How would you do both Yosemite and Disneyland?

Do you have any tips?
Besides the tours we did, not so much. I assume that you have already reserved your accommodation, good idea.

If you have one, carry your Landry Club Select, it became handy for priority seating at Bubba Gump San Francisco.

Enjoy!

Besides the tours we did, not so much. I assume that you have already reserved your accommodation, good idea.

If you have one, carry your Landry Club Select, it became handy for priority seating at Bubba Gump San Francisco.

Enjoy!

Yep, we have everything booked.

Thank you for the tip on the Landry card. I’m not sure we’ll eat at Bumba Gump since we have those where I live, but it’s good to know.

We're joining the Yosemite/DL club this summer too! Open to any tips or suggestions!!
  • Fly into SFO 7/4 and spend 2 nights in San Jose. Doing fireworks at CA Great Adventure (we're Cedar Fair pass holders so its free to get in), but open to other recommendations...I heard the downtown SF fireworks are a waste because 80% chance of fog. Staying in San Jose because its central to places we want to visit...SF, Monterey, Pinnacles.
  • Drive to Merced to spend the night on 7/6 to be closer to Yosemite
  • Yosemite 7/7-7/9 at Yosemite Valley Lodge
  • Kings/Sequoia 7/9-7/11 Buckeye Tree Lodge
  • Villas at DL Hotel 7/11-7/14 (Heading to Huntington Beach on 7/11 for dinner and sunset and then 2 full days in the parks)
  • Fly home from LGB 7/14

Chiming in with our Yosemite/DL trip. We leave in 2 weeks.

Flying to Sacramento, rent car, drive to Rush Creek Lodge
Day 1 - drive into Yosemite Valley, rent bikes, do Mirror Lake and Lower Yosemite Falls. We have 3 & 12 yr old so trying to find easier hikes. Back to Rush Creek (hate the in/out but oh well)
Day 2 - drive back into Valley, do more bikes. Sentinel Dome? Mist Trail? (Too hard? Just the 12 yr old). Spend night at The Ahwanee.

Day 3 - drive from Yosemite to DL

Day 4-6 - 3 day park hoppers at DL/DCA. Staying at GC

Day 7 - fly home.

Any tips? Is it possible to see the Sequoias on our way out of Yosemite? I feel like it’s a lot but I want to cram as much as possible in. Never been to these places before!!

Chiming in with our Yosemite/DL trip. We leave in 2 weeks.

Flying to Sacramento, rent car, drive to Rush Creek Lodge
Day 1 - drive into Yosemite Valley, rent bikes, do Mirror Lake and Lower Yosemite Falls. We have 3 & 12 yr old so trying to find easier hikes. Back to Rush Creek (hate the in/out but oh well)
Day 2 - drive back into Valley, do more bikes. Sentinel Dome? Mist Trail? (Too hard? Just the 12 yr old). Spend night at The Ahwanee.

Day 3 - drive from Yosemite to DL

Day 4-6 - 3 day park hoppers at DL/DCA. Staying at GC

Day 7 - fly home.

Any tips? Is it possible to see the Sequoias on our way out of Yosemite? I feel like it’s a lot but I want to cram as much as possible in. Never been to these places before!!
Can you let me know how your drive from Yosemite to Anaheim goes? We are doing this at the end of June and I’m thinking it’s going to be a very long day. I’d love to see the Sequoias but we just want to get on our way to Anaheim.

On the way out of Yosemite you can stop at Mariposa Grove for the sequoias. We stopped on our way into Yosemite from San Francisco and it was worth it to us!

FWIW, we left The Ahwanee at 11:30 am to drive to North Hollywood and we were checked in and in our room before 6. We didn't stop alot, but we did stop a few times along the way. I would think you should have enough time to stop and explore the big trees if you can get moving in the morning!

Can you let me know how your drive from Yosemite to Anaheim goes? We are doing this at the end of June and I’m thinking it’s going to be a very long day. I’d love to see the Sequoias but we just want to get on our way to Anaheim.
Yes I will! We are doing the drive on Monday June 17th!

On the way out of Yosemite you can stop at Mariposa Grove for the sequoias. We stopped on our way into Yosemite from San Francisco and it was worth it to us!

FWIW, we left The Ahwanee at 11:30 am to drive to North Hollywood and we were checked in and in our room before 6. We didn't stop alot, but we did stop a few times along the way. I would think you should have enough time to stop and explore the big trees if you can get moving in the morning!

Thank you, very helpful! I'm hoping to leave the Ahwanee early (by 8am). Would love to get to Anaheim and to our hotel for some pool time before the Disney madness starts! Would love to stop at Mariposa - Ill check that out, thanks!

So glad to see this thread! Sounds similar to plans that we are making for next June. Thank you for sharing your experiences!

Would love to get to Anaheim and to our hotel for some pool time
Don’t worry about that at all. You’re time in Yosemite is already short, spend at least the morning there on your departure day. Mariposa Grove is a good suggestion and it’s near the south entrance/exit. From the Mariposa Grove Welcome Plaza (you need to shuttle to the trailheads) it’s about 5.5 hrs drive. Personally I wouldn’t be leaving Yosemite until about 1pm and stopping for lunch in Oakhurst to avoid the worst of the traffic in the LA basin.

Day 1 you should leave early. It’s already an hour to the valley from Rush Creek and that could easily double if you leave after about 8am ish due to the line up at the entrance gates.

You don’t say which dates but you may need a peak hours entry permit for your first day.

Don’t worry about that at all. You’re time in Yosemite is already short, spend at least the morning there on your departure day. Mariposa Grove is a good suggestion and it’s near the south entrance/exit. From the Mariposa Grove Welcome Plaza (you need to shuttle to the trailheads) it’s about 5.5 hrs drive. Personally I wouldn’t be leaving Yosemite until about 1pm and stopping for lunch in Oakhurst to avoid the worst of the traffic in the LA basin.

Day 1 you should leave early. It’s already an hour to the valley from Rush Creek and that could easily double if you leave after about 8am ish due to the line up at the entrance gates.

You don’t say which dates but you may need a peak hours entry permit for your first day.
You make some excellent points, thank you. I'm going to research Mariposa Grove more. When is the "worst" time in the LA basin on a Monday? Per your suggestion, I'd leave the Mariposa Grove Welcome Plaza at 1pm and get to Grand Californian at 7pm ish?

We are definitely planning on leaving Rush Creek by 7am. We want to get into the Valley to rent bikes by 8am. We have our peak hours entry permit but we also have Ahwahnee hotel reservations for night 2 (so we should be double-covered)

Thank you again!

You make some excellent points, thank you. I'm going to research Mariposa Grove more. When is the "worst" time in the LA basin on a Monday? Per your suggestion, I'd leave the Mariposa Grove Welcome Plaza at 1pm and get to Grand Californian at 7pm ish?

We are definitely planning on leaving Rush Creek by 7am. We want to get into the Valley to rent bikes by 8am. We have our peak hours entry permit but we also have Ahwahnee hotel reservations for night 2 (so we should be double-covered)
Rush hour in LA is 3pm to 7pm with the worst been 4pm to 6pm. Trouble is you start hitting traffic well before you hit the city and Anaheim is after LA. I’d leave the Welcome Plaza 12-30pm to 1pm, drive the 30mins or so to Oakhurst, have lunch and gas up and leave Oakhurst around 2pm ish. That should get you to Anaheim around 7-30pm to 8pm unless you’re unlucky.

Do have some snacks and drinks in the car for that drive. Hate to mention it but I’ve had the 2hr trip from LA to Santa Barbara take close to 8hrs due to a horrible accident on the 101. Keep an eye on the DOT website and your chosen map app. Many locals swear by WAZE for avoiding the worst of the traffic

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter