The Gulf State Park Tradition...

Which week seems to work best in 2025?

• May 23rd to May 29th (Memorial day weekend and following week)

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • May 30th to June 5th

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • June 6th to June 12th

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • June 13th to June 19th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • June 20th to June 26

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • June 27th to July 3rd

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Remember you can book up to 14 days on a reservation but you will have to prepay in FULL when you book.
I was looking at May 2025 to see how far some of the preferred sites are booking. Right now, there is only 1 site (17) on Sumac/Live Oak that is book through Memorial weekend 2025.

1715561153652.png

I think I will probably book the 14 days that end on June 7 as soon as I can and shoot for something on the tree side of Live Oak.

I'm sure Memorial weekend will be booked by the time it opens up for me to book through the 7th, but I'll start checking at midnight on the 24th. I'm good with any of 10 or 12 sites, so I should be ok.

j

I was looking at May 2025 to see how far some of the preferred sites are booking. Right now, there is only 1 site (17) on Sumac/Live Oak that is book through Memorial weekend 2025.

View attachment 858913

Well, yeah.

Today 5/12 can book out to 5/26 (14 days) which is a Monday next year.

That's the way it works as I said.

Southerners start their school calendars to start in August because they want to get out of school before Memorial Day weekend.

So booking that time of year is difficult because everyone's school calendar around here is over/out then. You're not just swimming against the waves - you're swimming against a RIPTIDE!

It is what it is.

Me

Last edited:
I'm not focusing heavy, but I have grown a fondness of the canal pull through sites so I am really fine with anything on that end around the bathouse, loop on Live Oak, or Canal. I'm just ready to see some familiar faces again.

Likely will do similar to Jim and grab 2 weeks to secure and then trim days as time gets closer and I really figure out what fits us best. I got burned once before planning on coming in on the Thursday before memorial day and and our county schools opted for a week later ending date of school year and messed us up.

Heck guys, we've done Dismeet dinners on Live Oak, Sumac, Bobcat, and Bear Road. Food was just as good and entertainment was perfect.

I'm am toying with 7/8 days at GSP and a couple of days in Laurel, MS either at the front or back end. I'm an HGTV addict and I have wanted to visit some of the places on the shows. Home Town is based in Laurel and that is sort of on the way to GSP if I take the western route down I-55.

Might even plan a stop in Meridian. :)

j

If Meridian, you can camp in the deep country on my place under my pole barn with 50 amp hookup. Little detour off I20, but if I can get Randy and his Peterbilt with 53 foot trailer out here I can get you here too.

I'm not focusing heavy, but I have grown a fondness of the canal pull through sites so I am really fine with anything on that end around the bathouse, loop on Live Oak, or Canal. I'm just ready to see some familiar faces again.

What do you like about the canal sites, Michael?

What do you like about the canal sites, Michael?
I landed one of them last year on a weekend run, was only thing open on short notice. The DW and DDs like the beach, and we always use the one located in middle of GSP. The bike ride from Canal was so short it was a lot easier getting all their gear (3 women with 2 umbrellas, cooler, kites, chairs). Easiest haul I've had. However, it was QUIET...very few passing through cars, folks walking by at night talking, and cool breeze from off the lake. I also found I felt safer with kids riding bikes in that area. Oh yeah, they're pull through, so nobody judging your backing up skills

Granted, NO SHADE, so in high summer not so sure.

I have it as our stopping area when we head down on Memorial Day this year for the week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter