Daily showers are purely ‘performative’ and have no real health benefit, experts insist

Every night before bed no
Matter what !!! Nothing stops me from taking a bath or shower which includes washing my hair which is super thick so it’s wet when I go to bed
Quick shower in morning to wash hair again only way to rid the bed head and prepare for my day
My routine for over 40 yrs
If I do yardwork or something during day I may take quick shower to clean up but I will always shower before bed no matter what can’t go to bed unless I do
My hair is soft and not the least bit dry

I don't shower daily for hygiene. I do it to manage my quasi-curly-frizzy freakin hair.
See, I don't shower daily bc of my curly frizzy hair. The more I wash it, the frizzier it gets. I wash about every 3 days. With the exception of like vacation, or sometimes if I'm trying a new product it takes a while to get the amount right and it'll get sticky if I use too much. I shower on wash days, and take a bath on most of the other days.
I enjoy a daily morning shower - a good way to start the day.
I do not wash my hair every shower - my hair gets washed twice a week. I can actually go an entire week without washing my hair and it will not be greasy. I’ve been doing this for many many years, so my scalp is used to it. Not washing my hair every day helps my color not fade as fast, and I’ve read more than once that it’s good for your scalp to not wash your hair every day.
I can't go quite that long, but depending on the weather, I can sometimes make it 4 days. But I have curly hair, so I can't do dry shampoo as those mostly require you to brush it out. After 4 days tho, my scalp starts feeling gross.

For those that go to bed with wet hair don't you get really bad bedhead? And isn't your pillow damp?

I guess it's what you grew up with - my parents and grandparents never showered at night. My ILs shower in the morning as well.

Add me to the twice-daily shower crowd. In addition to the other reasons mentioned in this thread, I’ll add POLLEN. Central Texans would be walking around looking like our yellow-caked cars and patio furniture if we didn’t shower that crud off every day.

Add me to the twice-daily shower crowd. In addition to the other reasons mentioned in this thread, I’ll add POLLEN. Central Texans would be walking around looking like our yellow-caked cars and patio furniture if we didn’t shower that crud off every day.
Oy yea, spent a few days in Dallas and allergies were on fire.

I like the 'expert' quoted in the article that says it is about saving water.............LOL. I can name a LOT of other ways to do save water unrelated to personal hygiene or keeping clean !!!

Experts have been wrong before, remember how antioxidants to grab free radical electrons were all the rave then they discovered that the free radicals might actually have a function in keeping the immune system primed so a possible oops.

I love to shower daily, once a month can't be good for fungus growth and all the other microbes that use skin as a growth medium:scared: like a giant petri dish - I vote the author is a kook.

Water is a renewable resource easily handled in the US, no reason to stop unless there was a massive drought which I don't see happening in the NE US anytime soon💦 soooo much rain

I find a daily shower refreshing. I also find it mandatory during the summer--we spend a lot of time at the pool and I like to wash off the chlorine. Even during other times of the year, I always shower after a workout. Other times I might skip a day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter