The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

I’ll be staying here in a few weeks and I have some random questions…
1. What’s the number to call to request a certain Tower? We’re staying standard and driving, so it looks like Fantasy is the most convenient?
2. How frequent is Mousekeeping? Our last few times at WDW, it was very sporadic (like once in a 5 night stay). I really need coffe replenished. 🥹
3. It looks like I don’t want to take the monorail in the AM, but leaving and returning for a break, is the monorail a good choice?
4. Is there a good spot to watch fireworks from the resort?

1. What’s the number to call to request a certain Tower? We’re staying standard and driving, so it looks like Fantasy is the most convenient?
2. How frequent is Mousekeeping? Our last few times at WDW, it was very sporadic (like once in a 5 night stay). I really need coffe replenished. 🥹
3. It looks like I don’t want to take the monorail in the AM, but leaving and returning for a break, is the monorail a good choice?
We had a standard view in fantasy tower and could see the fireworks from our room!

1. I just google the phone number for DLR and call. When you get to options, pick 'reservations' and tell the CM what you'd like. I personally like Adventure Tower but Fantasy is also nice. It tends to be busier as it's the main tower and where the registration desk is located.
2. We had Mousekeeping every day unless we put out the Do Not Disturb sign, which we sometimes do as we don't need our room cleaned daily.
3. The monorail is not going to get you into DL as quickly as walking if you're looking to rope drop. Otherwise, it's a nice option unless the line is really long.
4. A lot of the rooms in Fantasy (non-pool side) and Adventure (DTD side) have good views of the fireworks, especially on the uppermost floors. I think Frontier has some rooms on the upper floor(s) facing the pool that would have fireworks views but I'm not positive.

Is there anywhere at DLH that sells small food items for the villas like they have at GCH or WDW? Like packages of bagels, milk etc? Thanks.

Just do instacart. I wasnt going to be paying $4.50a water bottle at craftsman grill shop at GC.
We got yogurt and a bunch if drinks delivered right before we arrived.
Awesome idea. How did you get it delivered before you arrived? Does the front desk hold it for you? Did you just use the Disneyland hotel address? Thanks!

Awesome idea. How did you get it delivered before you arrived? Does the front desk hold it for you? Did you just use the Disneyland hotel address? Thanks!

We've done food and water orders every time we have gone. It is pretty easy and your order is held at Bell Services for you. Just know that if you have alcohol in your order, you have to be there and show ID, the hotel will not accept it for you.

If you call, the CM will make a new booking and process a payment transfer from your old reservation to the new reservation (and you'll pay the difference). It's basically cancelling and rebooking, so you might as well do it yourself (usually faster).
I did this today and they said it takes 24 hours for the payment to transfer. Is that about normal? Now I’m just watching and waiting ha

We're staying at DLH in June. I just saw this post about the current DLH security entrance closing tomorrow as this new one has opened. We've never visited Disneyland before so I don't really understand where this new entrance is in relation to the current one? Any insights?

I don't know where this entrance is either, I read one post that it was closer to the Frontier tower. I'm also staying at the DLH at the end of June and I'm kind of annoyed to just be learning that the security entrance is closing. Seems like something they should have given warning for for hotel guests. I'm hoping it doesn't make for a longer walk or longer lines for those of us staying at the DLH.

If someone is going soon will you post your experience with the new security entrances for Downtown Disney? I am wondering where and how the new entrance will work for Disneyland Hotel guests.
I have been watching a few Tik ToK and YouTube shorts but still am uncertain. Thanks Moorish for the heads up!

If someone is going soon will you post your experience with the new security entrances for Downtown Disney? I am wondering where and how the new entrance will work for Disneyland Hotel guests.
I have been watching a few Tik ToK and YouTube shorts but still am uncertain. Thanks Moorish for the heads up!
Would love this information as well. Especially as it relates to Early Entry and how congested that is early in the morning. I may end up switching the GCH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter