Colombia March 2024

Arriving early to give yourselves time to adjust is definitely a great idea. Unless you arrive late evening, I *highly* recommend getting out and walking around, getting fresh air and sunshine, and try to stay up as close as you can to a reasonably "normal" bedtime. I've personally found this helped the most with jetlag. Naps were the death of me. Staying well hydrated helps, too.

Sayhello
We arrive after midnight so by the time we get to the hotel, checked in, and ready for bed, it will probably be like 2 am. But we will be on Pacific time so it will still be late for us, but not middle of the night late. We figure we will get up by 10am to get breakfast in the hotel, then we have a tour scheduled for 11am so we figured that will get us up and moving. Thanks for the advice!

I just returned from the Colombia ABD. This was my first solo trip as my daughter was unavailable due to work (she's adulting! :-)) and the first ABD in Colombia. I thoroughly enjoyed it. The guides, the group, the food, the places visited were all great. I wish it had been a day or two longer.
Since you've been on many ABDs, do you feel like the quality has gone down over time (something that seems to be hinted at a bit on here) or did you enjoy the Colombia ABD as much as the others?

Since you've been on many ABDs, do you feel like the quality has gone down over time (something that seems to be hinted at a bit on here) or did you enjoy the Colombia ABD as much as the others?
I think you'll see lots of opinions on this. For me the quality of the trips and the diversity of activities remains high. I think there is something special on the first trips one takes partly because it's new and exciting. Over time you get more familiar with the rhythm and know what to expect. I find these trips are a great way to see a tremendous amount in a short period of time with a bit of magic thrown in. I've been able to do as many as I have because it's just me and my daughter and has been since she was one. We were fortunate to travel quite a bit pre ABD and in addition to the price for 2 being more reasonable than that for a larger family, it's nice to have other people to travel with. Don't get me wrong we get along great but it's good to have others to talk to 😆

I think you'll see lots of opinions on this. For me the quality of the trips and the diversity of activities remains high. I think there is something special on the first trips one takes partly because it's new and exciting. Over time you get more familiar with the rhythm and know what to expect. I find these trips are a great way to see a tremendous amount in a short period of time with a bit of magic thrown in. I've been able to do as many as I have because it's just me and my daughter and has been since she was one. We were fortunate to travel quite a bit pre ABD and in addition to the price for 2 being more reasonable than that for a larger family, it's nice to have other people to travel with. Don't get me wrong we get along great but it's good to have others to talk to 😆
That makes tons of sense to go with a group tour when it is just the two of you. I'm glad that you find the quality and diversity to remain high. I am sure we will enjoy it seeing as it is our first ABD.

Packing question for you: For the Proyecto Titi, Cocora Valley hike, and coffee farm excursions, am I correct in assuming that we should be wearing hiking-type clothes because we can expect to get dirty? Or will regular casual clothes be fine for all of them? And do we need to wear long sleeve/long pants there due to mosquitos? The photos I have seen from your trip seem to indicate yes, but the temps in Cartagena and the Coffee Region seem so high that I am tempted to wear short sleeve shirts and shorts. Which do you think we should put on our packing list?

That makes tons of sense to go with a group tour when it is just the two of you. I'm glad that you find the quality and diversity to remain high. I am sure we will enjoy it seeing as it is our first ABD.

Packing question for you: For the Proyecto Titi, Cocora Valley hike, and coffee farm excursions, am I correct in assuming that we should be wearing hiking-type clothes because we can expect to get dirty? Or will regular casual clothes be fine for all of them? And do we need to wear long sleeve/long pants there due to mosquitos? The photos I have seen from your trip seem to indicate yes, but the temps in Cartagena and the Coffee Region seem so high that I am tempted to wear short sleeve shirts and shorts. Which do you think we should put on our packing list?
The hikes are easy and on well maintained trails. The Proyecto Titi is in an area with mosquitos and if it's during the rainy season they will have rubber boots for you to wear. We didn't need them. The guides will have repellent for the bugs but a light weight long sleeve shirt and pants were worth having, as was a hat, the sun is intense.

The hikes are easy and on well maintained trails. The Proyecto Titi is in an area with mosquitos and if it's during the rainy season they will have rubber boots for you to wear. We didn't need them. The guides will have repellent for the bugs but a light weight long sleeve shirt and pants were worth having, as was a hat, the sun is intense.
So do we need the long sleeves and pants only for Proyecto Titi or for all three of these? I will definitely pack a hat but want to know how many shorts v pants to bring.

So do we need the long sleeves and pants only for Proyecto Titi or for all three of these? I will definitely pack a hat but want to know how many shorts v pants to bring.
I wore long pants and brought a long sleeve light weight shirt to all three. I looked back at my pictures and the only time I wore shorts was in Cartagena. It was a bit chilly in Bogota and the coffee region.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter