***Official Planning Thread -DECEMBER 2024 - Welcome all!***

I really hope so. I can’t plan my days until I know whether or not Jollywood Nights is coming back and the suspense is killing
Did you go to Jollywood Nights last year? I’d love your opinion on it (and anyone else’s on this thread that’s been there!). I’ll read some threads from last year too but any thoughts you have would be helpful! We will be two couples attending… no kiddos.

We haven't been in December since 2015, this year we be there Nov 29th till Dec 6th. I know its just the beginning of December but super excited to once again see all the decorations. Split stay at AKL and Poly.

Welcome! Added to list.

We will be early December also, hopefully better crowds than later in the month!

Did you go to Jollywood Nights last year? I’d love your opinion on it (and anyone else’s on this thread that’s been there!). I’ll read some threads from last year too but any thoughts you have would be helpful! We will be two couples attending… no kiddos.
We have never been. This will be a first for us if they have it again this year. 😊

Hello, all :wave2:. Count us in for December 15-21 at POFQ. Our first time staying at this resort and we are super excited. Where does everyone eat supper before MVMCP? Curious to see what others do. Looking for a table service. Thanks and happy planning! :banana:

Welcome! Added to list.

This will be our first Christmas Party, but for Halloween parties we always ate a late lunch and then snacked at the party.
Our plan will be the same for Christmas Party. Staying at AKL so will probably sleep in, lounge at pool, have late lunch at Sanaa, then head to MK after 4.

Not the OP, but my sister and I went last year in early December, so a good few parties in. We slightly lowered our expectations since there were so many complaints after those first few parties so that may have influenced our experience but we had a really great time and we’re really hoping they bring it back with the slight improvements they need to make!

I think it’s definitely more fun as adults, especially if you don’t need to stop and see characters. Admittedly, we did wait for Powerline Max, how could we not! And that was our longest wait, probably around 35-40mins. We didn’t prioritize rides (I think we rode ToT twice) but I heard rides were basically walk-on, or near to, for most of the night, which sounds amazing if that’s how you want to spend the night. You really just have to enjoy the atmospheres they created. The Latin music quarter was so good and I saw so many just walking right past without stopping and enjoying the live music and talent. The Tip Top Club was amazing (didn’t love where they placed it, but the singer and band were incredible).

Definitely some things needed to be worked on and I’m hopefully they heard all the criticism and fix what they have to, but I think it was so different from any other after hours party/event it was so worth it for us and we definitely want to do it again!

I'm not familiar with all of the hotel abbreviations, so I'm just adding exactly as you guys type it. 😄

If you need me to change something, just let me know!

I’ve got first week of December as well - split between BCV and VWL/BRV resorts - I will be doing MVMCP and maybe Jollywood -
Just in case - VWL/BRV is Boulder Ridge Villas at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge (as opposed to Copper Creek) and BCV is Beach Club Villas - both part of Disney Vacation Club

Last edited:
Spending some time daydreaming at work, so I'm just going to ramble to you guys.

We arrive night before at MCO late, so we are staying there. Heading to AKL around 10 am. Will be just the two of us first day, with others joining us the next day. We will be there 9 nights total, so a lot of time to see things. AK and then MK are our favorite parks. But we love them all.

First day thoughts (Tuesday):

Plan 1 - drop off bags, go to MK (will be a party day so possibly slow), go back to hotel to check in/relax and then head to Epcot at night. This is dependent though, if Epcot has deluxe extra hours on Wednesday, maybe we'd save Epcot for that night. But if Jollywood Nights is on Wednesday....i need dates!
Plan 2 - drop off bags, go to MK, go to hotel, then do AK at night (but probably closes early).
Plan 3 - drop off bags (sense a pattern? ) go to AK (surprise!), back to hotel and then to Disney Springs to see all the Christmas Trees, shop and grab some dinner at Polite Pig (never been there). Thinking it will be a Tuesday, probably not so crowded.

All I know is Wednesday morning we plan to make a reservation for Garden Grill around 10 while everyone else is arriving to the hotel.

Thoughts? :)

Spending some time daydreaming at work, so I'm just going to ramble to you guys.

We arrive night before at MCO late, so we are staying there. Heading to AKL around 10 am. Will be just the two of us first day, with others joining us the next day. We will be there 9 nights total, so a lot of time to see things. AK and then MK are our favorite parks. But we love them all.

First day thoughts (Tuesday):

Plan 1 - drop off bags, go to MK (will be a party day so possibly slow), go back to hotel to check in/relax and then head to Epcot at night. This is dependent though, if Epcot has deluxe extra hours on Wednesday, maybe we'd save Epcot for that night. But if Jollywood Nights is on Wednesday....i need dates!
Plan 2 - drop off bags, go to MK, go to hotel, then do AK at night (but probably closes early).
Plan 3 - drop off bags (sense a pattern? ) go to AK (surprise!), back to hotel and then to Disney Springs to see all the Christmas Trees, shop and grab some dinner at Polite Pig (never been there). Thinking it will be a Tuesday, probably not so crowded.

All I know is Wednesday morning we plan to make a reservation for Garden Grill around 10 while everyone else is arriving to the hotel.

Thoughts? :)
Unfortunately no help here, I am in the same boat, lol. A bunch of different scenarios depending on parties, Candlelight Processional info, etc etc.
I am (impatiently) waiting for all the holiday info to be released.

That said, all three of your ideas sound good to me! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter