Still Moving People at Boardwalk Villas

I left yesterday and the area surrounding that last wing by the quiet pool had the barricade come down (outside on the lawn). I actually saw someone sitting on one of the 2nd floor balconies in that wing facing the quiet pool. 4th floor still had that hallways blocked off, but didn't check the other floors.

on another note - we had a 2 bd std for 2 nights (only there for the weekend). Friday night around 10pm, we found the bathroom light in the studio portion wasn't working. called maintenance, turned out there was a short somewhere in the system and it took most of the electrical outlets in the studio down. BWV gave us another studio for that portion of our party (which sucked because we booked a 2-bd 11 months ago for a family weekend and were all separated anyway. :sad: ).
Was told by the maintenance folks that a lot of corners were cut during renovation - the hotel is STILL waiting for the contractor to give them the electrical schematics of the wiring, some of it is wrong and not following what they expected. Our member fees at work :crazy2:
BWV did fix the issue promptly the next day, but since we were only there 2 nights to begin with, the kids had left their bags in the living room and it removed some of the magic. Hopefully nobody else has this kind of drama in the new renovated rooms!!!
The doors on both end of that wing are blocked. We are near the door that is blocked. We’re here for 2 weeks. We finally saw some workers enter that unfinished wing today. Maybe I can update by the end of the trip.

The doors on both end of that wing are blocked. We are near the door that is blocked. We’re here for 2 weeks. We finally saw some workers enter that unfinished wing today. Maybe I can update by the end of the trip.
What floor are you on? Does it seem like only some floors are blocked and others finished/open?

I have a two-day one bedroom p/g view stay less than two weeks out, while I don't normally check in this early was wondering if it might reduce chances of being bumped if they are still doing so. I don't know how they are determining when/who to bump and if being checked in early is a good or bad thing. Has anyone been bumped after they checked in online? Sounds like it's a moving target day to day with rooms being completed.

I have a two-day one bedroom p/g view stay less than two weeks out, while I don't normally check in this early was wondering if it might reduce chances of being bumped if they are still doing so. I don't know how they are determining when/who to bump and if being checked in early is a good or bad thing. Has anyone been bumped after they checked in online? Sounds like it's a moving target day to day with rooms being completed.
I don’t think online checkin has anything to do with room assignments, including getting bumped. And I agree that it’s a moving target day to day as rooms are completed.

I do think length of stay and number of villas in a given category are important. IMHO a short stay (one night) is probably more likely to be moved, but having a P/G view villa, of which there are many, reduces the likelihood of being bumped.

Good luck!

I left yesterday and the area surrounding that last wing by the quiet pool had the barricade come down (outside on the lawn). I actually saw someone sitting on one of the 2nd floor balconies in that wing facing the quiet pool. 4th floor still had that hallways blocked off, but didn't check the other floors.

on another note - we had a 2 bd std for 2 nights (only there for the weekend). Friday night around 10pm, we found the bathroom light in the studio portion wasn't working. called maintenance, turned out there was a short somewhere in the system and it took most of the electrical outlets in the studio down. BWV gave us another studio for that portion of our party (which sucked because we booked a 2-bd 11 months ago for a family weekend and were all separated anyway. :sad: ).
Was told by the maintenance folks that a lot of corners were cut during renovation - the hotel is STILL waiting for the contractor to give them the electrical schematics of the wiring, some of it is wrong and not following what they expected. Our member fees at work :crazy2:
BWV did fix the issue promptly the next day, but since we were only there 2 nights to begin with, the kids had left their bags in the living room and it removed some of the magic. Hopefully nobody else has this kind of drama in the new renovated rooms!!!
Wonder why they cut so many corners? Disney is not paying for this. How does that benefit them? But, hey, I believe you.

Wonder why they cut so many corners? Disney is not paying for this. How does that benefit them? But, hey, I believe you.
I'm not sure if it was Disney cutting corners or the contractors completing the work.

The maintenance folks pulled off the bathroom exhaust fan while trying to troubleshoot the circuit - and it was covered in almost an inch of dirt. really really gross. You'd think the renovations would include them cleaning up something like that...

An Update -I was the original poster on this issue back on April 4. We just returned from our week at WDW. We were moved from a 1 bedroom Boardwalk View to a room at the Yacht Club and enjoyed our stay. Yes, we missed our living room and kitchen but the monetary compensation paid for breakfast each day and our most important need was to stay in the EPCOT area because my husband uses an ECV and our primary purpose for this visit was the Flower and Garden Show. Transportation to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios for him was an easy ECV ride and I followed on the boat. The entire section of the Boardwalk on the side closest to what was the Red River Grill is covered with scaffolding and there were many workers first removing siding, then placing insulation board, another layer (I'm not up on what construction material would go next) and then this morning before we left they were applying black something (tar or paint?) to the waves on the very top of the building. The rest of the floors had all of the insulation layer done. There are pallets of siding waiting on the pavement. They worked every one of the 7 days we were there, even Sunday. I hope someone will soon report that they are finished. By the way there were only one or two workers on only one or two of our 7 days at the Cake and Bake Shop. I just wish that we had honest and definite information on why the work was necessary after the renovation of these rooms was already finished, (We stayed there in January). It just seems silly that we have to speculate about it. And I feel compassion for the cast members on the phone at DVC that have to move people around weeks before their planned vacation.

An Update -I was the original poster on this issue back on April 4. We just returned from our week at WDW. We were moved from a 1 bedroom Boardwalk View to a room at the Yacht Club and enjoyed our stay. Yes, we missed our living room and kitchen but the monetary compensation paid for breakfast each day and our most important need was to stay in the EPCOT area because my husband uses an ECV and our primary purpose for this visit was the Flower and Garden Show. Transportation to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios for him was an easy ECV ride and I followed on the boat. The entire section of the Boardwalk on the side closest to what was the Red River Grill is covered with scaffolding and there were many workers first removing siding, then placing insulation board, another layer (I'm not up on what construction material would go next) and then this morning before we left they were applying black something (tar or paint?) to the waves on the very top of the building. The rest of the floors had all of the insulation layer done. There are pallets of siding waiting on the pavement. They worked every one of the 7 days we were there, even Sunday. I hope someone will soon report that they are finished. By the way there were only one or two workers on only one or two of our 7 days at the Cake and Bake Shop. I just wish that we had honest and definite information on why the work was necessary after the renovation of these rooms was already finished, (We stayed there in January). It just seems silly that we have to speculate about it. And I feel compassion for the cast members on the phone at DVC that have to move people around weeks before their planned vacation.
I’m glad y’all had an enjoyable stay despite being moved. I’m sure DVC wishes they had been able to coordinate the interior refurb with the exterior work on that section of the facade. It has really messed up a lot of reservations.

I was there last week, they were also working on the exterior of Boardwalk Inn, side facing the driveway. I assumed exterior updates is part of the renovation.

On the exterior of the BW view rooms they had OSB (partical board) and pallets of cement fiber board on the ground. That section may become siding as opposed to stucco.

Through the years when DVC has shuffled guests to other resorts I’ve seen reports of DVC contacting the owner who’s rented out the points & I’ve also seen reports of DVC contacting the non owner who rented the points, so who knows what they’re doing this time 🤷‍♀️.
I rented points in February and was called at WL to be moved to club level. I assume they contact the primary guest.

I rented points in February and was called at WL to be moved to club level. I assume they contact the primary guest.
If you had already checked in, then they would contact you at that point. It’s prior to the reservation that the owner should be contacted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter