American Idol 2024

I'm kind of confused by the songs they are considering Disney songs tonight. Just because a song was used in a Disney produced movie doesn't make it a Disney song, IMHO. I'd rather it be songs that were written solely for a Disney movie.

I'm kind of confused by the songs they are considering Disney songs tonight. Just because a song was used in a Disney produced movie doesn't make it a Disney song, IMHO. I'd rather it be songs that were written solely for a Disney movie.

::yes:: It's like any song that was in a Disney movie is being considered a "Disney" song for tonight.

Aw, I would have liked the person of the left to have come in third over the one picked. That's just my personal choice.

I'm OK with the top 3 for the most part. The guys I had one I liked the best and the other 2 were interchangeable.

No doubt.

To have Born To be Wild by Steppenwolf sung as as part of "DISNEY NIGHT" was a joke.

No doubt.

To have Born To be Wild by Steppenwolf sung as as part of "DISNEY NIGHT" was a joke.
OTOH, I've been watching AI for years, and while I love Disney night (contestants' park visits! Katy's costumes!), there's only so many times I can listen to someone sing Colors of the Wind! It's nice to get some variety.

OTOH, I've been watching AI for years, and while I love Disney night (contestants' park visits! Katy's costumes!), there's only so many times I can listen to someone sing Colors of the Wind! It's nice to get some variety.
I understand completely.

But it would make just as much sense to have Rock 'n Roll Night and have someone sing Colors of the Wind!lol

No doubt.

I guess no one here is old enough to remember when Steppenwolf played at the "Flower Power" concerts at the Flower and Garden Festival (that's what the concerts were called then). When they did "Magic Carpet Ride", it really brought back some non-Disney memories. The following year, they weren't back and we asked some people why. Apparently, they were too loud! Hello-it's Steppenwolf-what did they expect?!

I wasn't totally happy with the top three, but....it may be better in the long run to NOT be contracted with Idol for recording. It could be several of these folks will be in the music industry based on their talents and one in particular, for sure.

I wasn't totally happy with the top three, but....it may be better in the long run to NOT be contracted with Idol for recording. It could be several of these folks will be in the music industry based on their talents and one in particular, for sure.

Yes, it was such a big scandal when Kelly Clarkson parted ways with Idol management after her first album. Clay Aiken and Jennifer Hudson did well in spite of not having an Idol win. Jennifer now has an EGOT! (Wins for a Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, and Tony Awards.)

As we have seen over the years, winning American Idol is no guarantee of success in the music business. Some have done well and gone on to be relatively big stars. Many others have not. A few have had a couple of popular songs/hit records but still didn't pan out after that. A successful ongoing music career relates to being able to record many hits records, do tours and have a following for your type of music. I haven't followed the contract thing that closely but I know the winner has some initial obligation to that record label. How long they are obligated to that label and what they negotiate beyond that I don't really know. Likely it also depends on how successful you have been. A record label probably has less interest in re-signing someone who hasn't done well.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter