I guess I'm rope dropping IASW! ~ A March 2024 TR updated 05/26

Why is everything broken at Magic Kingdom?
Really!!!! Wow that sounds like a tough morning!
Do you remember when guest names would come up on the goodbye signs?
I'm not sure that I've even been on IASW at MK, at least not since well, I don't know when?
We headed to Cheshire Cat Cafe where I went for my beloved Cheshire Cat tail and an iced coffee while Kathy enjoyed the specialty iced drink.
I love that Cheshire Cat tail. I would just need someone to help me finish it!
I was heading for the resort launch over to the Grand now as I was going to see the Easter Egg display for the first time. That's next!
Yay for the Easter Eggs!
I have been looking forward to seeing this Easter Egg display for so long but my travel dates never coincided with it before.
I never even knew that they had them until Jill suggested we see them on my trip just after Easter. We caught them on the last day.
A CM told me the painting is done with tinted liquid chocolate!
Wow! That's neat to know!
There was a photopass photographer to the right of the stairs on the second level with Cinderella's glass slipper so I happily got a few pictures.
What a great photo of you!

Figment, a flower festival and Flying Fish!

Kathy and I met up outside of the International Gateway to head to Epcot for a bit before dinner. Kathy really wanted to do Journey of Imagination and hopefully meet Figment while I wanted to catch a set of Modern English. The show started at 5:30 so we headed there first to grab seats. Modern English was ok...if you ever watched Valley Girl with Nicholas Cage, the song "I'll melt with you" is one of their classics. Unfortunately tonight they were playing a lot of their newer music which I didn't enjoy as much. After the band finally playing "Melt with you", Kathy and I beelined over to see if we could catch Figment. I managed to grab a couple of classic shots along the way...
IMG_5154.JPEG

IMG_5160.JPEG
Unfortunately Figment had finished meeting for the day by 4 pm so we missed him. Kathy wanted to go on the ride so we headed there next. I hadn't been on this ride since our first trip in 2009!

We headed towards the International Gateway to make our way over to the Boardwalk but stopped for pictures first. I was happy they offered an Orange Bird magic shot!

2024-03-15 - Epcot - Uk at epcot (3) (4).jpeg
2024-03-15 - Epcot - Uk at epcot (4).jpeg
Arriving at the Boardwalk we had a little time to kill as we were waiting for Billie to come over from Studios. So we collapsed on the Village Green and chatted and laughed.

IMG_5162.JPEG
Our reservation was for 7:30 so we headed over to check in at Flying Fish once Billie arrived.

Our waitress explained the specials and some of the popular cocktails. I went for the Cucumber Collins for my cocktail. This was light and refreshing.
IMG_5166.JPEG

I chose the Heirloom Tomatoes as my appetizer while Kathy enjoyed the Oak Grilled Romaine and Billie had the shrimp cocktail.
IMG_5167.JPEG

For my entree I chose the Plancha seared scallops while Kathy had the Potato Wrapped Red Snapper and Billie went for the Fish special with a scallop enhancement. Our entrees were plated beautifully, a feast for the senses indeed.
IMG_5168.JPEG
Of course we saved room for dessert! Billie enjoyed the Vaniila Bean cheesecake, Kathy had the Key Lime Cake and I chose the Florida Sunset.

IMG_5170.JPEG
It was a lovely meal with great service and our waitress was kind enough to take a picture of the three of us. :)
IMG_5171.JPEG
What a terrific evening with great friends, awesome food and stimulating conversation. Can't wait to do it again!

Billie was driving Kathy back to her hotel so they headed off while I walked back to the Skyliner. It was time for bed as I would be attempting a 4 parks challenge the next day. Would I finally make it to all 4 parks? That's next!

over to see if we could catch Figment. I managed to grab a couple of classic shots along the way...
IMG_5154.JPEG

Beautiful!

This was a fun photo! I remember seeing the set up but couldn't get anyone to stop.

What a terrific evening with great friends, awesome food and stimulating conversation. Can't wait to do it again!

Dinner looked delicious. It's great you got to share it with great Disney friends.

Looking forward to hearing how your 4 park day went.

I love your photos especially the photo of you and Kathy at the railings with France in the background. Such a pretty photo.
Flying Fish is a beautiful restaurant. Their light fittings are simply gorgeous and the way the food is presented is a work of art in itself. We’ve eaten there a few times. I’m glad you all had a great meal.
Looking forward to your four park challenge 🤞

I was happy they offered an Orange Bird magic shot!
This is the first time I've seen the Orange Bird magic shot. It's really cute.
Our reservation was for 7:30 so we headed over to check in at Flying Fish once Billie arrived.
We have heard nothing but praise for Flying Fish. We finally ate there, and it was just "okay" for us. I remember that I didn't like the lobster bisque because of one of the spices they used. Our waiter wasn't very good, which played a role in our lackluster experience.

Kathy really wanted to do Journey of Imagination and hopefully meet Figment while I wanted to catch a set of Modern English.
ooooohhhh... a fight ensues! 👊
The show started at 5:30 so we headed there first to grab seats.
Looks like we have a winnah!
.if you ever watched Valley Girl with Nicholas Cage,
::yes::
Nice shot. How long did you wait for the monorail?
Unfortunately Figment had finished meeting for the day by 4 pm so we missed him.
Annnnnnd... there's the knockout, folks! Susan wins!
Kathy wanted to go on the ride so we headed there next. I hadn't been on this ride since our first trip in 2009!
Wow! Long time.
Love this shot of you two...
...but this shot is wonderful!! Love it!
I chose the Heirloom Tomatoes as my appetizer while Kathy enjoyed the Oak Grilled Romaine and Billie had the shrimp cocktail.
I'd have any of those. Yum!
For my entree I chose the Plancha seared scallops
mmm... scallops...
while Kathy had the Potato Wrapped Red Snapper and Billie went for the Fish special with a scallop enhancement.
All your meals sound delicious, but I'm very curious about the potato wrapped snapper
Billie enjoyed the Vaniila Bean cheesecake, Kathy had the Key Lime Cake and I chose the Florida Sunset.
Yes please. One of each.
our waitress was kind enough to take a picture of the three of us. :)
And a nice shot it is, too. :)
I would be attempting a 4 parks challenge the next day. Would I finally make it to all 4 parks? That's next!
popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter