Confirmed Rumor: Disney Vacation Club to Start Giving $200 Gift Card to Resort Guests Who Tour Property

Quick question, more out of curiosity than anything else, but are CM's eligible for the gift cards? Normally, I would assume it's a hard "no", but DVC DOES offer a modest CM discount, so they do court CM ownership.

Again, just curious.

Quick question, more out of curiosity than anything else, but are CM's eligible for the gift cards? Normally, I would assume it's a hard "no", but DVC DOES offer a modest CM discount, so they do court CM ownership.

Again, just curious.

They were not eligible in 2019 when my DD was still a CM. We did use her discount, but it wasn't tied to that....it was just that she didn't qualify for any incentives to tour. Only my DD who was not a CM got the GC as a non owner.

They were not eligible in 2019 when my DD was still a CM. We did use her discount, but it wasn't tied to that....it was just that she didn't qualify for any incentives to tour. Only my DD who was not a CM got the GC as a non owner.
Yeah, they are never eligible for any contests, giveaways, etc. I was just curious as the gift cards are (or could be argued are) tied to a sales promotion on a product a CM DOES get a discount on. Thanks for the anecdotal info.

Yes you can book the tour day of if they have availability, which they usually have. I would do it the day before to be safe. You can cancel, edit, or change the tour at any time with them, if you book in advance. I was told you can tour whatever DVC resort you want. They are really only activity selling at Riviera so they recommend there, but it doesn't matter. Riviera and Saratoga have dedicated DVC spaces so its more " official " if that makes sense when touring there. Better for a presentation etc.

They will pick you up from any resort, and show you any resort during that time.

Fwiw, Beach Club apparently has extremely limited hours if you are interested in seeing the rooms, I guess bc they aren't really selling it. The guide there told us it was only offered between 1:30-2:30 in the afternoon (we stopped by around 5pm).

Thank you, that is what I thought. We have a split stay, so it will still work out.
You may need to go separately. I don't think you're eligible if you've taken a tour with the past 6 or 12 months, so once you go on one they probably wouldn't qualify you for the incentive again. That's a question above my non-existant pay grade though :) I'm just saying not to count on getting anything more than the $200 total between the both of you. If you get more, that would be a nice bonus.

You may need to go separately. I don't think you're eligible if you've taken a tour with the past 6 or 12 months, so once you go on one they probably wouldn't qualify you for the incentive again. That's a question above my non-existant pay grade though :) I'm just saying not to count on getting anything more than the $200 total between the both of you. If you get more, that would be a nice bonus.
We have 2 separate stays and don’t have the same last name, so it should not be a problem. One goes on one reservation, he on the second (if he even wants to). It’s two different resorts as well. We would go separately, that makes sense. I’m only counting on myself! Not a big deal either way, though it would buy a lot of drinks! 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter