Don't bring ammunition to Turks & Caicos

I think that it may be time to recognize that being a US citizen does not absolve any one of us if we break the law in another country. It does not matter what our opinion is of any given law.

Definitely! I saw on their gofundme that they list all being held and use the phrase "has been unjustly detained for xxx days." I don't see how they can think they are detained unjustly when he admitted bringing the ammunition - thereby breaking the law. It would only be unjust if he were held with no reason, with no law having been broken. Just because they don't like the law doesn't make it "unjust" for the country to enforce it's laws and proceed with legal action.

Definitely! I saw on their gofundme that they list all being held and use the phrase "has been unjustly detained for xxx days." I don't see how they can think they are detained unjustly when he admitted bringing the ammunition - thereby breaking the law. It would only be unjust if he were held with no reason, with no law having been broken. Just because they don't like the law doesn't make it "unjust" for the country to enforce it's laws and proceed with legal action.
I don't travel much, but that does not mean that I would not like to travel further afield at some point. One of the thing that I look at when I think about a wish list is who would I feel comfortable traveling with, and how would the laws of any country affect me or people traveling with me. I am not a rule breaker by nature, so bringing contraband into a foreign country would not be something I would do. I would not travel with fruit, plants or vegetables into states that have restrictions, so I look at the rules before I go. The same holds true for a foreign country. I check the rules for entry and departure, and then I do my due diligence to comply. If for some reason I was lax and somehow brought ammunition in my travel bag, I would expect that I would have to comply with the law and the punishment in that country.

Frankly, I think that some of us have decided that the rules do not apply to us. The people left behind on that Norwegian cruise ship are a prime example of American entitlement. They knew the rules. They made choices that put them at risk of violating the rules. They managed to be late, and then complained that the ship did exactly what they had been warned would happen. I have never been on a cruise, but even I know the cruise ship protocol. I cannot say that I am shocked that some people are whining, but I do feel befuddled at times

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter