May 2024 WISH Thread

Cute list! Today was kind of not restful but in a good way. Took a walk through the fair with DH, the kids, my aunt, my cousin and her kids. The kids were not feeling it but the walk was nice.
Course now the two DSs are at each others throats and I’m not feeling that!
Yep, the bigger the group, the more challenging the outing becomes.

Hope they made up and have a better day today!

I'm sitting in the airport waiting to board our flight back home from our short cruise, so I'm catching up! Our weekend plans definitely revolved around our cruise. We flew out Thursday evening to Orlando and stayed in an airport hotel where we got an uber to Port Canaveral Friday morning. After we got on the cruise, we had pretty much nothing be relaxing times. We even decided just to stay on the ship on our one port day. We had been there before, we rarely stay onboard during a port stop and we also enjoy the feeling of a pretty empty ship. Easy to find loungers, plenty of room in the pool, etc. So overall a great trip!

My motivation for this week is recovering from our weekend. I will weigh in tomorrow to get back on track and go from there. I really don't think I did too badly with my food choices and we got lots of steps in each day just exploring the ship and getting from place to place. We are taking a longer cruise with DS at the end of June, so I want to have a good month to hopefully lose a bit more before that trip and continue getting in some exercise (mostly walking) to get in better shape overall.

Topic Tuesday!!!

In the spirit of summer starting I thought we should discuss one of my favorite summer treats….Ice Cream!!!!!IMG_2058.jpeg
What’s your favorite flavor or flavors of ice cream? Hand dipped or soft serve?

I honestly just had the best ice cream I have ever eaten in my life this weekend at a place nearby called Ripleys. It was in the same plaza where we had ordered takeout for lunch and I was not hungry for hot food so I went in there for a cool lunch!!

It’s all made fresh and I got white chocolate raspberry cheesecake and it was amazing!!!!!!

My favorite ice cream is any hand dipped flavor with chocolate chips or chunks…but I also like soft serve!

I love your picture!!

Ice cream is not one of my huge weaknesses because it seems to be something I can live without. I do love a good hand dipped ice cream when we're on vacation or something, but just to eat at home or on a regular evening, just isn't something I typically do.

I will say my favorite though is the rolled ice cream. We had that somewhere on vacation one time and now every time we are looking for ice cream, we look for that! It was so unique and yummy!

Also wanted to add, DH is a huge ice cream junkie. I was thinking of getting the Ninja Creami, but I just haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. I read that it can make great better-for-you ice creams, but I'm just afraid it would end up just sitting in the cabinet or on the countertop after a couple of uses. I need to look into some of the recipes and talk to DH about it to see if it's something he'd be interested in.

What exactly is POTS?
Here is a link that will explain it better then me but with just standing, your heart rate raises and your BP drops. This is what causes all of the other symptoms. It is more common in young adult and it is more common in females then males. Usually it is triggered by a virus. It is something that you will always have but there will times that it is better then others.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/16560-postural-orthostatic-tachycardia-syndrome-pots
What’s your favorite flavor or flavors of ice cream? Hand dipped or soft serve?
I love cookies and cream or cookie dough. But I also vanilla is a good go to for me too. I tend to like soft serve more

Ice cream is my kryptonite, I think because it can have a good textural contrast with creamy and crunchy. My favorites are Rocky Road and Chocolate Chip Mint.

I must have missed the memo where we moved celebrating Memorial Day to the middle of winter... what a dull, grey, dreary weekend it was. Oh, and cold. Even with 3 1/2 days off I really don't feel restored, as I desperately need sunshine. We might see a bit of it Thurs/Fri, fingers crossed.

I really didn't do much of anything over the weekend. Yesterday I put on a puffy coat to get outside and do a few gardening/yard things. In the afternoon I started painting the bedroom and it looks so good. It'll probably be two more days to complete.

Motivation this week... I get to stay home! It'll be a regular week from here on out and I'm really looking forward to it.

I go through ice cream phases. I’ll go for ages without caring about it and then go through a few weeks where I’m obsessed. I am a big fan of cookie dough for hard serve and chocolate vanilla twist for soft. Was into only 8 for awhile too.
What I want to try is making an ice cream that tastes like lacroix lemoncello. I found a no churn recipe and I want to try to combine cake batter and lemon extracts to get the flavor, will report back on the success or failure when I actually get around to making it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter