DVC 1,000 Point Club (2024)

Curious if people here w tons of points use them all or rent them... I have more points than I can use currently. If it was up to me I would go many times / year, however my wife has enough after 1-2 trips.
We use them all, and are constantly borrowing. We usually stay in 1BR or 2BR villas with our family of 5, and occasionally will be joined by friends/family. So sometimes we’ll book a GV or the other larger villas. I’ll book a studio if I’m on my own. We’ve been spending a few weeks at DLR and a few weeks at WDW a year, so the points get used up quickly. We’ll probably go less frequently as the kids get older, but will more often book at least 2BR villas, and it’s a lot of points for those. We’ve also used points at AUL and plan to do so again, hopefully on a regular basis.

Curious if people here w tons of points use them all or rent them... I have more points than I can use currently. If it was up to me I would go many times / year, however my wife has enough after 1-2 trips.
Last year I "had" to transfer in 200 points in order to book spring break ocean view at Aulani [without borrowing]. For some reason I'm super averse to borrowing points, but we do use them every year!

After 7 years in (we were at 700+ points until last year), we are finally using points for other places, for larger units, etc. I think we will be at a decent ## of points for a while - my kids still want to go A LOT, but they are getting older (tween/teen) where they'd like us to be in a 2br so they don't have to share a bathroom with us. My kids still want to go "as many times as possible" and they're better travelers, so we are going for multiple 4-7 day trips now. I think we have enough points, only rented some during COVID when we had to keep changing plans.

We rent some of our points. The plan was to spend more time at WDW once I retired, right now we do about a month at WDW each year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter