a long time with the one you love.
Joe and I did good 😊
Yes! It appears that you did very well.
Here is a picture of my siblings.
Nice looking bunch!
Average steps each day was 22,000, this is almost 10,000 less a day than Andi and I do. Slower paced trip!
Yikes! On my current TR, I think I hit 21,000 one of the days and that had me about dead!
Stay tuned for our first travel day! Which was 4/27, D and I travel to H’s house.
Yay for travel day!
Here is a picture, thanks to Tobies website of the caramel rolls!
Looks great, if I liked pecans...... 🙄
Amanda had just returned from Tokyo, Japan and got me one of my Starbucks mugs which I collect. I loved it.
Is that one of the "I was here" mugs that Jill and I looked all over Cairo to find? :laughing:
Our flight left right on time. We ordered a morning cocktail, what says I’m on vacation then a boozy drink in the early morning, 😂
Most definitely. Right now I'm relaxing at my parent's house, so I did not begin my travel day yesterday with a boozy drink, because going to the parents is different than vacation! 😂
I watched Disney’s Wish movie. I thought it was okay, not great but enjoyable.
I had the same thought, just kinda wished I'd waited to see it on Disney+ instead of paying for it in the theater.
We got a Lyft XL with all our luggage. Our driver was Julio and with tip the cost was $56.09.
So is this average for a rideshare trip to WDW? I've never taken a rideshare to Disney before.
Why we haven’t eaten at Les Halles in a long time is a mystery, wow the food is amazing!
That's what my Dad said when we brought my parent's there. We contemplated all sorts of places between DHS and Epcot and when we walked in to Les Halles, he was like, "why didn't we just come here in the first place?"
I asked the CM about moving to YC and it was doable, yay!

The cost would be $25.00 less than BC, not sure how because online the rooms were not discounted so they must have gave me the AP discount?? :cheer2:
Wow! That's great! I always stay DVC so YC is not somewhere I would consider, and weird that it was cheaper!
We walked over and the room was perfect. It was not too far from the lobby but not too close to be noisy. The microwave was there and our magic bands worked.
Yay for a good room!
D and I ordered a dirty martini “extra dirty” with a higher end vodka.
I approve of the higher end vodka, but not being a fan of olives, will pass on the "extra dirty" part. I prefer mine as a Gibson (with cocktail onions).

I never ask for a room by an elevator to noisy for us, we like a quiet area the most and of course a full balcony like 99.9% of everyone else. This is why I normally only book at YC because of the dumb balcony categories at BC.
First THRILLED to be reading another of your Trip Reports. Always a highlight.

Even though I'm old, I always request a room as far away from an elevator as possible. We stay at lot at BWV because It's my daughter's fave as we are very often travel companions and I request the FURTHEST room possible. Literally. As in practically on the sidewalk to HS. Love quiet areas.

Dinosaur 🦖 for the win! 🏆

We all slept well in our YC room. It was very quiet overnight. I got up first and bought Genie+, it cost $92.67 today for the 3 of us, most expensive day of the trip! I took a shower and at 7am I made a NRJ for 0920 or so I thought 🤫 and I purchased a FoP for 1100. This cost $51.12 for the 3 of us.

Everyone was up and ready to head out around 8:20am. We took a Lyft to AK and arrived at 8:43am.

I was looking forward to a wonderful AK morning.

Look who we saw when we walked in. Can you see her?
IMG_2024-05-22-185754.jpg
She is DeVine!
IMG_2024-05-22-185852.jpg
Can anyone guess our first stop? If you said Dino Land you are right! H needed to ride Dinosaur. The ride was a walk on, yay! H loved it and it wasn’t busy when the ride ended so we asked if we could go again and yes our whole jeep wanted to go again! So here we are x 2!
IMG_2024-05-22-190529.jpg
The ride was awesome! 😎
IMG_2024-05-22-190440.jpg
We took a few pictures in an empty Dino Land.

IMG_2024-05-22-190239.jpg
IMG_2024-05-22-190358.jpg
It was time to head towards Pandora. We saw Rafiki and Timon cruising by!
IMG_2024-05-22-190648.jpg
We got to NRJ, tapped in and we got a blue Mickey, what? :confused3

Well apparently, I made a Kali River LL not Navi River, oh boy, dumb move on my part. The CM had no sympathy and basically said to bad so sad 😞 I modified Kali to The Safari for right now.

We headed to the Safari and had a nice trip! We didn’t see the new baby elephant. I really wanted to see her, oh well. We saw a male elephant, rhinos 🦏 and the lions 🦁 were moving about. The goats were on “vacation” not sure where they were. I hope the lions didn’t get them! 😂
IMG_2024-05-23-062322.jpg
IMG_2024-05-23-062233.jpg
IMG_2024-05-23-062407.jpg
During the ride, I got a NRJ for 2:30pm and I kept fiddling and was able to move it up to 1:20pm.

We spent some time in Africa looking around and enjoying the atmosphere before heading back to Pandora.

It was time for our FoP LL. I was excited for H to ride this. She had never been 9before.

Verdict? She really enjoyed it but did feel a little queasy at times.

We were in the theater on the second level and I do think the ride is a little more intense up there.

I mobile ordered from Satuli in the pre show and hit I am here when we finished the ride.

Yummy Lunch with a green beer 🍺 in the next post.

We found a table outside at Satuli and soon our food was ready.

H and D got the kids bowl

Chopped Wood-Grilled Chicken Bowl

Wood-Grilled Chicken marinated with Garlic and Olive Oil topped with Crunchy Vegetable Slaw and served with your choice of Base and small Dasani® Bottled Water or Lowfat Milk. They both had salad as the base and the creamy herb dressing.

I went with the kids hot dog 🌭

"Teylu" All-Beef Hot Dog Wrapped in Dough

All-Beef Hot Dog wrapped in a Parker House Dough served with Vegetable Chips and a Cuties® Mandarin with Small DASANI® Bottled Water or Lowfat Milk. I had double vegetable chips and a Diet Coke.

We shared the dessert

Blueberry Cream Cheese Mousse

Blueberry Cream Cheese Mousse with Passion Fruit Curd
IMG_2024-05-23-184507.jpg
Hawkes' Grog Ale

20-oz Draft - Fruity Hop with notes of Apricot and Peach

IMG_2024-05-23-184553.jpg
This beer is crisp, tasty, and perfect with our meal.

Our meal was delicious and it was nice to relax for a while.

Our table was in the shade and a perfect spot to people watch.

I noticed that many people bring their own food to the parks. I would take Satuli food over PB&J any day 🥪

We took a few more pictures as we walked out towards the front of the park.
IMG_2024-05-23-185455.jpg

We spent some time in the gift shops and watched the band playing across from Flame Tree. They were singing my favorite song from Moana. How far I’ll go! I love this song so much! We watched some cute little girls dancing with the singers, it was priceless! Another reason I love AK so much!

We decided to do A Bugs Life. Everyone really enjoyed this and Hopper was back and working!
IMG_2024-05-23-184705.jpg
I was able to make another LL at some point and got us Remy for in the evening. :thumbsup2

We walked around the Tree of Life in the back area and really enjoyed looking at the carvings.

IMG_2024-05-23-194314.jpg
It was finally time for our LL on NRJ.
IMG_2024-05-23-184905.jpg
H really enjoyed this ride and we all loved seeing the Shaman animatronic she is really amazing to watch.

This slow moving boat ride is very relaxing and I would pick this 100x before Kali so not sure how I made that mistake.
Photo Pass Pictures
IMG_2024-05-22-190858.jpg

IMG_2024-05-22-190827.jpg
IMG_2024-05-23-184953.jpg
IMG_2024-05-23-185034.jpg

It was time to head back to the resort and rest some. We had a big night ahead of us at Epcot! We decided on a Lyft again since it is so easy and quick!

Coming up soon! A wonderful evening at Epcot with our best dining experience of the trip!

Last edited:
Sounds like a nice morning at AK even with the ride faux pas. I’m the opposite of you as I’d rather do kali than navi but really enjoy them both. Your food looks great- those kids meals are great value. Somehow the idea of 3 kids meals and a couple beers had me laughing :rotfl:

We all slept well in our YC room. It was very quiet overnight.
I wonder if it would've been noisy at BC right beside the smelly air exchanger/conditioner.
I got up first and bought Genie+, it cost $92.67 today for the 3 of us, most expensive day of the trip!
:sad2:
Too much.
I purchased a FoP for 1100. This cost $51.12 for the 3 of us.
Yikes! So almost $150 extra for the day! That's about the same price as a one day ticket!
I'm so glad to see she's still there! She's wonderful! :goodvibes
H needed to ride Dinosaur.
Just H, huh?

:rolleyes1
it wasn’t busy when the ride ended so we asked if we could go again and yes our whole jeep wanted to go again! So here we are x 2!
Of course you did! But fun that the whole car did it again. :)

I was laughing at the 3 young ladies behind you. Oblivious to the camera in the first shot and mugging for it in the second.
IMG_2024-05-22-190358.jpg
Never seen this shot before. :)
Well apparently, I made a Kali River LL not Navi River, oh boy, dumb move on my part.
Whoops!
We didn’t see the new baby elephant.
Already a stealth expert at such a young age.
The goats were on “vacation” not sure where they were. I hope the lions didn’t get them! 😂
You got a lion on the move! I didn't think that was possible! Nice shot!
It was time for our FoP LL. I was excited for H to ride this. She had never been 9before.

Verdict? She really enjoyed it but did feel a little queasy at times.
Too bad about the queasy. I know some people react like that. But glad she enjoyed it nevertheless.
We were in the theater on the second level and I do think the ride is a little more intense up there.
I didn't know that. I'd have to ride it a lot more to find that out. Huh!
Chopped Wood-Grilled Chicken Bowl
Heh.
I don't want any chopped wood with my grilled chicken. Can I get it without?

:rolleyes:
Of course. :)
I need to try that some day.
Not a beer drinker, but it sure does look surprisingly interesting.
I noticed that many people bring their own food to the parks. I would take Satuli food over PB&J any day 🥪
Yeah... well, when you have to add on $150 to your already expensive vacation... I can see why some people do.
We spent some time in the gift shops and watched the band playing across from Flame Tree. They were singing my favorite song from Moana. How far I’ll go! I love this song so much!
:goodvibes
We watched some cute little girls dancing with the singers, it was priceless!
Awww. :)
We decided to do A Bugs Life. Everyone really enjoyed this and Hopper was back and working!
Oh, good. Gotta make sure the kids scream, ya know.
It was finally time for our LL on NRJ.
I was wondering if maybe you'd made another LL for Kali. :laughing:
This slow moving boat ride is very relaxing and I would pick this 100x before Kali so not sure how I made that mistake.
The two rides are just slightly different.
Nice shot of all of you. :)
Coming up soon! A wonderful evening at Epcot with our best dining experience of the trip!
oohhh... I wonder where dinner will be? I you don't mind spendy, I can think of at least two places that you might have gone.

If you said Dino Land you are right! H needed to ride Dinosaur. The ride was a walk on, yay! H loved it and it wasn’t busy when the ride ended so we asked if we could go again and yes our whole jeep wanted to go again! So here we are x 2!
Dino Land must be dead at rope drop. Everyone has different plans. ;)
We headed to the Safari and had a nice trip! We didn’t see the new baby elephant.
The baby might have been hiding at the back of the exhibit. We saw a baby elephant when we did the Caring for Giants tour. The baby was only visible from the tour area.
I got a NRJ for 2:30pm and I kept fiddling and was able to move it up to 1:20pm.
They only time I bought Genie+ I was surprised at how easy it was to move the rides to better times.
We found a table outside at Satuli and soon our food was ready.
Your food looks good. We never seem to stay at AK long enough to eat lunch there. ;)

We all slept well in our YC room. It was very quiet overnight.
That's good! I'm finding as I get older that I don't sleep as well in strange places (meaning not my own bed.)
I got up first and bought Genie+, it cost $92.67 today for the 3 of us, most expensive day of the trip!
Yikes! At least the cost was split three ways.
it wasn’t busy when the ride ended so we asked if we could go again and yes our whole jeep wanted to go again! So here we are x 2!
Nice! I've only had that happen one time.....
Well apparently, I made a Kali River LL not Navi River, oh boy, dumb move on my part.
Big difference between those two rides!
The CM had no sympathy and basically said to bad so sad 😞 I modified Kali to The Safari for right now.
You'd think they could at least be a tiny bit accommodating. :headache:
During the ride, I got a NRJ for 2:30pm and I kept fiddling and was able to move it up to 1:20pm.
Well at least you were able to get it.
I mobile ordered from Satuli in the pre show and hit I am here when we finished the ride.
Smart!

"Teylu" All-Beef Hot Dog Wrapped in Dough
OK, now that's something I would possibly eat from there!
I haven't done that show in years! And now it's gone from DCA, well it was gone a long time ago. Long before they scrapped Bug's Land.
Absolutely! I don't care for rides where you will 100% get wet!
Photo Pass Pictures
You ladies got some very cute ones! :goodvibes

Beautiful! I didn't know she was out so early in the morning.

So here we are x 2!

Of course!

I love how everyone is making this a very interesting photo.

We didn’t see the new baby elephant. I really wanted to see her, oh well. We saw a male elephant,

I think the only elephant we saw was way in the distance.

This all looks so good.

Photo Pass Pictures

Great photos of all 3 of you.

We all slept well in our YC room. It was very quiet overnight. I got up first and bought Genie+, it cost $92.67 today for the 3 of us, most expensive day of the trip! I took a shower and at 7am I made a NRJ for 0920 or so I thought 🤫 and I purchased a FoP for 1100. This cost $51.12 for the 3 of us.
Oh my goodness, an extra $150 USD for a LL and Genie+. That's so expensive!!
I love Devine!
Can anyone guess our first stop? If you said Dino Land you are right! H needed to ride Dinosaur. The ride was a walk on, yay! H loved it and it wasn’t busy when the ride ended so we asked if we could go again and yes our whole jeep wanted to go again! So here we are x 2!
Great pictures!
::yes::
Wood-Grilled Chicken marinated with Garlic and Olive Oil topped with Crunchy Vegetable Slaw and served with your choice of Base and small Dasani® Bottled Water or Lowfat Milk. They both had salad as the base and the creamy herb dressing.
This is a great meal!
I still haven't tried that beer. Will add it to the list for August. :)
We spent some time in the gift shops and watched the band playing across from Flame Tree. They were singing my favorite song from Moana. How far I’ll go! I love this song so much! We watched some cute little girls dancing with the singers, it was priceless! Another reason I love AK so much!
Aww, I love that song too!
We walked around the Tree of Life in the back area and really enjoyed looking at the carvings.
It's the best!
It was time to head back to the resort and rest some. We had a big night ahead of us at Epcot! We decided on a Lyft again since it is so easy and quick!
You are queen of the Lyft!

With how much work it takes to buy Genie, look at times, hunt down the attractions, and select the party members, I'm surprised we all don't have more stories about picking the wrong ride. Sorry that happened and glad to hear you managed to squeeze in the ride before leaving the park.

Satu'li is the best. :goodvibes I've never tried the hot dog before, but I've read about it on your reports for so long that I really want to next time I'm there.
That Ale is so refreshing on a DAK day!

Glad you were able to get 2 rides on Dinosaur in. I know it's going to be a sad day for you when it closes.

Following along and all caught up now! I love a sisters trip!

I watched Disney’s Wish movie. I thought it was okay, not great but enjoyable.
I still haven't watched Wish but have listened to some of the music on our Disney playlist with my daughters and not as into those as much as other Disney music just yet.
We walked over and the room was perfect. It was not too far from the lobby but not too close to be noisy. The microwave was there and our magic bands worked.
I'm so glad you were able to move and ended up with a great room!
Well apparently, I made a Kali River LL not Navi River, oh boy, dumb move on my part. The CM had no sympathy and basically said to bad so sad 😞
Oops, well that's a bummer :( Glad you got to ride it later.
Hawkes' Grog Ale

20-oz Draft - Fruity Hop with notes of Apricot and Peach
I saw a meme recently about green beer at Disney and didn't know what that was referencing - that looks and sounds good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter