BWV refurb is in full swing.

I'm getting excited and a bit nervous about our trip in early July. We are in the pool view rooms (two 2BRs for our family and friends we are brining along). Are they still moving people from BWV to other resorts or are they almost done? Its going to be our first stay at BWV (fairly new DVC members here) and we hope it goes well.
I think the P/G view villas should be okay - it seems to be BW view (due to work on the exterior) being moved now. It seems like only the last wing, along the tennis courts, is blocked off now, and that's a small number of standard and P/G view villas and should be finished by July. :tink: :tink: :tink:

Just checked in to a BWV standard view studio. Room is very pleasing esthetically, but the lack of small table and chair is a big miss. The room looks spacious without it, but a dumb choice by the designers.
How far down the hall are rooms blocked? Thanks!

BWV Renovations.jpg

I don't see any black curtains on the standard/pool view hallways. I'm on the third floor.
Well, that's great news!!
The last report I saw week or so ago said there were black curtains hung at point "A" on the picture above.

Do you have the old chairs or the new chairs on your balcony?
New.
Well, that's great news!!
The last report I saw week or so ago said there were black curtains hung at point "A" on the picture above.
There is a regular door that says workers only that may be at that spot? If I have time, I will look closer. I just briefly checked down the hallway.

Will be staying in a standard studio in July. My understanding is that all standard studios have been renovated. Can someone confirm that? I really don't want an old room.

Will be staying in a standard studio in July. My understanding is that all standard studios have been renovated. Can someone confirm that? I really don't want an old room.
They have not completed all of the standard view villas, but any that are still in progress have already been taken off line, so no “old rooms” are being used at this time. Even if they haven’t finished all the renovations by July, you will still get a renovated villa. However, now that work is progressing on the last wing, furthest from the elevator lobby down toward the tennis courts, they should be finished with everything by July.

We head to bwv on June 15 and June 24 (split stay). Both std rooms. Would they have called me by now?!?
Not necessarily, given that your reservation is over a month out. They may not know the status of those rooms yet - although it seems all Standard view rooms are either done or in progress, we thought the same about the BW view rooms before they started the recent exterior work.

Just checked in to a BWV standard view studio. Room is very pleasing esthetically, but the lack of small table and chair is a big miss. The room looks spacious without it, but a dumb choice by the designers.

Lack of table and chair was an interesting choice with so many people working remote now. I usually work a day or two from the room so I can extend a long weekend trip and I'll really miss it as a BW owner. Occasionally I work from various resort public spaces if I'm split staying and I always see lots of other people working, so I'm not the only one!

They probably assumed, and I admit I agree, that the table and chair combo wasn't really necessary as the couch and the side chair can be used with the 'coffee table' thing as a desk or table, since it has the rising top. Even in the 1-bedroom villas where I've got the breakfast table and chairs combo, I often use my computer sitting on the couch with the raised table top there.

They probably assumed, and I admit I agree, that the table and chair combo wasn't really necessary as the couch and the side chair can be used with the 'coffee table' thing as a desk or table, since it has the rising top. Even in the 1-bedroom villas where I've got the breakfast table and chairs combo, I often use my computer sitting on the couch with the raised table top there.

I'm in disagreement with you as while I was there I found using the coffee table and couch very uncomfortable. Same situation at Hilton Head. It doesn't work for me.

On some trips I'm alone and on others there can be up to 4 in my studio when DD and 2 grands join me. Sitting us all around the coffee table doesn't work for some of our meals such as takeout - I can almost guarantee with kids there will be food on the couch. Sitting them at a table with chairs is easier to keep the milk in the cereal bowl when we are trying to eat breakfast before heading out. People forced to be eating on a couch will result in spills.

DD occasionally remote works on some trips. (She also remote works at home.) Not sure how it will affect her until we get in the situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter