Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

The dust was everywhere in the room the picture of my fingers of the dust was the first picture I showed a cast member when I wanted to change rooms and his response was they could not since they were completely booked
Terrible! I would've asked to speak to the manager on duty (and escalated until something was resolved) and asked what could he do to make it right--move to YC, room compensation, etc. And if none of these things happened, I'd send those pics to and an email stating your frustration and disgust with the situation. I would've included names of everyone you spoke to. So sorry you had to spend a lot for a room of such poor cleanliness.

The dust was everywhere in the room the picture of my fingers of the dust was the first picture I showed a cast member when I wanted to change rooms and his response was they could not since they were completely booked
I would have lead with the toilet picture! The average Front desk CM is not going to do more then offer you a different room if available. Should the CM have refereed you to the on duty manager, yes in your situation but many of them are College Program (CP) or new to the FD role CMs and still learning front line hospitality skills. Again no excuse just reality.

The manager has lots of options available for Guest recovery.

Dave

I also just returned from a week at the BC. I haven't been back there in years. People I went with wanted to experience SAB so I agreed. It is still a very nice resort. No problem with the room or housekeeping. The only thing that bothered me is one night a corporate event was done on the beach. During the whole setup the vibe of the resort was changed, at least where I was outside. Not sure why Disney which charges enough for us to stay there needs to also have corporate events. I am not a complainer by nature but this was unnecessary. I didn't take a picture of all the staff, and all the traffic putting this thing together.

IMG_0221.jpg

I also just returned from a week at the BC. I haven't been back there in years. People I went with wanted to experience SAB so I agreed. It is still a very nice resort. No problem with the room or housekeeping. The only thing that bothered me is one night a corporate event was done on the beach. During the whole setup the vibe of the resort was changed, at least where I was outside. Not sure why Disney which charges enough for us to stay there needs to also have corporate events. I am not a complainer by nature but this was unnecessary. I didn't take a picture of all the staff, and all the traffic putting this thing together.

View attachment 859319
Yea, we've seen this probably 3 or 4 times over recent visits. It's not a huge issue, but it is something that seems out of place with the resort. Fortunately, they never seem to last more than 5-6 hours and don't go late. But it's quite a process to set up for this, with small trucks delivering tables/chairs, many cast members, etc. The one event we saw was pretty large, taking up the beach and the entire grass area around the volleyball court. Fortunately, that day, we spent most of it on the YC side of SAB and only heard bits and pieces of the stuff going on.

Not sure why Disney which charges enough for us to stay there needs to also have corporate events. I am not a complainer by nature but this was unnecessary.
You know that the YC has a massive Convention center space and hosts many, many Corporate events all year long?

The beach area on front of the BC is often setup for Corporate events or large weddings. There is no large beach area over at the YC for water front events. Why does Disney want Corporate events? They help pay the bills in a vacation hot spot like Orlando. Hosting events at Disney drives up event attendance and brings more families to Disney.

Dave

The Yacht Club was hosting an outdoor corporate event when we were there last month. It was set up near the YC marina and you had to walk through the event area if you wanted to get to or from HS, BWI or Swan/Dolphin. We have also seen many corporate events set up on the beach at the BC. They don't really bother us and are actually kind of interesting. :)

This isn’t new. We’ve been going to Y& B since the late 90s. There have been corporate & private events at both resorts that whole time. There are certain times of the year that have more conferences so seeing those private events is more common then. It’s not any different than cheerleaders booking at the values. They don’t hold organized events at the resort, but from what I’ve heard, they take over common areas practicing for much of their stay.

I’ve seen many private events at Y&B being set up & taken down. The staff is so experienced at doing it, they have everything well coordinated. There is almost no disruption to other guests. If something for guests like the movie on the beach is disrupted, it is moved to another area, not cancelled. It’s not even a blip on the radar of things that bother me. Except maybe just some jealousy that I never worked anywhere that had these types of events or conferences. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter