Next Theme when 100years is over

toddml

Earning My Ears
I was just wondering if there was going to be a new theme once the 100 Years is over? Will the parades be the same or changing? We are planning a trip later in the year.

Thanks

I'll be there 2/28 - 3/5 I'll report back if I hear anything. :wave:

The latest that I heard was that the events (parades, One Man's Dream, etc.) would continue until further notice. Only the 100 Years signage/merchandise would be gone. Now may be a good time to pick up some of the remaining merchandise b/c it might be going on sale.

...will likely be the 50th Anniversary of Disneyland, in 2005.

That may spark a big, theme-park-wide celebration of the "park that started it all."

We'll have a nice break between 100YoM and the next big WDW celebration. I have been told by one of my managers that when we get our new nametags (we start wearing them March 1), they will again feature CM hometowns instead of Magical Memories, and the bubble on top will feature Tinkerbell, who is the central character to the new "Where Magic Lives" campaign. I'm not 100% sure about Tinkerbell (I'll let you know when I find out for sure), but I trust the person who told me.

Hmmm... didn't Peter Pan debut in 1953? I guess that makes 2003 Tinkerbell's 50th birthday as a Disney character.

<center>Cool! I love Tinkerbell!

anitink02.gif

We were there in January and I noticed merchandise with "Four Parks, One World"
This may be old stuff, or on-going stuff but I didn't remember it from this summer.
Looking forward to the Disneyland Celebration though!

Safari Steve - your're new tag line is hilarious!!! I assume it is based on our thank you thread to you. :)

We DO really like you! :) :)

angie

I, too, have heard that there was strong consideration for including WDW in Disneyland's 50th. Sort of a "50 Years of Disney Theme Parks" Celebration. If so, it would stand to reason that it would begin in October of 2004 and run through all of 2005.

WDW's "year" starts in October, because MK opened to the public in October, so shouldn't Disneyland celebrations start in June? (or in January at least)?

We have lots of merchandise commemorating Mickey's 75th (which is officially in November), but there is no major celebration planned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter