Island Tower at Polynesian Villas & Bungalows

The only thing that I despise walking from GF to MK is walking by the smokers.

Yes, I wish they would relocate that... Not sure to where, but it really is problematic.
I also hate walking by it and smelling the smoke, but I tell myself at least they are following the rules and stepping out of the park to do it. What I HATE the most are the people sneaking puffs of cigarettes or hits on their vapes inside the park like it is no big deal!! It's one of the few things that absolutely infuriates me. At that point you are ridiculously addicted and don't care about anyone but yourself.

If I was in charge I would make it a ban-able offense, outlaw them completely in the parks, or offer a free lightning lane to anyone who turns in proof of someone doing it. But that's probably because both of my parents were heavy smokers, one always trying to quit and the other refusing to try. Both had/have now passed away from preventable diseases that are caused by/worsened by smoking. Lung cancer for one and then terrible rheumatoid arthritis and a heart attack that led to heart failure for the other. When I was 21 and 31. It's one of my very few non-negotiables. Sorry, my rant is over now lol

😬Well, I didn't mean to kill the thread! lol I'll keep it going I guess! 😂

I hope they declare a large portion up front. If they price it too high, after the initial demand wanes, we could be left with a decent amount of declared unsold inventory. That plus the number of resorts they are selling right now could keep 7 month availability across all resorts pretty decent for a while, and then they may put out a decent fire sale (or resale could go back to a reasonable price...)

😬Well, I didn't mean to kill the thread! lol I'll keep it going I guess! 😂

I hope they declare a large portion up front. If they price it too high, after the initial demand wanes, we could be left with a decent amount of declared unsold inventory. That plus the number of resorts they are selling right now could keep 7 month availability across all resorts pretty decent for a while, and then they may put out a decent fire sale (or resale could go back to a reasonable price...)

I do not expect them to declare a lot of units to start. My guess is these will have a good cash following so they won't be in any rush. Of course, with cash bookings already being done, they had to have some general idea of what they were going to do with declarations so not to sell too many rooms upfront like this.

When they saw how fast BPK @ VGF was selling the first few months, they ended up declaring the entire building before it opened, and then sales fell off the cliff....so I wonder if they will be a bit more cautious this time. Hopefully we get answers in the next few weeks.

If sales are going to start sometime in July or August, then declarations, if they follow suit with other resorts, should happen by the end of June, at the latest.

I know not everyone agrees, but I personally like how this thing looks on the Seven Seas Lagoon skyline.

View attachment 866642
It’s honestly less jarring in size and shape than I’d anticipated, I just wish they would have used the same external color scheme and roofline. Reserving final judgment until they’re done with it, but I still find it to be pretty discordant up close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter