Just for ONE day?!? A April 2024 TR-Updated 5/28

Joining in, wow impressed with a one day trip!
I love the pineapple upside down cake from Aloha Isle. I will need to try the one at AK if it is still there in September
I’m guessing Big Thunder as your next ride!

Joining in, wow impressed with a one day trip!
I love the pineapple upside down cake from Aloha Isle. I will need to try the one at AK if it is still there in September
I’m guessing Big Thunder as your next ride!
Happy to have you here!!! You will LOVE the AK one-excited for you to try it!

Yo ho yo ho…..
1716917028345.gif

if you guessed our next ride was Pirates you were right!!! This is DDs favorite ride in Magic Kingdom and my 2nd favorite!! DD did have a DAS for this but if I remember correctly the wait was 20 minutes in standby.

We all enjoyed our ride and I made a DAS reservation for Big Thunder while we were in line.

We walked towards Big Thunder and stopped to look at Tiana’s new ride, I am so excited for this!!

DD is very much a nostalgic Disney person and she was devastated about the retheming, but once she rides it she will love it! We took a big extended family Disney trip in 2019 and we all rode splash together in one boat so it holds great memories…but we will make new memories on Tiana’s ride 😊

DDBF and I took a restroom break while DD took a break and sat with a Mickey Bar.

*Side note on our spending for the day-I buy enough Disney Giftcards at Sams Club before our trips to cover our meals and souvenirs. I gave each kid $25 in giftcards when we got there and another $25 at lunch so they could get food as they needed. This works great for teens-highly recommended*

We rode Big Thunder and it was, indeed, the wildest ride in the wilderness!

1716917125367.gif

I made a Haunted Mansion DAS while in line for Big Thunder. We stopped at Pecos Bills for ice water and a rest after Big Thunder. DD needed some Advil and she was good to go after a few minutes of rest and water!

We headed over towards haunted mansion but we were all pretty hungry so we stopped into one of our favorite quick service spots-Columbia Harbor House-2nd floor 🤭

The kids each got the salmon meal and I ran over to sleepy hallow and picked up my mobile order for the sweet and spicy waffle. I was SO looking forward to this…sadly it was dry and not nearly as good as last time. I’m sure it was just an off day-I will try again next time LOL!

The kids enjoyed their salmon meals!!

Onto Haunted Mansion and I rode alone…but with 999 Happy Haunts is anyone ever alone on this ride 🤔 it’s my favorite ride in all the parks so I didn’t mind riding with just the ghosts!

1716917218884.gif

I made a DAS for Pooh while leaving Haunted Mansion so we headed over there. DDBFs favorite character is Tigger so he was excited and loved the ride!!

We stopped to watch the castle show on the way to meet Mickey on Main Street.

Watching DDBF meet Mickey for the first time was great-so heart warming! I was so happy to get to witness this!

1716917357454.gif

After this we split up to shop…the kids wanted shirts they saw in Tomorrowland and I wanted to browse the Emporium. We agreed to meet at 7 dwafs at 4pm.

We had a DAS but 7 Dwarfs had been down for hours…would we get to ride it?! Stay tuned!

Wrapping up the best day!

My shopping went great, I got a classic Mickey tshirt in the light grey at the emporium. It’s so comfortable I absolutely love it!

I went to the confectionery to get DH a treat and had the sweetest cast member who helped me wrap and double wrap the Mickey cookie so it would travel safely. I told her that DH and I always bring food gifts to one another if we travel not as a couple and she gave me some marriage advice, it was just the best interaction. She was probably 80 and you could tell she just really enjoyed her job and her life. It’s so refreshing to see that!!

I met up with the kids at 4 and we went into Sir Mickeys and I thought we were ALL getting pixie dusted but turns out just I was getting pixie dusted because they “had work tomorrow and were afraid one shampoo and shower would not remove all the glitter”. Unreal. What teenage boy doesn’t want to go to his mechanic job after school covered in glitter?! 🤣. DD thought her manager would give her a hard time about serving food with glitter stuck to her…who doesn’t want pixie dust with their fries?!?! Anyways…
1716923706558.gif

With me freshly dusted we headed to Mine Train which had just re-opened. LL was insane but we chose to stick it out…if it was the last thing we did we were all ok with that.

LL only took about 25 mins. After that the kids gave the sword a try but despite all the time they spend at the gym…it didn’t budge. Boo.

We had time for one more ride and they wanted to end where we started with space mountain. I made a DAS and we got coffee/waters/donuts from the Joffreys stand.
1716923771996.gif

DD needed a rest so we hung out near monsters inc laugh floor while she laid/sat/stretched. Caffeinated, hydrated and limber we headed to space again.

While we were sitting there I said to the kids…PLEASE remind me
1716923818040.gif

To get my backpack out of the lockers on our way out. If I forget that we are in deep trouble…

Moving right along- Space was just as fun as the first ride of the day!!!

DD grabbed an ice cream from sunshine seasons and I mobile ordered 2 mini corn dogs and fries from Casey’s. We found a standing table and started eating-it was so good…until….

Now this is truly unreal and I still can’t believe this happened but it did. The man sitting at the table beside us took off his socks and sneakers…put his bare foot on the table and started picking his toes. We all saw it at the same time and it just went from bad to worse.

I want everyone reading to keep down the last meal they ate so I won’t go into anymore detail but it was horrid and we just took the food we didn’t eat and threw it away. There was just no coming back from that for us.
1716923899914.gif

Waved goodbye to Main Street andheaded out to the monorail…our day was coming to an end…

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter