Springtime Surprise Weekend 2024 (April 18-21)

Springtime Surprise 2024 Report
Part 2 - Shifted schedules, our hearts are together

When DH probability of « I might go with you at Disney » went over 50%, we discussed priorities. Of course, my main reason, euh excuse, was running very early three mornings in a row. So we agreed that our schedules might shift apart and that it was ok not to be together all the time.

On Wednesday, we did not set our alarm but I was awake super early and wanted to rope drop AK. This way, I rode FoP, Navy and Everest before DH joined me at 9AM for the classic photoshoot in front of the Tree of Life. The animals and the safari were stupendous this morning!
IMG_5727.jpeg

I then surprised DH by entering Nomad’s lounge: It had been 20 years since he last had real churros (he cannot eat gluten), exquisite moment. The birds at the show were less cooperative but that was funny. A bowl at Satuli’s Canteen and the Nemo show completed this excellent, truly Disneyesque, morning at AK.

We went back for swimming at the resort. Through our stay, housekeeping left me a All Star medal, a thank you note for choosing them for the runDisney weekend and a Springtime Surprise magnet on the door. I suspect that the magnet was partly as a reminder that someone might be napping at strange hours… Which I did.

I got ready and found DH sleeping at the pool. I left him there and left for Epcot to ride GotG. By the time I was done, DH was already at the concert. We skylined to HS for a Fantasmic show. I was really touched by being pixie dusted a Mickey Bar for my MU dress (from last year’s 10k), I worked so hard to make it and got many compliments!
1715712843172.jpeg

Thursday… One could think that I would be reasonable and use my last chance to sleep in, but I can’t do that, I am at Disney. Anyway, that’s how we 7DMT, BTMRR, Jungle Cruise, watch, shop etc. before our Tron BG. For some reason there is a lot of delays on our track but we eventually rode it, first row and DH loved it. Sadly, it was his first and last time. Add to the list of rides that make him motion sick (dizziness and headache). The boat to WL didn’t help. It was our second time at Whispering Canyon and he was in that state the last time too, in 2016. We picked two different AYCE skillets, both GF, and highly recommend them.

DH went to rest and I went to the Expo. I started at the runDisney merchandise building (with my VQ) and bought something! A little blue purse. After I got my bib, I posed with the characters and browsed the rest of the expo.
1715712913477.jpeg
Of course, while I could still be awake enough to enjoy it, we went back to MK to see the fireworks 🤩

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter