Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we think this will go on sale after June 24? (When the current incentives end.)

Looking at when VDH opened for cash bookings versus the on sale date, I expect yes, but was really hoping for at least pricing info before then. (I am torn between Riv at current incentives versus buying in at Poly.)

The biggest problem with Hawaii for me is that it is so darn far away. On the bright side, that has encouraged me to think of the islands as a two-week trip, minimum. My last two visits were for three weeks.
After our recent three-week trip to and through Spain, we're starting to think of anything shorter than two weeks as a "short" trip!

The travel time to HI never really bothered me, (only four or five hours time difference) though I was younger when we did a few seven night/one destination hotel trips. If we're going to change hotels now, we don't consider anything fewer than 12 nights.

Something that recently blew my mind, and I'm glad I caught: We're stopping off in HI for a few days next year after our Tokyo trip. The flight from Tokyo to Honolulu is at 9PM, arriving around 9AM. I first presumed it was the next day, but because we're traveling west to east over the international date line, we arrive 9AM the same day we leave!

If that’s wallpaper wall, they really missed. My medical and dental clinics both have multistory waterfall walls. Kids are drawn to it. Really thought it would be a waterfall because the second floor even has the area for people to look at it.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. They've spent a fortune ripping other water features out. Why would they build a two story one in their new tower, a DVC tower at that? Humidity, maintenance, etc.

I can’t believe they would make all 1 and 2 bedrooms as dedicated…and have no lock offs. That is the only way there are no studios.

I mean a duo can combine with a 1 bedroom but then you have something short of a 2 bedroom so I don’t see that at all.
Yes, there are absolutely deluxe studio rooms.

Disneys-Polynesian-Tower-Floorplan-September-2023-3.jpeg

And lockoff two bedrooms...
Disneys-Polynesian-Tower-Floorplan-September-2023-1.jpeg

The Poly barely even registers as Haole Hawaii. It is very reminiscent of, say, the faux waterfall at Duke's on Kauai. I like Duke's. I like the Sonesta/Marriott Vacation Club that it is next to. But it's not really what I think of as authentic Hawaii.
Heck, even on Waikiki, that bastion of haole aloha delusion, you don't find anything as over the top as the Poly unless you're at Duke's.

I tend to compare the Hilton Hawaiian Village as a contemporary to the Poly (the iconic Rainbow Tower was completed in 1968). While the grounds of that resort certainly align with the landscape and design of something like Aulani, the interior spaces of all of the towers are far more subdued and less kitschy (in a resort that is front-and-center the gateway to everything that is tourist Hawaii) than ANYTHING at the Poly.

They even tossed in some VDH design on the wall there.
I'm going to go with "plumeria" which makes sense as it's a very popular flower in Hawaii (basis for most leis and maybe more popular/recognizable than the state flower, the Hibiscus), but is also a very popular theme in mid-century modern design (VDH).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter