Any word or any prep work being done for new DVC cabins?

Jim,

I had an accessible cabin in 2500 loop in January 2024 (2524).

It had a ramp up to the back end of the deck as well as steps up to the deck from the parking spot in front. We were moving from a campsite that morning to a cabin and I went to the lobby and asked for a cabin that was immediately available (at 9am) and this one was ready for a 1-night stay.

It was not the only accessible cabin in that loop, either.

Plus I'm pretty sure I've seen ramps on cabins in other loops (like 2600).

Not sure I know what "Florida Special" means for accessibility. Don't know what DVC will do (replace accessible legacy cabins with accessible DVC cabins like-for-like) or change the mix. It's anyone's guess.

Bama Ed
Interesting. One year we had reserved a fully accessible cabin not knowing if my wife would need the use of a. ECV. We had 3 cabins in total. My brothers cabin was ready in the 2400 loop before we arrived but not ours. I asked at the Outpost if we could get our cabin near my brothers cabin. When the CM looked it up she said said that we booked a fully accessible cabin and those were only located in the 2800 loop. We had booked so far out I had forgotten we reserved a fully accessible room and luckily my wife no longer needed an ECV so I told them to free that room up for someone who needed it. Did you cabin in 2500 have a roll in shower?

According to this page this is a Florida Special.

https://www.disneyholidays.com/walt-disney-world/help/guests-with-disabilities/

Florida Special Accessible Room (plus option for hearing accessibility)

This room is equipped with toilet grab bars, an open bed frame and lower toilet height.

A portable raised toilet seat is available upon request. Optional communication features for guests with hearing disabilities include: visual alarm; visual door knock/door bell alert; visual telephone call alert; a telephone with volume control; and electrical outlet near telephone jack.

Don't know what DVC will do (replace accessible legacy cabins with accessible DVC cabins like-for-like) or change the mix. It's anyone's guess.
They are using the same decks (for the most part) that are already there so I suspect it is like for like. Also based on the building plans that have been posted here, it looks like for like.

Currently the only loop with accessible Cabins with ramps is the 2800 (possibly the 2700) . Wonder if they will keep it that way or will add them to all the loops? If they keep it just the 2800 loop according to the chart above that loop is due to be finished on 11-11. If that's the case they may not guarantee them until they are officially done in case of a delay.
2500 has accessible but I'm pretty sure 2300 and 2600 also have them.

Don't know what DVC will do (replace accessible legacy cabins with accessible DVC cabins like-for-like) or change the mix. It's anyone's guess.
They are going to be the same as the current accessible, slightly wider and have a ramp to the deck, though the plans show a slightly different ramp than they have now.

I went into the DVC “store” at DS yesterday to ask some questions. I asked about pools and restaurants for the DVC owners and was told that the only thing DVC is doing to the property is changing out the cabins.

I pushed further, telling them of the things DVC owners expect from a property, they said my questions would be better answered in a “tour”. I know that was their goal all along, but I went along with it and allowed them to schedule me for a “tour” today. It will be at the Wilderness Lodge since they dont have anything set up at FW. We didn’t have any plans for the day, so we’ll see what I get out of it.

Would be nice to see the interior of the Cabins on your tour, unless you have actually stayed at a Cabin.
I always wanted to stay in the summer to have the AC full blast to make it cold enough to need the fireplace .

Just checked out of Cabin 2660 yesterday and want to report we saw 2 deer and a fat Turkey and 2 rabbits on property . That Turkey looked big and fat . We also saw that wild and crazy Chip n Dale .

Just want to stress How peaceful and relaxing and fun staying at the Fort is especially with a golf cart !

What is the environment there with the construction going on? I just booked last night by first stay at a cabin in all my visits. We always camped but since my dad passed my mom has gone and tried different sizes of motorhomes and it's just still too much for her to do. We rented the last couple times but we want to have something where we don't have to worry about anything. And because we have dogs pretty much the hotels are all out of the equation.

So I'm curious as to what effects the construction is having on enjoyment of the fort as a whole and what the construction is causing for inconveniences. I did notice that there's no horseback rides during the week and maybe not on the weekends depending on construction. My reservation says it's the old style cabin and then there was another spot underneath it it said after September 27th you could order the other new ones. Are they keeping some in the old cabin style does anybody know?

What is the environment there with the construction going on? I just booked last night by first stay at a cabin in all my visits. We always camped but since my dad passed my mom has gone and tried different sizes of motorhomes and it's just still too much for her to do. We rented the last couple times but we want to have something where we don't have to worry about anything. And because we have dogs pretty much the hotels are all out of the equation.

So I'm curious as to what effects the construction is having on enjoyment of the fort as a whole and what the construction is causing for inconveniences. I did notice that there's no horseback rides during the week and maybe not on the weekends depending on construction. My reservation says it's the old style cabin and then there was another spot underneath it it said after September 27th you could order the other new ones. Are they keeping some in the old cabin style does anybody know?
They are not keeping the old cabins. It's because they are changing them out in phases, that is why you can still book the old style up to a certain date.

I can’t speak to the “feeling” of the cabin loops. Just driving through though, there is lots of construction going on during the day. The old decks have been turn down, so each cabin will get a new deck.

Driving in to the campground, where they set up the “staging” area, there are lots of supply trailers, dumpsters, port a potties, etc. there is a fence around the area but you can still see it all.

A 3 way stop was installed at the turn off to the cabins just before the “staging” area.

Eventually all of the old cabins will be changed out to the new DVC cabins but some will be available for cash stays.

It was noisy / busy during the day but not really disruptive and I was in a loop where I backed right up to the cabins being added (this was just a month ago). They've done a great job of organizing it so it is minimally impacting on any loops where guests are. I had a great time driving / walking by and seeing the installs of future places I'll for sure stay in!

I attended the “tour” today, I didn’t get a tour of anything, there are no completed cabins on the property to tour.

I asked about pool and restaurant upgrades, I was told they have no information about that.

I listened to the sales pitch, told them I need to do a cost comparison between doing that and sticking with my camper.

Their advice was to buy in at Old Key West at a cheaper rate and then use the points to stay at the cabins. But the cabins would have a 50 year use time vs OKW would be 32 years.

They didn’t know what the fee would be to bring dogs, or how many cabins would be dog friendly.

They didn’t really know much other than how to go over the numbers for the cost of ownership and how to use your points.

I was compensated for my time though.

I attended the “tour” today, I didn’t get a tour of anything, there are no completed cabins on the property to tour.

I asked about pool and restaurant upgrades, I was told they have no information about that.

I listened to the sales pitch, told them I need to do a cost comparison between doing that and sticking with my camper.

Their advice was to buy in at Old Key West at a cheaper rate and then use the points to stay at the cabins. But the cabins would have a 50 year use time vs OKW would be 32 years.

They didn’t know what the fee would be to bring dogs, or how many cabins would be dog friendly.

They didn’t really know much other than how to go over the numbers for the cost of ownership and how to use your points.

I was compensated for my time though.

Thank you for the update and info (or Disney's lack thereof!) - makes one wonder how many people are buying in directly to the CFW at this point...

Glad to hear you got compensated for your time, though!

I forgot to mention, there are several dog friendly options at WDW. Art of animation, Port Orleans Riverside and Yacht club are all dog friendly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter