The great waiting game....MRI of Brain - final update

So I'm thrilled to say that the pathology report has come in and the meningioma is a grade 1 meningioma, also analyzed to be at the low end of the low end of likelihood of recurrence.

There's only one question the nurse practitioner couldn't answer at my appointment when she removed my staples and that was something about rare nucleoli in the cells. I've got my follow up at the end of the month with the surgeon so I'll ask him then.

The plan now is a surveillance MRI at 3 months, 6 months and 1 year, then yearly after for 10 years.

Thank you to everyone for letting me share this with you. I know how supportive the DIS community is and I'm glad to have extra support behind me in what has been one of the more stressful times of my life.

Now for the fun stuff...my daughter graduates high school in a few weeks and is obsessed with Stitch. So I made a gift box for her of all things Stitch. She's going to go nuts. It has: a journal that says "Stitch is my spirit animal"; graduation plush Stitch, a spiral straw with Stitch, a Stitch night light, 2 different sweatshirts, a Keychain, a pin that says "cute but cheeky"; Stitch pajama pants, Stitch socks, a tote bag and I'm sure there's something else but I can't remember.

Her birthday is a few weeks after, so I'm working on what to do for that...right now I know she wants me to make an evil minion cake...the last time I made a minion cake for her it looked like one of those baking competitions where things go horribly awry. She loved it and it's given us a lot of laughs, so I know that's what matters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter