Disappointing Adult Cruise On The Dream

I imagine they monitored the traffic to Cabanas/pool dining and decided it didn't make sense. Rotational dining is one of the uniquely DCL things... that experience is part of what many people are signing up for. It's a trade off for sure - one that appeals to me because I could can go to about any kind of restaurant I want at home... no need to do that on a cruise. I'd rather have the Disney experience.

This is why there are different options for everyone.
I do not believe they have had a buffet at night to monitor traffic to cabanas. It’s not about foot traffic it’s about convenience and options.

Last edited:
I imagine they monitored the traffic to Cabanas/pool dining and decided it didn't make sense. Rotational dining is one of the uniquely DCL things... that experience is part of what many people are signing up for. It's a trade off for sure - one that appeals to me because I could can go to about any kind of restaurant I want at home... no need to do that on a cruise. I'd rather have the Disney experience.

This is why there are different options for everyone.
While I would somewhat agree with this on 3 or 4 night cruises, it really becomes more of an issue when you are on a 7 night or especially longer cruise. I mean, if you are on a 10 night cruise, you may not want to eat that 4th time in Enchanted Garden.

Also, I like the itineraries like Virgin has in Europe where they stay until 10pm in some destinations or even overnight. Can't do that if you have to hold to a 5:45pm dining time...

I really like Disney and continue to at least do some of my cruising with them. However, this is one area that I definitely agree with the OP and I think they definitely need to improve their offerings.

While I would somewhat agree with this on 3 or 4 night cruises, it really becomes more of an issue when you are on a 7 night or especially longer cruise. I mean, if you are on a 10 night cruise, you may not want to eat that 4th time in Enchanted Garden.

Also, I like the itineraries like Virgin has in Europe where they stay until 10pm in some destinations or even overnight. Can't do that if you have to hold to a 5:45pm dining time...

I really like Disney and continue to at least do some of my cruising with them. However, this is one area that I definitely agree with the OP and I think they definitely need to improve their offerings.
It was a real convenience on our Med cruise on Royal. We had late dining, but I loved getting a heathy snack if I needed one before dinner. They always had a section with cheese fruit and crackers or I could gab a small salad. There is just not enough options on DCL. The poolside food is awful and there are times especially after a long port day you just don’t want to go to dinner.

I was also disappointed to see they got rid of the appetizers in O’Gills. That had to be cost cutting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter